E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ARRRRGH!!!! Bloody sensors

07-20-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

ARRRRGH!!!! Bloody sensors

Hi all,

Sorry for the title
My rain/light sensor appears to be broken. My auto lights are on all the time and the wipers just do their own thing when on auto.
I've been to bmw and an Indy who want a small fortune to replace it. So I've decided to go DIY and see if I can spend a faction of that an sort it myself.

However, I've got a replacement sensor and can easily replace it but I've just read it needs coded and re initialised. Is there anyone in and around manchester/bolton/stockport who is up to speed with doing this and wants a few quid or some beer.
It's driving me Fkin nuts and I thought it'd be a simple swap and I'm done - guess not

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Cheers
Andy
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 02:18 AM   #2
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

well get it swapped anyway as that needs to happen. You may be lucky and it won't need coding. Seems odd a sensor needs coding imo. I'd disconnect the battery, swap then see how I get on if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #3
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Will do. Got the part on the way and hopefully it's just a straight swap out and all works.
I'm just going of what I've read - if it needs amy sort of coding or re-initialising that'll be a right pain in the ass for me.
Fingers crossed it'll be reet!
Appreciate 0