E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lifting bumper

04-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Lifting bumper

I've noticed this weekend that my front bumper has dropped a bit. I think someone has given it a little bump. There are no mark or anything but it's definitely dropped.

What's the best and easiest way to lift it and get the panel lines looking right?
Do I need to be removing all the screws, clips etc to just lift it? Is this gonna be more than a 1 person job?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
PowerCorrupts
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325d

On my E92 I replaced the 4 black torx screws with a slightly larger M8 (possibly M6 but I forget) bolt with a few added washers to close the standard gap between the bumper & front bumper (near the grilles). Maybe this can help you?

I had to play around with the number of each washers on the 4 individual bolts, as some times it wouldn't let the bonnet shut properly but the gap is ALOT smaller now, and makes a noticeable difference once you've done it!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
'V'
Captain
Rep
Drives: ~Carbon black F36

Was that the gap at the front (above the grills), obviously that gap is bigger as my bumper has dropped but I notice it far more on the sides of the bumper where it slopes down slightly inline with the bonnet , I now have a very noticeable gap that starts off good and just opens up to the point of me being able to nearly put my little finger in it.
Appreciate 0