E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel Eyes as DRL ?

03-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSE90 View Post
Ok Everyone, I too have an E90 that is not equipped with iDrive. I have turned off the DTRL and when I manually switch on the lights they AE's do not go on. I do have Xenon but when the lights are on, the AE's are not

What am I missing here?
If your headlights are on, your angel eyes should be on. The Dæos Harness will enable the rings to run all the time, with or without the headlights on.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
klove83
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red E90, Red E36 M3

Garage List
Humm
      01-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #25
allotherareused
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d, f30

this is connected to key or ignition ?

Hi guys,

I just can't enable DRL by coding, looks like my car won't support that (has planed to enable high beam as this is supposed to be) and have decided to enable angle eyes instead. As I am in Chile I will made my own harness module (one transistor, one diode, one resistor, peace of cake) but wondering where to connect that.

As per this wiring manual should be connected near ECU to red/white wire but they said this is activated on key, I would like to connect to ignition.

Anyone know which is ignition wire ?

I am talking about following manual :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x0tpnGvWDFQ
http://www.namotorsports.net/docs/VIE90DRLHarness.pdf

BTW. As I understand this harness is switching that off on low beams, I guess this may cause error when switch is in first right position, this is another reason why I am planing to made my own module.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #26
Infidel
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi MT s/p/c

pre-lci xenon 06 330 e90

Not trying to deflect of highjack the post above me but if someone could also potentially help me as well it would be appreciated. My question is in the same vein as the OP.

I have a 12/5 build, 2006 330xi pre-lci with Adaptive Xenons. My goal is to run AE's as DRL without the corners on, i can turn drl off with the stalk but then AE only work with parking lights on.

From my research it seems I will need to either use a harness, or do coding (which I am prepared to invest in the equipment and attempt if it will provide what I want).

Does anyone know if my car can be coded for this and more specifically, if it can be coded in such a way so that I do not need to manually switch the lights to parking lights to gain just AE's. If not, can the parking light selection be coded without corner lights?
Ideally I want the light switched to auto mode position, no corners, just AE's, until dusk where they will automatically switch to my Xenons.

Any insight or direction in my quest would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #27
allotherareused
Private
Rep

I have march 2005 320d and wasn't able even to use high beam for DRL. As I've replaced standard bulbs for AE with led just did today modification and this is working nice. As I understand you can't code AE ad DRL, this is possible on car after <some month> 2007. There are two links in my previous post but I don't like this way, I've made my own module but you need to cut two AE wires.

If you beleive you can made module I can explain in details what to do.

BTW. Because of this modification I've checked, led bulbs for AE I've bough on ebay for less than 30 US$ getting like 4xx mA when engine is off (12 V) and like 3xx mA when engine is on (14 V). That seems there are some active components in bulb.

Regards,
Dejan
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #28
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
Not trying to deflect of highjack the post above me but if someone could also potentially help me as well it would be appreciated. My question is in the same vein as the OP.

I have a 12/5 build, 2006 330xi pre-lci with Adaptive Xenons. My goal is to run AE's as DRL without the corners on, i can turn drl off with the stalk but then AE only work with parking lights on.

From my research it seems I will need to either use a harness, or do coding (which I am prepared to invest in the equipment and attempt if it will provide what I want).

Does anyone know if my car can be coded for this and more specifically, if it can be coded in such a way so that I do not need to manually switch the lights to parking lights to gain just AE's. If not, can the parking light selection be coded without corner lights?
Ideally I want the light switched to auto mode position, no corners, just AE's, until dusk where they will automatically switch to my Xenons.

Any insight or direction in my quest would be greatly appreciated thanks.
You will not be able to run them as daytime running lights. You need the 50$ harness for it or use your parking lights. As for coding, you can turn off the amber sidemarkers. If you're located in south Florida I can do this
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
Infidel
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi MT s/p/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
You will not be able to run them as daytime running lights. You need the 50$ harness for it or use your parking lights. As for coding, you can turn off the amber sidemarkers. If you're located in south Florida I can do this
Thank you so much for your response, It sounds like coding and using the parking lights is the easiest option. The harness sounds ideal however; you wouldn't happen to have a suggestion for a harness would you? I have seen some of them but is there one that doesn't throw errors that you know of?

Thanks for the offer about coding, I'm in NH however so we would need a pretty long cable. I am thinking about setting up a laptop and getting the cable to try it myself, seems pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #30
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Thank you so much for your response, It sounds like coding and using the parking lights is the easiest option. The harness sounds ideal however; you wouldn't happen to have a suggestion for a harness would you? I have seen some of them but is there one that doesn't throw errors that you know of?

Thanks for the offer about coding, I'm in NH however so we would need a pretty long cable. I am thinking about setting up a laptop and getting the cable to try it myself, seems pretty cool.
Haha indeed. You could go with the daeos harness. I recommend coding though. In the long run the benefits outweigh the 100$ price tag
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:11 AM   #31
KeepitClassy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW LCI e90

How about for my 09 328i with base halogen headlights/coronas? Can I enable the Angel Eyes to just be on as my Daytime lights with out the high beam? I just want my Angel Eyes on. I'm located in Orlando, and I'm willing to pay for coding if necessary. Also, I need someone who can install LUX E90 LCI Halogen angel eyes, of-course i'm willing to pay.Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #32
allotherareused
Private
Rep

There is no error if you do it properly. The point is to get this working when default wire is not powering and to get power from default wire when light is on by car.

There is harness someone is selling and link in this post. Despite 50 US$ price I don't like that because low beam is used to detect is light on or off, depending of coding this may raise error in the car (I don't think this is common to have xenon off with HB but I just don't like this). That for I've made my own module (you need to made two of them or twice in one module as I did). Mats price for pair : less than 10 US$.

The idea is to get power from ignition when light is off and to cut this power and use regular power from light module when light is on, that way you will not get any error and car will be able to keep detecting everything as before harness is installed.

If you made two modules each one will have 4 wires :
+ from ignition
ground
+ from light module
wire to AE

If you made one module this will have 6 wires

Anyway, keep in mind that AE in pre LCI headlight is smaller than new ones, so, AE light is not exactly visible as on new cars. This probably can be fixed by opening headlight and scratch AE tube but looks too complicated to me, bake HL already sound scary I've changed standard bulb with 6W led and this is better than regular bulb but still not like new cars (10 W is bigger and won't fit, you can't close it).

Here is picture without and with flash, let's say this one with flash is what you can see on sunny day like 100 m distance.

Regards,
Dejan
Attached Images

Last edited by allotherareused; 01-15-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #33
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBMW View Post
Do you do coding for a 07 X3? I would like to turn off the drl's and some how turn the AE's or Corona lights as drl's.
PM me lets talk
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Rich. X3 especially 07 has very little options to code. In fact it uses coding similar to a E46 codes. Crazy as it maybe but it's true!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #35
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic
Rich. X3 especially 07 has very little options to code. In fact it uses coding similar to a E46 codes. Crazy as it maybe but it's true!
Didn't even notice the post saying he had an x3. And what the heck is with the e46! My uncle wanted me to code his m3 and I was amazed at the lack of options for the e46s
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #36
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

Currently running Dæos Harness and loving it!
Appreciate 0