E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Spare tire ... or lack of !!!!

03-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #23
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Villa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
With TPMS the risk of a blow out is quite low, since you get almost immediate notification that a tire is losing air, which gives you time to get it fixed before it overheats and blows out. If you do get a blow out from a road hazard, it usually means a bent/broken rim and hurt suspension components, which come with a tow truck anyway.
Not true at all. I hit a pot hole and blew a hole in side wall my rim was totally undamaged. Had to tow the car even with run flats so now I have a real spare and ditched the crappy runflats.
I said the risk is quite low, not impossible...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 03-18-2015 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 05:32 AM   #24
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
With TPMS the risk of a blow out is quite low, since you get almost immediate notification that a tire is losing air, which gives you time to get it fixed before it overheats and blows out. If you do get a blow out from a road hazard, it usually means a bent/broken rim and hurt suspension components, which come with a tow truck anyway.
Sometimes you push it dude......................... Swear to God...
Was on Virginia Route 66 once, circa summer 2004. Came up on an older MB S-Class. Left rear was flat. Pulled up next to the Benz, tried to notify the driver he was riding on a flat tire, no dice. A brick truck was running right behind him. I saw the potential for death, so I got the f**k out from the situation and sped off a head. Sure enough 20 seconds later the Benz is spinning out across the road. Luckily the brick truck driver knew how to drive and avoided some serious ugliness. TPMS is a good thing because most people are clueless.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam
I picked up:

1. Tiny air compressor (Autozone, $9)
2. Tire patch kit (Autozone, $10, comes in a storage case that fits snugly above the tool compartment)
3. Scissor jack (Harbor Freight, $20, fits perfectly in the jack pads)
4. Breaker bar, 17mm socket, cheapo torque wrench (~$35 in total)
5. Wheel chock ($5)
5. All fits nicely in a nylon bag that I have velcro'd to the left side of my trunk
I've same things in my trunk.
Plus a spare donut tire only during long road trips.
Appreciate 0