E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Android 10.25" NEW version released ?

03-09-2021, 04:39 PM   #23
CMOSUK
Rep
Drives: E90 EFFICIENT DYNAMICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCarbo View Post
anyone have a link to the latest and greatest version?
Me too please, also any update on the audio qaulity and bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:52 AM   #24
335dbc
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryantaz View Post
I just installed one in my non idrive 2008 e90. I purchased the 4G/64G from aliexpress seller kanor. I also bought an e70 unit from kanor and they were good to work with. I also got a discount for buying the second one.

The 4G/64G has the black frame instead of silver and also supposedly has a better more anti-glare screen.

Attachment 2218593

It isn't too bad of an install and it works well. I did have to run an aux cable to to the armrest aux input for audio. I actually spliced into it and added a female 3.5mm jack to the wiring so that I could still use the normal aux input for other things if I need to.

I also changed the wiring to pass the middle speaker through the unit instead of using the cheap external speaker. I copied how they did it for the same unit on my e70. For some reason the NAV audio seems to only come on when connected to AUX where on the e70 it will play over the top of the radio. I thought that connecting through the unit would enable that but it doesn't seem to for some reason. It may be a software setting or something. I will look into it a bit more and if I get it fully working I can add the details on how to wire it. It currently plays out of the center just fine with the change but it probably would have anyway so I don't see an advantage yet.

I am not currently using the center idrive style controller with it. I am not sure that it really adds any advantage given that most things I do require a touchscreen and the dial feels cheaper than the BMW ones and it also takes away the center junk tray that I often set my phone in. I recommend using the factory hands free bluetooth if you have it instead of the android because the factory one has a better microphone.

I also had to jam a piece of fuel line between the dash mount clip and the dash to keep it tight. Before that there was a small gap. The rubber line between the clips on each side (smaller sized line on the driver side) works great because the rubber has some flex and give to get it just as tight as it needs to be.

As a tip I spent a lot of extra time on the install because i cut the hole slightly smaller than the template which was a waste of time. I ended up slowly enlarging it until it basically just matched the template anyway and it took a lot longer.

I cut back the dash top layer with a utility knife and then used an oscillating saw to cut through the plastic which worked very well.

HF oscillating saw:

I then just touched up the edges with the utility knife.

I also installed an aliexpress $60 front/rear DVR at the same time which works well but I had to use fisheye cameras when mounting in the license plate lights or I just got a recording of the ground....

-Rich

Care to show more about the fuel line piece you added. Just installed mine and there’s a decent sized gap on the drivers side and the whole unit moves pretty easily. Doesn’t seem to secure. Cut the template pretty exact aswell. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 06:02 PM   #25
rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dbc View Post
Care to show more about the fuel line piece you added. Just installed mine and there’s a decent sized gap on the drivers side and the whole unit moves pretty easily. Doesn’t seem to secure. Cut the template pretty exact aswell. Thanks
The spring type clip that holds it tight to the dash wasn't strong/tight enough. So some rubber line between it and the dash tightened it up. This is on the front edge, I think the back slid in pretty tightly.

I did both sides. One side needed more help than the other so I actually cut the fuel line length wise and let it roll over its self. I could probably have also used a smaller rubber line but one was already in my hand...

-Rich

Last edited by rbryantaz; 03-11-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 10:37 PM   #26
like6mexicans
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E93

Can anyone speak to the audio quality? From what I've seen, it looks like all the audio just routes through the aux, and when I use the aux just with my phone, it doesn't sound great..is it the same with this system? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 08:01 AM   #27
Defcon105
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 saloon

problem with Spotify after firmware 2.6.7 update

Hi,
Has anyone experienced any problems with Spotify after a firmware update? When I go into Spotify sometimes it says there's no internet connection, also I don't see any of the icon photos and when I play a song it will only play for 5 sec and then stops.

The Spotify is running the latest version. I am wondering if I nerd to roll back the version?
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app... And still have the same issue.

I have put a 4g sim card in the HU and turned off and on the data toggle...without any help.
I've also went on youtube on the HU and that works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:06 PM   #28
Bizzlesmit
B $mit
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryantaz View Post
I just installed one in my non idrive 2008 e90. I purchased the 4G/64G from aliexpress seller kanor. I also bought an e70 unit from kanor and they were good to work with. I also got a discount for buying the second one.

The 4G/64G has the black frame instead of silver and also supposedly has a better more anti-glare screen.

Attachment 2218593

It isn't too bad of an install and it works well. I did have to run an aux cable to to the armrest aux input for audio. I actually spliced into it and added a female 3.5mm jack to the wiring so that I could still use the normal aux input for other things if I need to.

I also changed the wiring to pass the middle speaker through the unit instead of using the cheap external speaker. I copied how they did it for the same unit on my e70. For some reason the NAV audio seems to only come on when connected to AUX where on the e70 it will play over the top of the radio. I thought that connecting through the unit would enable that but it doesn't seem to for some reason. It may be a software setting or something. I will look into it a bit more and if I get it fully working I can add the details on how to wire it. It currently plays out of the center just fine with the change but it probably would have anyway so I don't see an advantage yet.

I am not currently using the center idrive style controller with it. I am not sure that it really adds any advantage given that most things I do require a touchscreen and the dial feels cheaper than the BMW ones and it also takes away the center junk tray that I often set my phone in. I recommend using the factory hands free bluetooth if you have it instead of the android because the factory one has a better microphone.

I also had to jam a piece of fuel line between the dash mount clip and the dash to keep it tight. Before that there was a small gap. The rubber line between the clips on each side (smaller sized line on the driver side) works great because the rubber has some flex and give to get it just as tight as it needs to be.

As a tip I spent a lot of extra time on the install because i cut the hole slightly smaller than the template which was a waste of time. I ended up slowly enlarging it until it basically just matched the template anyway and it took a lot longer.

I cut back the dash top layer with a utility knife and then used an oscillating saw to cut through the plastic which worked very well.

HF oscillating saw:

I then just touched up the edges with the utility knife.

I also installed an aliexpress $60 front/rear DVR at the same time which works well but I had to use fisheye cameras when mounting in the license plate lights or I just got a recording of the ground....

-Rich
Any update on this unit you can share?
      05-14-2021, 12:38 AM   #29
rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzlesmit View Post
Any update on this unit you can share?
I haven't had any significant issues with the e90 or e70 units. They work very well for me.

The e70 screen went wonky just once but I restarted the the car and it was and has been fine ever since.

-Rich
      06-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #30
GtiGyver
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Grey E90 328i MT

Anyone know if this unit has an input for the OEM CIC LVDS output?

I wonder if this could be a solution for doing a CIC upgrade without swapping to the double hump dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #31
GtiGyver
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Grey E90 328i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiGyver View Post
Anyone know if this unit has an input for the OEM CIC LVDS output?

I wonder if this could be a solution for doing a CIC upgrade without swapping to the double hump dashboard.
Seems I can answer my own question. Having ordered the unit already and NO, the units do NOT all come with the LVDS input. I guess you need to order a specific version for that function to work.

I also found that using the multitool cutter with a Shop-Vac at the same time minimized BY FAR the amount of dust and debris that the installation caused.
In fact, the cleanup was minimal. No dust to speak of, and almost nothing to wipe clean after.

As for the system, it works well. Its very fast, the interface is ok, and looks nearly OEM. Not like a cheap upgrade.
My biggest complain honestly is the massive amount of glare in the screen.
Note: I ordered the AVIN 10.25" unit with the Snapdragon 625 cpu, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 08:13 AM   #32
shingyungchu
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320i

please don't buy this !!,you'll be sorry cutting a hole in the dash
Appreciate 0