E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Yellow fogs discussion

07-16-2018, 06:42 AM   #1
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d LCI

Lightbulb Yellow fogs discussion

So i'm thinking about tinting my fog lights yellow. Anyone here running yellow fogs care to post pictures? also, i've seen a lot of people put 2500k or 3000k HIDs in their e90 fog lights, but what i don't see anyone mentioning in any of those discussions is glare to oncoming traffic, do the e90 lights somehow not glare with hids? i had hids in my e39 fog lamps, halogen housing, and it glared and was pretty blinding to oncoming traffic.
The reason im thinking of tinting the fog lights instead of just getting a yellow bulb is that i recently put Philips Xtreme vision bulbs in highs, lows, and fogs, and they're much much brighter than regular halogen bulbs, so i'm thinking this bright bulb + the tint will give me a better light output than a yellow bulb, since those don't have the same light output as the Xtreme vision.

Experience with yellow lights in snow? I've read it's easier on the eyes and gives better contrast.

Have yellow fogs, or had them? Love them or hate them? Discuss!
Attached picture is my car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Here are some pictures of mine with the Nokya 2500k bulbs.

View post on imgur.com

I love them. In the PNW they are fantastic in the fog/rain/snow and they do a great job of lighting up the road in a way that makes it easier to see ice patches. I thought about doing the HID, but $20 bulbs and no custom coding was hard to pass for a bulb thats only slightly less bright.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
Here are some pictures of mine with the Nokya 2500k bulbs.

View post on imgur.com

I love them. In the PNW they are fantastic in the fog/rain/snow and they do a great job of lighting up the road in a way that makes it easier to see ice patches. I thought about doing the HID, but $20 bulbs and no custom coding was hard to pass for a bulb thats only slightly less bright.
No offense but why do they look like stock halogen bulbs but I agree with you no codings needed. You can also get yellow LED with resistors it is around $60 for a good pair of bulbs and resistors at bimland.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyesredpanda View Post
No offense but why do they look like stock halogen bulbs but I agree with you no codings needed. You can also get yellow LED with resistors it is around $60 for a good pair of bulbs and resistors at bimland.
I think it's just the pictures that make them look a bit faded. They're pretty bright yellow in person. Huge difference from the stock halogen bulbs.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
grovedale
Used Car Overlord
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i e93

I installed Lamin-X pre cut film with with the standard oem halogen bulbs, to see if I liked the look enough to go with yellow replacement bulbs. I don't notice a huge difference in light output, or improved contrast, it is no worse than stock. I am not sure I like the look of the yellow lenses at all, the product fits and works as advertised, but I am pretty sure I will be peeling off the Lamin-X soon and installing yellow bulbs if I go this route.

BMW Parkland22 by