E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > All-Tronix $80 ebay Angel Eyes?

02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

All-Tronix $80 ebay Angel Eyes?

Hi.
Thoughts on these (for E91 pre-Lci with the ridiculous non-H8 bulb) for $80+shipping?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-LED-MARKE...-/290863940878

Tried searching the forum, didn't see other posts on this one.
Not sure who makes them - All-Tronix is the ebay seller.
Not comfortable with putting up $200+ for angel eye upgrades, can't seem to code a PWM voltage increase in the pre-Lci and the $30 ebay ones... just not sure they're going to cut it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp View Post
Hi.
Thoughts on these (for E91 pre-Lci with the ridiculous non-H8 bulb) for $80+shipping?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-LED-MARKE...-/290863940878

Tried searching the forum, didn't see other posts on this one.
Not sure who makes them - All-Tronix is the ebay seller.
Not comfortable with putting up $200+ for angel eye upgrades, can't seem to code a PWM voltage increase in the pre-Lci and the $30 ebay ones... just not sure they're going to cut it.
i wouldnt do it.

many cree LED for pre-lci is not recommend as they get very hot and can burn your assembly (ebay brands). I would stick with regular LED.

i think mtech v4 has cree leds, but the intensity of the led isnt that much brighter due to how the angels are mad. In the day time, there isnt really any great option. at night is when LED's really shine.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

I dont think that power supply will fit inside your headlight compartment so you will not get a waterproof seal. We offer out LUX e90 V5.2 angel eyes as well and we ahve them in stock currently
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

i have $40 ebay angel eyes and they are great. a buddy of mine has a set even cheaper from ebay and they are even better than mine.

i was never able to justify spending that much for angel eyes. if u wanna take the risk, let us know how it goes
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Thanks for all the replies, guys!

The mixed-bag however (don't do it, definitely do it, do it but use mine...ha) tells me there is a lot of personal choice involved here. Hm. I have seen pics of Racing Dash ebay clones which seemed to look fantastic and then bona-fide name brand ones which look like crap, and vice versa. Seems like hit or miss like a coding cable - pay the price, get a cable that works perfectly the first time (or angel eyes that look great) or try to cheap-out and maybe get crap maybe get awesome... arg.

In this case I'm very curious about these all-tronix ones but I am swaying towards the Mtec V4 as the more expensive "safe bet." Having said that, I would ALREADY have the ebay Racing Dash clones in there to try out if the sender hadn't lost them in the mail and given me a refund... so I WAS willing to try the ebay clones, but maybe fate (dressed as a postal worker) did me a favour. Ha.
Appreciate 0