E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > How-To: Procede v4 PnP harness update (optional)

04-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #133
Jeller
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
How can I reverse this update? My rev 3 harness does not have additional/loose male and female connectors which can be reconnected as soon as I remove the patch wires from the subconnector.

Can anyone answer this question? I too have a rev 3 harness and need to pass state inspection and need to reverse the harness back so that the 02 sim feature will work. Only issue is where are the extra wires? the yellow ones that are removed in the DIY and taped aside are not there on the rev3 harness? what do I need to do?

Thanks

Jeller
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #134
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeller View Post
Can anyone answer this question? I too have a rev 3 harness and need to pass state inspection and need to reverse the harness back so that the 02 sim feature will work. Only issue is where are the extra wires? the yellow ones that are removed in the DIY and taped aside are not there on the rev3 harness? what do I need to do?

Thanks

Jeller
It depends. Do you have catalytic converters? Does your state inspection do a sniffer test or only check for codes/readiness through the OBD2 port?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #135
Jeller
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
It depends. Do you have catalytic converters? Does your state inspection do a sniffer test or only check for codes/readiness through the OBD2 port?
No cats, no sniffer test, just codes through obd2.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #136
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Yes, I need answer to that question too......

So after the harness reversal, what do I need to do with the Procede via laptop?

It's been about 4 years since I last had to deal with DEQ. No sniffer, just OBDII.

I'm all catless, currently using CANclear.

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #137
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Yes, I need answer to that question too......

So after the harness reversal, what do I need to do with the Procede via laptop?

It's been about 4 years since I last had to deal with DEQ. No sniffer, just OBDII.

I'm all catless, currently using CANclear.

TIA

With the O2 modifier enabled, you should be able to set the value in user adjustable to 50% and turn can clear OFF. That should allow you to achieve ready state.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #138
FROtuning
Banned
Rep
Drives: e90 6at

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
With the O2 modifier enabled, you should be able to set the value in user adjustable to 50% and turn can clear OFF. That should allow you to achieve ready state.
yup. you just need to make sure you have the older style harness, or simply reverse the process in the first post of this thread.

alternatively, if you're using the openflash tablet or "other" flashing utility, you can simply disable the codes from showing up. in most states, this will allow you to pass inspection.
Appreciate 0