E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > INPA Smooth running realtime info screens - how to?

07-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport

INPA Smooth running realtime info screens - how to?

Hi,
I'm sure I saw a post on here a while ago that listed exactly what buttons to press to get into the Smooth running realtime info screens in INPA but can't find it by searching now, didn't seem immediately obvious what buttons to press last time I had INPA open and don't want to go randomly pressing buttons in the hope I eventually come across it.

Can anyone give me a basic button press by button press guide of where it is? I expect it's probably under engine for starters?

I have a 2013 LCI E92 N57 330D and also a late 2007 pre LCI E92 M57 330D. Looking under engine section there there is a DDE 7.2 and a DDE 7.3 that both show "for N57 / N57" as description - I'd guess I have a 7.3 version for the age of the car? Is there anything that can go wrong by choosing the incorrect version? For the late 2007 car looks like would be DDE 6 I think.

I believe the screen I'm looking for will just give some realtime values for what it is doing rather than running an actual smooth running test procedure (which I seem to remember from previous reading would switch off any injector correctional values and likely make it run worse during test?). I'd like to have a look at the results but don't want to potentially log a load of injector codes for issues that don't really exist.

-> Lastly (and most important) does the car keep any sort of log of what tests have been run etc? I'm expecting not but will be visiting the dealer to solve a different error code tomorrow and don't want them thinking I've been messing around with things I shouldn't be touching/trying to blame on this and get away with simply a reset of the code rather than actual investigation/part replacement...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided1 View Post
Hi,
I'm sure I saw a post on here a while ago that listed exactly what buttons to press to get into the Smooth running realtime info screens in INPA but can't find it by searching now, didn't seem immediately obvious what buttons to press last time I had INPA open and don't want to go randomly pressing buttons in the hope I eventually come across it.

Can anyone give me a basic button press by button press guide of where it is? I expect it's probably under engine for starters?

I have a 2013 LCI E92 N57 330D and also a late 2007 pre LCI E92 M57 330D. Looking under engine section there there is a DDE 7.2 and a DDE 7.3 that both show "for N57 / N57" as description - I'd guess I have a 7.3 version for the age of the car? Is there anything that can go wrong by choosing the incorrect version? For the late 2007 car looks like would be DDE 6 I think.

I believe the screen I'm looking for will just give some realtime values for what it is doing rather than running an actual smooth running test procedure (which I seem to remember from previous reading would switch off any injector correctional values and likely make it run worse during test?). I'd like to have a look at the results but don't want to potentially log a load of injector codes for issues that don't really exist.

-> Lastly (and most important) does the car keep any sort of log of what tests have been run etc? I'm expecting not but will be visiting the dealer to solve a different error code tomorrow and don't want them thinking I've been messing around with things I shouldn't be touching/trying to blame on this and get away with simply a reset of the code rather than actual investigation/part replacement...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Use ISTA D (Rheingold) for the smooth running test. It's much easier.
Appreciate 0