E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > I finally booked it in

02-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
I finally booked it in

Hi Guys

Just wanted to tell you as I am excited about finally booking my car in on Tuesday to have rebuilt turbos (with a few upgrades) and Milltek catless downpipes fitted. I have the Evolve stage 1 map currently so Stage 2 is on my laptop ready to upload.

It should be awsome to have a car that makes solid boost with no lag plus a bit of extra power. The wastegates have got so bad they never close properly and the lag was terrible not to mention the unpredictable boost and sounding like something is going to fly off all the time.

I'm not sure weather I should get them to do a dyno before and after. It woudl be good to see but it adds more cost to an already hefty bill.

Next step is intake valve cleaning, OCC, FMIC, Forge diverter valves and exhaust. In that order.

Roll on the end of Feb!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Excellent! Look forward to reading a review once you get the car back!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
SCN_Saul
http://www.seatcupra.net
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M Sport

nice, who is doing the work for you? AMD?

id have it dyno'd then at least you know where you were, and the improvements
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
It will be AMD doing the work. I ws going to source the bits and get them fitted at Prestige (down the road form AMD) as I know they are good, but the free fitting on the downpipes is too good to miss.

I do have a dyno of the car as it is from evolve from a few months ago so I might see what the final cost is and ask them to put it on the dyno if there is less labour. Won't be a like for like but will give a good indication of whats going on.
Appreciate 0