E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Musicar - Be Warned!

02-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe

Musicar - Be Warned!

This company seems to have completly gone to ground.

If you are able to get in contact with them pre sales, don't expect to be able to speak to them post sales and god help you if you have a warrenty issue!!!

Emails, FB even other members on here haven't been able to get them to respond to me for 3x months. You can read my ongoing saga with them... thanks only to other helpful members I have a system I can listen to. Left to them it would have been months without audio.

As Musicar ironically say themselves a great system can sound crap if it isn't installed and tuned right.

If you value cusotmer service and want the assistance you need to get your system sounding right AVOID this company.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=932890&page=3
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930447
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Thanks for the heads up. You'd think companies here would understand it's is the purists that provide them with the ground and if it isn't for our cars being out in the public and show their nothing.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Concorde
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335i lci

I personally tried to contact them to buy a stage 2 subwoofer kit for my e90 but could never get a hold of them.... Like you I tried everything ; phone , Facebook, forums ... Nothing.

Decided to get myself a nice set of wheels instead. It seems they're concentrating on other platforms from what I see on their Facebook wall. Too bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

Email, FB wall post, FB message, Private message to VP electrictrics on here and two threads on here with the above 3 questions.

Who wants to make a bet I don't hear back.. I'll repeat this twice a week.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #6
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange View Post
Email, FB wall post, FB message, Private message to VP electrictrics on here and two threads on here with the above 3 questions.

Who wants to make a bet I don't hear back.. I'll repeat this twice a week.

actually, since you started this thread, there is a decent chance he will contact you...on this thread!...:roll eyes:

a change is definitely needed there...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #7
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
actually, since you started this thread, there is a decent chance he will contact you...on this thread!...:roll eyes:
Spot on... though I'm happy regardless.

Received this just now.

"I'm terribly sorry that I have done such a poor job of support on this. It's not our usual practice. I'm overloaded, but you shouldn't have had to suffer for it.

You should have:

Helix DSP
Mobridge DA2
A Toslink cable to connect these two together
Arc Mini 4 amplifier mounted to an adapter plate
RCA cables from the Helix DSP to the amp, with a turn-on wire
Plug-in speaker integration harness
HAT L4 mids with mounts and wiring harnesses
Morel MT220 tweeters in E92 trims with wiring harnesses
Morel MX240 crossovers with harnesses prepped for in door mounting
German Maestro 8012 woofers in enclosures with wiring adapters
Power harness for the amplifier

(Are you thinking you're missing something?)

The crossover settings on the amp should be off. The Front input sensitivity settings should be all the way counterclockwise. The Rear settings should be set to taste after the system is playing.

Since my Windows laptop died in the middle of the shop move, I don't have DSP file capability after hours. I have put this file on our shop calendar for the morning.

Regards,

Ken"
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 02:12 AM   #8
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep

What I consider an open letter.

"Hi Ken,

Not resolving an issue, not configuring the DSP, not providing me an invoice or a list of components, not providing me instructions, then sending me the wrong DSP to waste plenty of my time is one thing.

To not reply to the dozens of emails, PM’s, posts and fellow BMW owner requests I’ve put out over the past 3x months is something else.

I’ve been left with a system that to say ‘sounds shit’ would be an understatement so while I appreciate your empathy I’m a long way from happy.

No nothing is missing, you had just never confirmed for me what it is you actually sent me. So the helpful people on the forums haven’t been able to help me in your absence as I don’t even know what it is I have.

Thanks for the amp settings I’ll check that and I look forward to finally receiving my DSP file 4x months on, tomorrow."
Appreciate 0