E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

10-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #1761
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
hahahaha, my car is a keeper, so i don't think im gonna part out anything yet. after spent so much money n effort, i think it is a keeper for a long time.

I am living back at mi casa. You at work today? Maybe I can stop bye on my way home. And show you what 400+ feels like.. haha.. j/k

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #1762
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post

I am living back at mi casa. You at work today? Maybe I can stop bye on my way home. And show you what 400+ feels like.. haha.. j/k
yes i am but will leave work around 4:30.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #1763
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
yes i am but will leave work around 4:30.
yup, can't make that. next time...

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #1764
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Anyone local know how to fix this?! Driving me nuts!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759954
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #1765
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Anyone local know how to fix this?! Driving me nuts!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759954
hey Dan, looks like you need to find someone with coding knowledge to code it out. searched and seems like it is some kind of coding error with aftermarket AE
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #1766
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
+1,

Some of the aftermarket pull codes. Is there a serial number on there?

Is it just the bulb? Or is this a full after market with the rings also?

Try unplugging the after market setup, replace back to.a stock bulb, and see if the code still exists.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #1767
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Thanks fellas. Maybe it is coding issue. But, I've had these in for over a year now. It's only been the last couple months that have caused an error. Can a coder disable the error light?! Btw, it is just the bulb and wire harness upgrade. Can't remember the exact brand. I really don't want to go back to stock. I recall this upgrade cutting up my hands cuz there's so little space in there! I don't want to lose more blood! Ugh. Any coders in here?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #1768
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Thanks fellas. Maybe it is coding issue. But, I've had these in for over a year now. It's only been the last couple months that have caused an error. Can a coder disable the error light?! Btw, it is just the bulb and wire harness upgrade. Can't remember the exact brand. I really don't want to go back to stock. I recall this upgrade cutting up my hands cuz there's so little space in there! I don't want to lose more blood! Ugh. Any coders in here?
I believe carlos916 has his car coded to delete the side markers. I think he went somewhere in the bar area. PM him. you can find him here easier. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720625

yeah its a bitch to remove and replace the bulb for the angel eyes. I got lux and never had a problem.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #1769
melvin
steady lurking
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

finally found a sacramento thread!

whats up guys, i just picked up a e92 couple months ago and still lurking around haha.

just wanted to drop in and introduce myself!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #1770
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
unfortunately nope... i think the closet one is in bay

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=763221

i know it's a bit of driving and far but might as well if you planning to go, code all other stuff u wanna do to your car in 1 trip. how's everything brother? i deleted my FB a month ago and haven't seen your text much. are you still traveling around frequent for work?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #1771
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin View Post

whats up guys, i just picked up a e92 couple months ago and still lurking around haha.

welcome! i'll say you picked a wrong decision to lurk around the forum.. this is a very evil place. do you know what's BMW real meaning? Break My Wallet, hahahaha, im sure your mod bugs will bite you soon and it's an influence to pass on to other local sac'er member. hahahahaha....

ask Vince, first time when i met him he was totally stock except a set of wheels, and what's he have now? VINCE, please fill out the rest of the story and share it with the new member
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #1772
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:

Welcome! Oh and be careful with the law, his bug rubs off on you. WHen you mod everything in the book, you end up buying a new BMW and start all over.

Quote:
welcome! i'll say you picked a wrong decision to lurk around the forum.. this is a very evil place. do you know what's BMW real meaning? Break My Wallet, hahahaha, im sure your mod bugs will bite you soon and it's an influence to pass on to other local sac'er member. hahahahaha....

ask Vince, first time when i met him he was totally stock except a set of wheels, and what's he have now? VINCE, please fill out the rest of the story and share it with the new member
Well, lets just say I tried to use "Raid", but the bug keeps coming back. I thought I would be done with Tints, Wheels, upgraded AE and Interior LED. But nooooo, the law has to show you what new mod he did, then you are like, hmm... I want that.

Since last April, DCI, COBB, FMIC & ER CP w/ BOV. Thinking the COBB was enough, but then a lot of people where figuring out how to custom tune with E85 pump gas (COBB ATR). After hearing what results Eric did with just ACN 91 on a pro tune by Pro Tuning Freaks, I was like, that's it! I want to maximize my ponies so I don't have to do anymore performance mods (DPs)

So just finished up my Pro E-Tune with Pro Tuning Freaks, COBB S1 + with 50% Ethanol fuel blended with ACN 91. Putting out 130 more ponies from stock!

SO whats next, well i am sick of that rash my GF put on my front bumper. more cosmetics are coming. M3 front bumper here we go.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #1773
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
im sure your mod bugs will bite you soon
Terry has the BMS OCC on sale, did you ever think about getting one? What do you think Bob C. would say? I am sure the Dealer would be fine about it, after all is a preventative maintenance item. I am thinking about getting one today. what are your thoughts?

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #1774
melvin
steady lurking
United_States
Rep

thanks for the warm welcome guys!! yeah i'm not trying to get the mod bug on the bmw. my last car i modded the shit out of it. i already have a list in mind if i "were" to mod haha. but i'm eyeing the vanguard exhaust fs in sac. =/
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #1775
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Terry has the BMS OCC on sale, did you ever think about getting one? What do you think Bob C. would say? I am sure the Dealer would be fine about it, after all is a preventative maintenance item. I am thinking about getting one today. what are your thoughts?
hey vince, i do/don't see a point of OCC yet. i read a lot of threads about OCC and there's good/bad about it. some would catch no oil while others catch a lot. i've been thinking about one a year ago but some long time member here were not using it and have their reason. so im still holding off the OCC. im sure bob is fine with it. if you worry about oil getting into the intake/fmic, CP...etc, i can tell you even with OCC, you will still see oil in those components. so that was my point to holding off. instead, i would take out my fmic/CP, intake probably once a year just to clean and wipe off all oil to prevent, also every 30-40k miles, do another walnut shell blasting and oil change every 5k miles instead of 10k. i think that is a better method to keep the motor in top condition as preventative maint.

Quote:
thanks for the warm welcome guys!! yeah i'm not trying to get the mod bug on the bmw. my last car i modded the shit out of it. i already have a list in mind if i "were" to mod haha. but i'm eyeing the vanguard exhaust fs in sac. =/
hahahaha, that's what i swore to myself when i bought my e90, guess what, after 2 weeks of ownership, my mod journey started off with a JB+. this car is meant to be driven and meant to be modded. after you realized +25whp is fun, then there's the game started. i had jb+, jb3, jb4, cobb within 2 years. this thing is just addicting. once u settled with the power you wanted, then you want more grip, more handling, more appealing... it's a chain effect. i've been a good boy for past 6 months without anymore mod. but im afraid one day next year, brown truck will deliver some RB turbos for some more fun.

vanguard is a nice exhaust system. have you hear one in person yet? some people say it's quiet, some say it's very loud. or you can try the golf tee mod and see if you want the way it is first. ive heard/sat in, bastuck, AE, AMS, bmw PE and personally i love the bmw PE the most. maybe im biased, but my setup is 2nd cat deleted, bmw PE with quad and with PTF tune, my car sounds like sex.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #1776
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

SO whats next, well i am sick of that rash my GF put on my front bumper. more cosmetics are coming. M3 front bumper here we go.
let me know when u r ready to pull trigger on one Vince, i can call Jay to get you a great price =)

you saw my m3 front right? i got it from Jay and fitment is dead on OEM. you know i got u cover on the paint and everything. fog light delete and replace with oem M3 airduct, CF v-style front lip... sounds what you wanna do? sorry im an evil..... oh by doing that, might as well do either rear mtech or a custom diffuser like mine and get quad done, later down the road and get some coilover and maybe a amuse or CSL CF trunk and your car will be golden.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #1777
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
let me know when u r ready to pull trigger on one Vince, i can call Jay to get you a great price =)

you saw my m3 front right? i got it from Jay and fitment is dead on OEM. you know i got u cover on the paint and everything. fog light delete and replace with oem M3 airduct, CF v-style front lip... sounds what you wanna do? sorry im an evil..... oh by doing that, might as well do either rear mtech or a custom diffuser like mine and get quad done, later down the road and get some coilover and maybe a amuse or CSL CF trunk and your car will be golden.
That's the plan, I'll hit you up once I get the money saved up. Thanks for the reference. I think I will stay with dual exhaust, but definitely m-tech rear bumper with diffuser.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #1778
melvin
steady lurking
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hahahaha, that's what i swore to myself when i bought my e90, guess what, after 2 weeks of ownership, my mod journey started off with a JB+. this car is meant to be driven and meant to be modded. after you realized +25whp is fun, then there's the game started. i had jb+, jb3, jb4, cobb within 2 years. this thing is just addicting. once u settled with the power you wanted, then you want more grip, more handling, more appealing... it's a chain effect. i've been a good boy for past 6 months without anymore mod. but im afraid one day next year, brown truck will deliver some RB turbos for some more fun.

vanguard is a nice exhaust system. have you hear one in person yet? some people say it's quiet, some say it's very loud. or you can try the golf tee mod and see if you want the way it is first. ive heard/sat in, bastuck, AE, AMS, bmw PE and personally i love the bmw PE the most. maybe im biased, but my setup is 2nd cat deleted, bmw PE with quad and with PTF tune, my car sounds like sex.
hahah yeah. i did the whole led interior swap and the golf tee mod. so i guess right now the exhaust note is pretty much good where it is right now. but i do want to get an exhaust thats a little bit louder. as much as i want to straight pipe the car i don't want to get hassled since i live in elk grove.

i even tried to stay out of the fs section just so i don't see any parts i want for a fairly decent price. the only thing that i would really want right now is coilovers and a new front bumper. the previous owner drilled 4+ holes to mount a front plate.

further down the road i know i want to get jb4, dci, and possibly a oil catch can. i don't know how severe a oil catch can is needed. i'd have to look into that a little more.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #1779
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
hahah yeah. i did the whole led interior swap and the golf tee mod. so i guess right now the exhaust note is pretty much good where it is right now. but i do want to get an exhaust thats a little bit louder. as much as i want to straight pipe the car i don't want to get hassled since i live in elk grove.

i even tried to stay out of the fs section just so i don't see any parts i want for a fairly decent price. the only thing that i would really want right now is coilovers and a new front bumper. the previous owner drilled 4+ holes to mount a front plate.

further down the road i know i want to get jb4, dci, and possibly a oil catch can. i don't know how severe a oil catch can is needed. i'd have to look into that a little more.

from my experiences of piggyback and flash tune. my rule of thumb is, if you don't wanna deal with DP, meth... etc, and mainly a small bolt on and tune, i'll go with flash. jb4 was good to me, but now COBB is getting more and more advance and also the ATR, im happier with cobb than the jb4 i used to have. with the same mod, cobb with custom tune gives me much more power and it is very good on for a DD.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #1780
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
from my experiences of piggyback and flash tune. my rule of thumb is, if you don't wanna deal with DP, meth... etc, and mainly a small bolt on and tune, i'll go with flash. jb4 was good to me, but now COBB is getting more and more advance and also the ATR, im happier with cobb than the jb4 i used to have. with the same mod, cobb with custom tune gives me much more power and it is very good on for a DD.
+1

@meilvin

Don't let the price of a piggy back fool you, I can't really justify because I have never used a PnP, but like the law (haha Eric, I am going to start calling you the "Law") said, the Flash tunes have way more of an variety when it comes to less mods. And since we are in Cali, DP's will be a bitch when we have to start SMOG'n next year.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #1781
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:

I would hold off on the straight pipe, especially if you go JB4, when you put in DP's and advanced your timing, your exhaust will change and you may not like they way it sounds afterwards. Besides i am bias, I love the stock sound. Just can't justify 1600+ for PE and or 1200+ for exhaust systems.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #1782
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would hold off on the straight pipe, especially if you go JB4, when you put in DP's and advanced your timing, your exhaust will change and you may not like they way it sounds afterwards. Besides i am bias, I love the stock sound. Just can't justify 1600+ for PE and or 1200+ for exhaust systems.
check FS frequent Vince, that's how i got my PE for almost 1/2 of the brand new price a few years ago =)

and yes @melvin, tune will change the tone of the exhaust, so i would hold off at the moment if i were you. i picked mine up cuz the price was just too good to pass, and that exhaust was sold within 2 hours of the thread was up! hahaha, i was hella dip on it once it was on.
Appreciate 0