E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Even I didn't think it would be this quick

01-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #133
smoked
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak
Nice car. Good sound.

The leeds player El Hadji Diouf has one in silver chrome - I had a little 'convoy drive' with him on the M621 a few weeks back.

Matt
that boy chrome wraps all his cars! he had a chrome slr when he was at Blackburn. subtle.......
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #134
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
10. I sign a few forms, he signs a few forms, I walk away
Congrats on the car.

Always wondered how this works, do they transfer the money, then you hand the keys over, or the other way around ??

How long did the money transfer take ??

Best wishes.

Michael.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #135
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Just a little market feedback from these companies, tried out the figures based on the Zed, as follows -:

wewantanycar - £15,576
webuyanycar - £16,025
wewillbuyyourcar - £16,947

Obviously, the higher figures are liable to be knocked back by the slightest of scratches/dings/etc, but there's a long way to go before getting to the next lowest figure. The highest figure actually isn't that bad considering the trade-in figures given from dealers (usually about £16,500) but still a bit low for my liking.

Just thought I'd share.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #136
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Just a little market feedback from these companies, tried out the figures based on the Zed, as follows -:

wewantanycar - £15,576
webuyanycar - £16,025

Obviously, the higher figures are liable to be knocked back by the slightest of scratches/dings/etc, but there's a long way to go before getting to the next lowest figure. The highest figure actually isn't that bad considering the trade-in figures given from dealers (usually about £16,500) but still a bit low for my liking.

Just thought I'd share.
Thanks Roger, appreciate that.

Had a go with the X5 on WWAC and there were worse than WBAC, so will try WWBYC

Last edited by misterS3; 01-08-2013 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #137
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

wewantanycar - £15,576
webuyanycar - £16,025

Just thought I'd share.

Actually the figure i got was £5k more than the rest. And i haven't told them about tracker, HUD, Panoroof, Individual Audio, heated rears, etc. So don't think it will drop much from the figure i got (hopefully!). Will test out when my dad goes back to London and i get the car back! Ta again!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #138
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
God, I so want your car, sounds the dogs-danglies, but I've got another new bathroom waiting to be fitted next month to add to my collection .

Rather depressing when you work out the 'trade-in' value of my car is similar to the monthly depreciation suffered by the SLS since new - TWAT .
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #139
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I would ram that absolute scum of the earth off the road.
You know, I used to hate him too, but he's changing my opinion.

He seems an arsehole to people who can live with it (Neil Warnock, other players, etc) but is doing a VERY good job convincing me that he cares about those less fortunate than he is.

The way he goes and talks to the disabled kids when he comes off and every single week gives them his shirt is very touching and you can see the kids absolutely love him.

Look at this kid who dressed up as him recently (it was in The Sun) including colouring his face and sticking the hair on. The Sun might have made a big deal of it (claiming it was racist etc) but Diouf absolutely loved it - he was posing outside Elland Road with the kid for about 30 mins and had some great banter.

On the pitch he has worked hard as well. We'll see though - from what I can tell he tends to go mental after 12-18 months at any given club, so perhaps he will do that at Leeds too.

There is also the fact that when he signed his permanent extension, he genuinely did have better cash offers elsehwere. Who knows.

Anyway sorry Andrew.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #140
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Andrew: One word. Lunatic.

Dave.
      01-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #141
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post

Dave.
I'd go two,and add 'raving'

Looking forward to seeing the pics Andrew,it will be a corker

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #142
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
X5 to a Fabia, that's quite a change!!
I have a fast datsun. The X5 is my DD and given to my folks when they are back home and neither like it as it's too big. So defeats one of the main reasons for having 2 cars. But i reckon my mum will nick the VRS and take it to London when she gets her mitts on
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #143
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
You know, I used to hate him too, but he's changing my opinion.

He seems an arsehole to people who can live with it (Neil Warnock, other players, etc) but is doing a VERY good job convincing me that he cares about those less fortunate than he is.

The way he goes and talks to the disabled kids when he comes off and every single week gives them his shirt is very touching and you can see the kids absolutely love him.

Look at this kid who dressed up as him recently (it was in The Sun) including colouring his face and sticking the hair on. The Sun might have made a big deal of it (claiming it was racist etc) but Diouf absolutely loved it - he was posing outside Elland Road with the kid for about 30 mins and had some great banter.

On the pitch he has worked hard as well. We'll see though - from what I can tell he tends to go mental after 12-18 months at any given club, so perhaps he will do that at Leeds too.

There is also the fact that when he signed his permanent extension, he genuinely did have better cash offers elsehwere. Who knows.

Anyway sorry Andrew.

Matt
Met him once in Glasgow in Frasers Champagne bar.

I took a pal of mine out for lunch for her birthday and she wanted champagne cocktails so i obliged. It's the only time i've been in there, and when we were in, in the corner was Diouf and a few other Algerian players and couple of nice ladies. All drinking mocktails.

My pals is a big celtic fan so she's screwing up her face in his general direction as women seem to do. I had my back to them so couldn't really see what was going on. But nothing over the top and certainly not your stereotypical footballer behaviour/

Just as he's leaving, he walks past, nods at us and says, "how are you doing?"
And then i tell him i'm here for my pals birthday, so he gives her a big hug and sits down and starts chatting. Now my pal is fluent in French so has been eaves dropping on his conversation (as women do) with his pals. And she makes a comment about something they'd been talking about in French, so they start chatting ten to the dozen in French. After 5 mins he said he had to go, wished her happy Birthday, offered her a drink (she declined) and left.

It still annoys her as a Celtic fan how nice he was to her

No idea what he was saying, but off the pitch he does seem to be a decent bloke or very good at acting like one.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #144
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
There will be no ring driving without suitable insurance I'm afraid...I mean, would you if you weren't suitably covered? Too much to lose and a risk too far for me
I probably would. I mean, most of my modifications would in all likelyhood not be covered by my insurance anyway. But then, that's me! In your case I probably wouldn't either. Or ask Tone to organise an insurance. He can organise anything.

Quote:
Lets catch up later in the year and we'll see just how well the ultimate driving machine stacks up to the taxi Was discussing with a friend today how [added: we] might just pop over to the Pistenklause for a steak in the next few weeks and drive back the next day because, well, what better use for a car like this
That would be cool. And you could do a few passenger laps with me on the 'Ring, and do a bit of Autobahn driving with your SLS. Or maybe let Uli drive a lap? He's never crashed a car!

I also have to baptise our second BMW in the family on the 'Ring, might do that at the same time. You could coach Sarah in that case!

Alpina_B3_Lux
      01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #145
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
Congrats on the car.

Always wondered how this works, do they transfer the money, then you hand the keys over, or the other way around ??

How long did the money transfer take ??

Best wishes.

Michael.
Woooah there.....hold on just one minute! Theres no money in my account yet As with most of these companies, it takes 4 working days to transfer the funds so am expecting the cash on to show Thursday PM.

I'm not even (maybe naively?) in the slightest bit concerned as I doubt none of the big companies are likely to run off with my car!

Lets hope I'm not sat here in 2 days with no money, no car and.....no chance of getting the SLS

Quote:

wewantanycar - £15,576
webuyanycar - £16,025

Just thought I'd share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Thanks Roger, appreciate that.

Had a go with the X5 on WWAC and there were worse than WBAC, so will try WWBYC
Quote:
Actually the figure i got was £5k more than the rest. And i haven't told them about tracker, HUD, Panoroof, Individual Audio, heated rears, etc. So don't think it will drop much from the figure i got (hopefully!). Will test out when my dad goes back to London and i get the car back! Ta again!
Just remember that the price you see online, particularly for the unusual/expensive stuff is subject to the typical T&C's of these companies, the key part being that they may adjust the value as a result of 'market conditions'. They've obviously had some stick for this as they now commit to calling you before the appointment to confirm if they're going to change the price to save a wasted journey.

This happened to me, but I expected it....the online quote was between £69-£72k (depending on company) and I knew I had bob hope of getting that given Jag dealers have them advertised for this sort of money (or less). I did the quote initially with WBAC and got the expected call, giving me a quote of £63k. I expected a reduction but this was a bit much so I then did a quote with WWAC and immediately called them to complain about WBAC practices (knowing full well what they were!) and ask how accurate their online quotes were....I wanted to see if they would try to win me over by claiming the moral high ground! And after first checking with their underwriters, they did by offering me a price much closer to their initial offer and one that I thought reasonable!

Quote:
God, I so want your car, sounds the dogs-danglies, but I've got another new bathroom waiting to be fitted next month to add to my collection .

Rather depressing when you work out the 'trade-in' value of my car is similar to the monthly depreciation suffered by the SLS since new - TWAT .
But surely Roger....surely....it's just an old-mans Merc

You and your bathrooms I find nothing wrong with having my car and a quality David Wilson homes bathroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post

Dave.
Why thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I probably would. I mean, most of my modifications would in all likelyhood not be covered by my insurance anyway. But then, that's me! In your case I probably wouldn't either. Or ask Tone to organise an insurance. He can organise anything.

That would be cool. And you could do a few passenger laps with me on the 'Ring, and do a bit of Autobahn driving with your SLS. Or maybe let Uli drive a lap? He's never crashed a car!

I also have to baptise our second BMW in the family on the 'Ring, might do that at the same time. You could coach Sarah in that case!

Alpina_B3_Lux
Well you're mad....no matter how good one can drive, taking a £120k car uninsured on a track would be just crazy. One mistake, possibly even by someone else, and bam....it's gone Nope, not for me (not anymore anyway!) and even Tony can't get 'ring insurance on this! I don't even think I'd let Uli drive it...the same theory applies, no matter how good he is!

I'll let you know when we're going to pop over....it'll give me chance to show you up on your own autobahns I'll also happily coach Sarah.....on how to bring her new car ownership to a swift end Tempted huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #146
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
I'll let you know when we're going to pop over....it'll give me chance to show you up on your own autobahns I'll also happily coach Sarah.....on how to bring her new car ownership to a swift end Tempted huh?
As long as it's dry I'm not scared of you driving. In the wet I would only let you drive anything in the parking lot!

Alpina_B3_Lux
      01-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #147
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Woooah there.....hold on just one minute! Theres no money in my account yet As with most of these companies, it takes 4 working days to transfer the funds so am expecting the cash on to show Thursday PM.

I'm not even (maybe naively?) in the slightest bit concerned as I doubt none of the big companies are likely to run off with my car!

Lets hope I'm not sat here in 2 days with no money, no car and.....no chance of getting the SLS
Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, you are a braver man than me !

The reason I asked was that since the recent changes to Banking Laws, I assumed the process would go as follows.

Car checked over - offer confirmed - money transfered - drink a couple of coffees - ring your bank - check money is in account - hand over keys - the end.

I regularly transfer money between accounts (UK & Europe), and it takes under two hours, just a regular transfer, not express service. The blurb says, Your funds can take up to 2 hours to appear in your bank account., in fact it can only take a few minutes.

I thought the whole idea of the new laws was to stop the banks holding onto customer's money, earning themselves interest for a few days, before finally transferring to the destination account.

Hope it all happens on time !

Michael.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #148
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Using a BACS payment will take 3 days, this is the cheapest method as it will only cost them a few pence, that's why they choose it and the person sending the money retains it in their account until the maturity day therefore they also earn interest.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #149
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Using a BACS payment will take 3 days, this is the cheapest method as it will only cost them a few pence, that's why they choose it and the person sending the money retains it in their account until the maturity day therefore they also earn interest.
Yeh a proper BACS Transfer will take 3 days. Due to the process. Don't ask me what it is!! But when i paid our wages manually via internet banking it would be minutes before it hit staff's bank accounts. Now i use a company to pay the wages and had to set them up as a BACS authority we have to prepare our wages 3 days earlier :s
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #150
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
As long as it's dry I'm not scared of you driving. In the wet I would only let you drive anything in the parking lot!

Alpina_B3_Lux
You.....will let me drive YOUR car round the 'ring?? Barking....you are barking mad! But a very kind offer which would be rude to refuse See you soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, you are a braver man than me !

The reason I asked was that since the recent changes to Banking Laws, I assumed the process would go as follows.

I thought the whole idea of the new laws was to stop the banks holding onto customer's money, earning themselves interest for a few days, before finally transferring to the destination account.

Hope it all happens on time !

Michael.
Quote:
Quote:
Yeh a proper BACS Transfer will take 3 days. Due to the process. Don't ask me what it is!! But when i paid our wages manually via internet banking it would be minutes before it hit staff's bank accounts. Now i use a company to pay the wages and had to set them up as a BACS authority we have to prepare our wages 3 days earlier :s

The reason for the 4-day delay is not just due to BACS (although I presume they choose the cheapest (and therefore slowest method). Although the car was visually perfect, their policy is to have their workshop do a more thorough check. It's not to reduce the price further by finding fault from wear and tear items (I am assured that the price I have in writing is now the final price paid).....it's more to check it's not accident damaged, two cars glued together or hiding something really bad. They've clearly been burnt before but I guess I find out tomorrow when the money should be in my account
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #151
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Andrew, how is it going with negotiating on the E350 coupe? I love these, nice inside and decent road presence. I assume its a sport model you are after. Interested to hear if you get one for your target monthly. I see DtD are offering just under £7K off a new one and isnt there cheap rate finance on a PCP?

Personal Contract Hire is not bad either, at just a smidge over £400/month
Well, I succeeded today I'm now getting two Mercs

I got the quote from Broadspeed nearly matched by MB Milton Keynes but they couldn't get a car in the spec I wanted (they're no longer building the pre-facelift versions and the facelift won't have the £3.9k MB support on it).

I popped into my local MB dealer (right opposite where I work) today to see if they could get a car in roughly the spec I wanted and bam!....they had almost the perfect one sitting in their network

They matched (in fact, slightly beat!) Broadspeed with no more encouragement than me saying that I'd buy their car if they matched the Broadspeed price and honoured the low rate 4.9% APR (you see chaps....it can be very simple as long as you're obviously serious and prepared to do the deal there and then as, in my experience, dealers love a quick sale!

So, brand new E350CDi Sport arrives next week with the following spec:

Diamond (Metallic) White
Flamenco Red (real) Leather
Comand + Media Interface
Memory Pack (I got my electric seats )
Harmon Kardon (really chuffed about this)

The only think missing IMO is 19" wheels...it's practically running castors on the standard 18's. An easily rectified problem though

List price was £47.5k.....Palmball price was £38.5k I essentially got the £3.9k MB deposit contribution plus an extra £5.1k off the car which is frankly blinding if you ask me.

Yeah I know, it's now an old model and if you're a strange German like Marcel you'll think it's just an old taxi, but I've got this car with no deposit for £551 per month! I haven't quite saved the £200/month I wanted to on what I pay on the Range Rover but I did manage a £170/month saving.

As for the RRS, well I always said I would categorically not pay to get rid of it. I haven't quite managed this but I did manage to get £37.5k for it from my old neighbour who is a car trader....thats around £1.2k over 'trade' value and just £500 short of my target. I'll take that given the deal on the E-class. Given I paid £40.5k for it back in July, this car ended up costing me exactly £4k in six months, equating to £667 a month plus a bit of interest. Again, I'll take that - one of the better short-term buy's I've had.

Finally, just to add to the perception of my craziness, my ultimate desire is to get the new Range Rover Sport when it comes out early next year so I think I'll whack a £500 deposit on one over the next couple of weeks - with all the money I've saved buying a supercar and a brand new Merc, I should be able to afford one at the turn of the year The backorders for the new RRS are already piling up and with a current 10 month wait for the new 'proper' RR, I reckon a sneaky deposit on the new Sport isn't a bad shout! Probably not so crazy huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #152
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

You crazy man can I get you to negotiate for my mrs B-class
      01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #153
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Is this dodgy maths in action? £4k depreciation on the RRS + (from my powers of reading between the lines) 6 months worth of monthly payments of £720 or so and was there a deposit that you paid at the start too? Don't understand the figures here!

So how long will the E Coupe last ? And will you get back £35k in 6 months.

Nice one on the deal though Mr Palmball!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #154
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Is this dodgy maths in action? £4k depreciation on the RRS + (from my powers of reading between the lines) 6 months worth of monthly payments of £720 or so and was there a deposit that you paid at the start too? Don't understand the figures here!

So how long will the E Coupe last ? And will you get back £35k in 6 months.

Nice one on the deal though Mr Palmball!

Not sure I get you....I haven't paid the monthly payment and taken a £4k hit. Here's the calcs....

I paid £40.5k and I just sold it for £37.5k. Thats £4k loss - I've actually paid 5 months payments (Aug-Dec)at £726 (total of £3,630), I paid £1k dipper (so total paid is £4,630 inc. interest). I guess my only 'fail' is the £500 I spent on side steps and £150 on mats (yeas, they're really THAT much!) but I guess I can take those off in the next week and sell them on eBay.
Appreciate 0