E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Selling MY09 335i - What about the tune?

02-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #1
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Selling MY09 335i - What about the tune?

I posted this in the Classifieds but have had no response.

Hi Guys I am finally selling my car and just wanted to ask for some suggestions?

I have a Black Sapphire 335i MY09 (Build is Oct 2008) with 19"wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports tyres, black grille and procede tune. I have done less than 94,000k.

Before selling the car, should I take out the tune?

What sort of price should I ask for? On carsales .com.au seems the pricing is all over the place.

What other tips for selling - eg where is best place to see, online?

Cheers and thank you for any help.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
I posted this in the Classifieds but have had no response.

Hi Guys I am finally selling my car and just wanted to ask for some suggestions?

I have a Black Sapphire 335i MY09 (Build is Oct 2008) with 19"wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports tyres, black grille and procede tune. I have done less than 94,000k.

Before selling the car, should I take out the tune?

What sort of price should I ask for? On carsales .com.au seems the pricing is all over the place.

What other tips for selling - eg where is best place to see, online?

Cheers and thank you for any help.
Look up Redbook for a price. You don't mention whether it is a E90 or E92 but for your kms, somewhere in the $20k - $22K appears to be the price.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Look up Redbook for a price. You don't mention whether it is a E90 or E92 but for your kms, somewhere in the $20k - $22K appears to be the price.
Thanks - it is an e90

I was more concerned about the tune? Should I leave it in? Should I mention it in the ad?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:06 PM   #4
Hoper
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
Thanks - it is an e90

I was more concerned about the tune? Should I leave it in? Should I mention it in the ad?
Difficult question to answer

it's kind of like selling a house, do you think you'll get the buyer who loves the house and therefore will pay a little over market?

with the car it's about picking whether you think your biggest market is conservative people who want transport and see the 335i as the one with all the fruit for comfort

or do you think your market is the 20 somethings who are looking for something with above average performance

the stock 335i is now more average for performance, time and technology do that, but with your procede tune it's possibly quicker than most other cars they'd drive for the same $

I'm not sure where the most buyers would be right now, anecdotally I see lots of young men in 335s now, they seem to be the new R33 skyline, where as your conservative market tend to think these are too old and will be too expensive to maintain, which is probably true if you're not going to do some DIY

personally you could set it back to stock, advertise it without tune and see who turns up, if you get some young guys who seem to be looking for fast, you could mention that you could re-apply the tune, otherwise you could just not talk about it

just opinions though sorry, no real facts there
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #5
Coupes33
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 335i, 2017 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post

it's kind of like selling a house, do you think you'll get the buyer who loves the house and therefore will pay a little over market?

with the car it's about picking whether you think your biggest market is conservative people who want transport and see the 335i as the one with all the fruit for comfort

or do you think your market is the 20 somethings who are looking for something with above average performance

the stock 335i is now more average for performance, time and technology do that, but with your procede tune it's possibly quicker than most other cars they'd drive for the same $

I'm not sure where the most buyers would be right now, anecdotally I see lots of young men in 335s now, they seem to be the new R33 skyline, where as your conservative market tend to think these are too old and will be too expensive to maintain, which is probably true if you're not going to do some DIY

personally you could set it back to stock, advertise it without tune and see who turns up, if you get some young guys who seem to be looking for fast, you could mention that you could re-apply the tune, otherwise you could just not talk about it

Agree with Hoper's comments
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 10:10 PM   #6
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoper View Post

Good idea on the tune. Thanks for your thoughts.
Appreciate 0