E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > EGR Cooler Bypass/Delete

01-11-2019, 06:23 AM   #23
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagster936 View Post
Yes. Where is it? I’m in USA lol.
See my previous post for the diagram showing its location. It's hard to see with the air ducts and EGR cooler installed. Part #4 is the thermostat and part #1 is the water pump.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 06:36 AM   #24
jagster936
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335D

But if I’m removing cooler permanently anyway then can do anytime if it fails.

Thank you for diagram. This forum is great. I was worried about missing the wealth of knowledge in TDICLUB but so far this seems great lots of DIY. Many bmw owners don’t work on their cars. Unlike the tdi guys
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 06:48 AM   #25
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
But if I’m removing cooler permanently anyway then can do anytime if it fails.

Thank you for diagram. This forum is great. I was worried about missing the wealth of knowledge in TDICLUB but so far this seems great lots of DIY. Many bmw owners don’t work on their cars. Unlike the tdi guys
Indeed, you can always replace the thermostat at a later time. I think most people suggest doing it at the same time since you're already in there and have most of the parts taken off. It's also a good preventative maintenance item that can save you some time and possible headache in the future.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere on this forum that a bad thermostat can cause issues other than the car running too cold/hot, possibly performance related issues. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

If you have a facebook account, take a look at the diesel owners facebook group. It seems many people that used to contribute here more regularly are very active on there. I tend to reference both myself, but much prefer using forums like these.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #26
jagster936
Private
Rep

Diesel owners? Will have to check out. Sounds vague?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #27
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Search for North American Diesel Owners Group and it should turn it up. Not really a secret I don't think as there have been other members here that suggested joining the group for more diesel insight/help.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #28
335stoner
BRR tuned
Rep
Drives: 335D black

Quote:
Where in Texas are you?!!?
      01-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #29
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

The ability to find info from conversations here happening several years ago is way better. What you're saying is true though. Many here that have contributed in the past have migrated over there. Problem over there is it is difficult to research and find where old questions have been asked. Often you see where people come find the thread on e90post/diesel and paste the link in over there. Also, several notables from here got banned and then went over there. There are a couple notable exceptions that didn't go over.

I read both forums but more often at the FB group. I tolerate the repeated noob questions. That said, new people coming there means lots and lots of growth. It also means lazy folks not trying to find information on their own. I was a noob once but had somebody show me the fishing pole.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #30
jagster936
Private
Rep

Haha I try to research things first. Have only asked about unclear things. Wealth of knowledge here.

I’m between Austin and Houston area
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #31
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
The ability to find info from conversations here happening several years ago is way better. What you're saying is true though. Many here that have contributed in the past have migrated over there. Problem over there is it is difficult to research and find where old questions have been asked. Often you see where people come find the thread on e90post/diesel and paste the link in over there. Also, several notables from here got banned and then went over there. There are a couple notable exceptions that didn't go over.

I read both forums but more often at the FB group. I tolerate the repeated noob questions. That said, new people coming there means lots and lots of growth. It also means lazy folks not trying to find information on their own. I was a noob once but had somebody show me the fishing pole.
I agree on the short comings of Facebook as a forum substitute, especially searching for previously asked questions. It's better than nothing but leaves so much to be desired. I wonder if those that have migrated over to Facebook would move over to a new, E90 diesel only forum should someone decide to lead that initiative.....
Appreciate 0