E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 e91 key fob problem

02-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
fairmountvewe
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xI Touring

2006 e91 key fob problem

Hi. As a preamble, this is my first post on this forum, so please be gentle. My wife recently purchased a 2006 e91 325xIT, Today she went into town and somewhere along her route, her key fob stopped working. She got home, and I tried the spare fob with no luck. Either metal key works to both lock and unlock the door (door regulators okay?), the car starts and runs fine with either fob inserted into the dash (internal fob battery okay?), but neither fob will lock, unlock or unlatch the tailgate (almost as if the car is not receiving the wireless instruction). She did go through a carwash at some point today, but she can't remember if it was before or after the problem appeared. This is our first BMW car, and I must admit I am not at all knowledgable about the foibles and secret workings of this BMW. I have searched the forum, and I only came up with 12 pages of "key + fob+not+working" related responses, but I am hoping to solve this while I am still young. Any help or further questions to help diagnose this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Peter
Appreciate 0