E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > n47 318d EGR delete???

01-07-2020, 04:07 AM   #1
Mattsteele318d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318d

n47 318d EGR delete???

Hi guys having issues with my egr on my 2009 318d n47, got few codes relating to it now so thinking of blanking it off, my question is will it cause it to go into limp mode before get it remapped out or will it just throw engine light and drive normal

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Probably light up the check engine light but engine should run as normal.

You dont need to blank it, just have the function switched off during the remap. The EGR will then just stay closed. That's what i did.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 01:07 AM   #3
Mattsteele318d
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
Probably light up the check engine light but engine should run as normal.

You dont need to blank it, just have the function switched off during the remap. The EGR will then just stay closed. That's what i did.
Yeah I was tempted to do that pal I just struggling for the cash at moment to have it done I wasn't sure weather to get it done on remap or get dpf and egr and same time and go stage 2 but heard its only like 10bhp different for all that cost. Who remapped yours... Mines stage 1 at moment from about a year and half ago
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 02:12 AM   #4
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

You dont need to remove the DPF to get a good power gain, leave it in place.
I have a map by Superchips that i put on using their Blufin unit. Just a stage one but it does the job for me. They tweaked the map to switch off the EGR function for me. Most decent tuning places could just tweak your existing map to turn off the EGR, shouldn't cost too much.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
Mattsteele318d
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
You dont need to remove the DPF to get a good power gain, leave it in place.
I have a map by Superchips that i put on using their Blufin unit. Just a stage one but it does the job for me. They tweaked the map to switch off the EGR function for me. Most decent tuning places could just tweak your existing map to turn off the EGR, shouldn't cost too much.
Yeah to be honest im more than happy with the power from mine i would of liked a bit more but really dont fancy the headache of awkward mot with dpf out and the extra cost i may just ask previous tuner for price on egr delete software to be added to current map
Appreciate 0