E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > [Video] N52 hesitation from idle at 1k rpm WOT

04-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
mrs
Registered
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i

[Video] N52 hesitation from idle at 1k rpm WOT

Hello,

I'm having this problem for some time now with my E90 330i 2006 AT. My BMW has done 180k km.

From cold, the car starts just fine and there are no problems at all. When the engine is fully warmed up, most often (not always) if you stomp your feet on, rpms go to about 1000, then it really hesitates and later rpms go all the way up. It doesn't matter if I WOT it in N or under load (much worse). When this happens, idle is a bit rough and rpms are bouncing 650 +-20 rpm.

No faults stored at all. Previous owner had codes for Vanos 2A82 and 2A98 (at 140k km).

Things done so far regarding those Vanos codes that really rarely show up:
· cleaned and swapped Vanos solenoids for other used ones
· cleaned Vanos check valves (were clean in general)
· also new spark plugs (30k kms ago) and all new ignition coils (2 months ago).

Clearing the adaptations did the trick before and the problem was gone for like half a year. Two weeks ago it started stumbling again and this time clearing adaptations didn't help. I will try to clear them once again in weekend and do some testing using Testo and logging Vanos values in real time.

Otherwise the car runs fine, pulls hard and has no other issues. Oil I use is Mobil1 5w40.
DME had its last update in 2008.

BTW, previously owned a E39 535i with M62TU, also had the same issue at the same rpms (for some reason I hadn't cleared adaptations - don't know if it would had fixed that).

VIDEO:

Thanks for any input in advance
Appreciate 0