Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > OEM wheels re-finished to BBS CH Plasma ?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
loihisteve
E90 325i
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

OEM wheels re-finished to BBS CH Plasma ?

Has anyone investigated having their stock wheels re-finished to the BBS CH Plasma finish ?

I've done a fair amount of on-line investigation, but haven't yet discovered any solid leads.

Thanks in Advance.
      09-17-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
loihisteve
E90 325i
Rep

Tried to attach a PIC with my original post, but for some unknown reason, that didn't work ...

hopefully this link works:
http://www.tirerack.com/servlet/Call...&wheelModel=CH

Also, if someone with PhotoShop could modify an existing image of a Titanium Silver 325i w/ Sport, to illustrate what this Plasma finish looks like on the stock wheels that would be MUCH appreciated.
      09-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
loihisteve
E90 325i
Rep

Just wanted to post a tip for viewing the link in my earlier post for those of you who end up at a "Session Expired" web page (i.e., www.tirerack.com/sessionexpired.html) ... you'll need to click on the HOME icon (upper left corner of the tirerack Session Expired web page), and then re-click the link in my earlier post ... clicking on the tirerack HOME icon will basically establish a new session for you.

Click on the 1000x1000 Superview to get the best image for viewing just how cool the "Plasma" finish looks.
      09-18-2005, 10:15 AM   #4
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
the "plasma" finish is a rare finish. Not all wheel shops can replicate it, but if there is one that can, then of course they could paint any wheel you give them that color. But trust me its difficult to find a shop to do it, I had a set of BBS wheels that I wanted refinished and no shops I called around my area could replicate the color.

One shop which I didnt try and seem to be one of the best wheel repair shops is RimPro (http://www.rimpro.com/) and Wheel Collision Center (http://www.wheelcollision.com/).. both are expensive