E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Power seat question -> Bolster pwr works all of the time but movement pwr is random

03-13-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
dcf_atl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1990 325i

Power seat question -> Bolster pwr works all of the time but movement pwr is random

First off, I have read a lot on this, and I really don’t think it’s the “sleep” thing because the power for the bolster motor works all of the time even when the seat movement power is not working.

OK so this weekend I retrofitted a pair of e90 power sport seats into an “older” BMW sedan. I wired constant power to the Red wires (twisted together) for the motor and the bolsters on each of the seats. Same on the brown grounds. I used the cigarette lighter power + ground.

The passenger side works perfectly. In fact, it doesn’t go to sleep and always works.

The driver’s seat movement functions however randomly do not work. But the bolster power (again all twisted together) always works. I thought it might be the “sleep” thing that people reference, but even when I unplug the power and plug it back in, it doesn’t work.

Please let me know your ideas/thoughts before I go and buy another driver’s seat.

Thanks!!!!
Appreciate 0