E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Front Splitters

05-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
Soootylad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M Sport

Garage List
Question Front Splitters

Guys...

Front bumper splitters from SSDD... yes or no?

I'm considering getting them in plastic (as opposed to CF laminated plastic) and getting them sprayed Sapphire Black to make them more discreet (I don't like CF, not CF effect anyway)

They seem a slightly better shape than the OEM CF ones for nowhere near the money.

What do you think to them? I used to have the Aero Lip Kit on my E92 SE and it looked the muts nuts so I think these might spice up the front a bit without looking "modded".
      05-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
jak_ir
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 330i

They look very nice. How much are they in plastic? Thinking of doing the same to my BSM
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Very recently purchased the exact same thing from SSSD and it's a very good price for the splitter which as far as I can tell is identical to the OEM aero splitter. Worked out to about £180 something quid I think with delivery.

Only problem is they don't keep many in stock and order them in from Germany so if they haven't got any in at the moment, you will have to wait 2-3 weeks like I did.

Just waiting for the 3M tape to arrive from ebay now and then I will be booking it in to have it sprayed and fitted. I'll post pics ups when I am done.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Very recently purchased the exact same thing from SSSD and it's a very good price for the splitter which as far as I can tell is identical to the OEM aero splitter. Worked out to about £180 something quid I think with delivery.

Only problem is they don't keep many in stock and order them in from Germany so if they haven't got any in at the moment, you will have to wait 2-3 weeks like I did.

Just waiting for the 3M tape to arrive from ebay now and then I will be booking it in to have it sprayed and fitted. I'll post pics ups when I am done.
Don't pay someone to fit them! Unless its being done free with the painting.

They are a very simply job to fit and if the quality is decent (looks to be) they will line up perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Soootylad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
as far as I can tell is identical to the OEM aero splitter
Don't think the splitter is actually CF though, only laminated and lacquered no?
      05-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Here you are some good ones I will buy soon :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-fro...item3a710b0972

These are CF ones but I think these are lacquered so no problem to paint them in Sapphire Black - I am painting mine also same colour I have no CF anywhere so that would look stupid lol

Regards,

Mat.
      05-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrez View Post
Here you are some good ones I will buy soon :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-fro...item3a710b0972

These are CF ones but I think these are lacquered so no problem to paint them in Sapphire Black - I am painting mine also same colour I have no CF anywhere so that would look stupid lol

Regards,

Mat.
Do you have an M-Sport front?

Another question, the SSDD ones, where are they actually made? I've had numerous bits from SSDD and they were always the same as ones I got off ebay (Had 3 different e46's and so between them had numerous grills & clubsport splitters from different places).

Just wondering if those ebay splitters are going to be any worse...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
Soootylad
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Right... SSDD ones are solid CF so thats good. Just bought a set

However, they don't come with any tape or anything, so what would be the "proper" way to affix these? is 3M tape really the way to go and if so, what do I have to buy?
      05-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post

Another question, the SSDD ones, where are they actually made? I've had numerous bits from SSDD and they were always the same as ones I got off ebay (Had 3 different e46's and so between them had numerous grills & clubsport splitters from different places).

SSSD have two types, one which is solid CF as confirmed by the OP and the other which is PUV plastic, same material as the bumper. Be careful of buying stuff off ebay as they are usually of lesser quality, some are even fibreglass. Do NOT attach fibreglass splitters to your car unless you own a Nova!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post

I do not have M-Sport front but will have soon, just looking for good condition one in Titanium Silver so no need for repainting etc..

The SSDD ones are good http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/show_...hp?prod_id=601

The ones from eBay are also good as the lad has sold quite a few of these and everyone was happy, but before buying I will contact some of the buyers how are these in a long term running to make 100% sure I am buying a good quality splitters which fit perfectly. Once sprayed there should not be any problem. If they fit perfectly I am in... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-fro...item3a710b0972

We could also contact the seller and organise some group buy if he agrees on discount

Mat.

PS. If you know anything about front M-Sport bumper with all the bits needed please let me know !
      05-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Here are some very popular ones, maybe SSDD buys from here - you never know :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E90-E9...item3f01718fd1

PS. I bought recently brand new Lip Spoiler from Taiwan for around 50 pounds and its as good as OEM !!!
There is a topic here somewhere, most of the forum has one lol
      05-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
mc_blue
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S & BMW 330d xD

They do look nice, I would say go for them personally.
Appreciate 0