E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > I cloned my MSV70 DME

07-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #2311
Czarek4567
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 320si

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
It can be done I think but there are dozens of maps and parameters that would need to be worked around. I don't really have time to dig them all up for you, sorry..
ok, I understand, maybe you can give a hint with each xdf file? is someone selling it?
I searched the web but to no avail, I only found the older version
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #2312
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

I made it, it's not currently for sale. as far as I know, no other one exists.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #2313
Czarek4567
Poland
Rep

what do you think about these vanos maps? maybe KF_KSELL is from disabled vanos
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #2314
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

LL = leerlauf, or idle in German. KH is Kat Heating.

you want the "sicher" maps (safety).

the "E" maps are inlet (einlauss) and "A" maps are outlet (auslauss).
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #2315
Czarek4567
Poland
Rep

I think to use the KESKH map for the KESLL map, maybe then vanos would work
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 01:29 AM   #2316
KClemente
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

hassmaschine I tried flashing my friends 330i MSV70 with the RSA delete and stock file and his car won't start afterwards. The only way to get the motor to start is to flash via comfort mode in winkfp twice. WinKFP ZB# is 7623405 which matches the Bimmerlabs ZB#.

Any ideas?
      08-04-2020, 04:12 PM   #2317
bateray
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the N52 maps. Can someone remmaped the engine to work permanently at 90C temperature. Please dont start the thread why i want to do this, i only wanna know if someone can do this. Thank you in advanced
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #2318
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

I can do it, but I don't want to. :|

Maybe Bob at StageFP will do it for you?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:43 AM   #2319
fastboatster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

Wow, such great thread and I did not noticed it before. I'm not aware of many places where people would go about tuning their fairly modern ecus while willing to talk about it at such high level of detail let alone share their software for free. Really fascinating, I read ALL the pages and enjoyed it.
That said, I think I might have a few questions to ask you. These are not really BMW ecu related, more like tricore specific stuff. First off, it wasn't clear to me how you identified dme flash regions with RSA signed sha as well as the checksum protected areas. It sounded like it was something really obvious, almost jumping in your face. For the checksums, it seems like these are spelled out in the opa and oda files, but I'm not quite sure how to spot them in the actual bin file. As for the RSA, I don't even have any guesses how to start looking for the shas encrypted with private key in the firmware let alone how to link them to their regions. I might be asking for too much, I know.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #2320
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Hey Hass,
I just spent last night and most of today reading every post in this thread as it fascinated me. I have been running the BL 330i flash/3SI for months now with zero issues.

I read this thread with the intent of learning to tune my own car, but it's definitely over my head.

I would like to have you tune my car, I have a couple uncommon modifications on my 06 325xi (Converted to RWD fully- RWD subframe,susp,rack, etc. aside from the xi auto trans) I would also like to run a MAF-less tune w/ euro IAT, however I don't see a NoMaf file on my BL project. (You partly addressed this in a post mentioning US-based N52 in early years.)

I have E85 next to my house, would like to see what we can get out of the engine with the increased timing E85 allows.

I have the following modifications-
N54 throttle body, S65 injectors, 3SI, XHP ST3, Custom headers only replacing the cats with pipe, stock O2 sensor location (Read some have issues with MAFless on after-market headers), dinan ram intake, K&N drop-in, charcoal delete, smoothed airbox insides, full 2.5" custom exhaust with no cats, only vibrant resonator, CCV delete (catch can),rev silicone boot.

I plan on ordering MILVs if you do have the time to tune.

I have access to a dyno and can do before and afters and post them up if it helps you. Thank you for all of your work here on the N52. I also have the full BMW tools suite, INPA, WinkFP, etc. and am competent enough in them.

I should mention I am not expecting anything for free, and would like to pay for the tune. You've done enough!

Thank you,
303bmw
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #2321
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Via PM somone asked me for the fuel cut off map location, gurgle tune.

Rather than just give them to one person, I'll post what I believe is the Fuel cut off maps for the MSV70.

I no longer have access to this DME for testing but It seems right to me.

Values shown are a stock E85 / Z4 3.0SI tune.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #2322
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post

Rather than just give them to one person, I'll post what I believe is the Fuel cut off maps for the MSV70.

Thank you! Now how do you access those maps (obd, direct dme connect,etc.), and what program are you using to see them? (Winols, tunerpro,etc.) Appreciate your time ☺️
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #2323
rjahl
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303bmw View Post
Hey Hass,
I just spent last night and most of today reading every post in this thread as it fascinated me. I have been running the BL 330i flash/3SI for months now with zero issues.

I read this thread with the intent of learning to tune my own car, but it's definitely over my head.

I would like to have you tune my car, I have a couple uncommon modifications on my 06 325xi (Converted to RWD fully- RWD subframe,susp,rack, etc. aside from the xi auto trans) I would also like to run a MAF-less tune w/ euro IAT, however I don't see a NoMaf file on my BL project. (You partly addressed this in a post mentioning US-based N52 in early years.)

I have E85 next to my house, would like to see what we can get out of the engine with the increased timing E85 allows.

I have the following modifications-
N54 throttle body, S65 injectors, 3SI, XHP ST3, Custom headers only replacing the cats with pipe, stock O2 sensor location (Read some have issues with MAFless on after-market headers), dinan ram intake, K&N drop-in, charcoal delete, smoothed airbox insides, full 2.5" custom exhaust with no cats, only vibrant resonator, CCV delete (catch can),rev silicone boot.

I plan on ordering MILVs if you do have the time to tune.

I have access to a dyno and can do before and afters and post them up if it helps you. Thank you for all of your work here on the N52. I also have the full BMW tools suite, INPA, WinkFP, etc. and am competent enough in them.

I should mention I am not expecting anything for free, and would like to pay for the tune. You've done enough!

Thank you,
303bmw
Frankly with your mods, I'm surprised your car even runs without proper tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 08:07 PM   #2324
Reviewers
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:

I tried to PM you but it says you are currently at maximum dm capacity. Can you please PM me? Thank you rjahl.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #2325
rjahl
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviewers View Post
Quote:

I tried to PM you but it says you are currently at maximum dm capacity. Can you please PM me? Thank you rjahl.
I just cleared my messages, you can try again
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 08:52 PM   #2326
KClemente
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just cleared my messages, you can try again
Due to the stark similarities between both MSV70 and MSD80 DME's, my guess is that ip_iga_min_n_maf_puc_opm_1 and 2 are the trailing throttle fuel cut (PUC) ignition maps.

I personally use a very very similar map on my N54 and it works wonders if someone wants to tweak their burble to their liking. I can't verify it for anyone as my friends car never starts after flashing the RSA Delete and tune file afterwards.

ip_mff_cor_opm_1_1 (1_2, 2_1 and 2_2) are the fuel scalar maps for those running extensive mods and may or may not be useful.

For anyone that wants less nannies in the software, I would disable DROF, lc_tq_iga_inh, lc_tq_lim_inh (general), lc_tq_lim_inh_fast, lc_tq_lim_inh_slow. Setting those toggles to 1 should disable it.

I would also recommend simulating the 1M throttle maps by changing the torque request maps and copying the 1M values and breakpoints and reducing the throttle correction (ip_fac_pv_bas_cor_transmission) to 0 on MT (reduce numbers by half for a good starting point on automatic cars as they get real twitchy at 0)

I can't provide any guarantees as the only MSV70 I have access to doesn't even start up after BimmerLabs batch flashing. I have tested out all of these maps on my MSD80 though.
      08-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #2327
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Frankly with your mods, I'm surprised your car even runs without proper tune.
I am just as surprised as you are. I have been taking datalogs and trims and AFR are pretty close to normal. It pulls hard and idles smoothly. These cars adaptability with target AFR are incredible. I installed the N54 manifold today, and it pulls harder than the 3SI. (For sale if anyone needs one)

I am sure it's FAR from optimal, that's why I'm hoping to hear back from Hass regarding a tune. I know he is super busy lately. Well not just lately he seems like he is always busy as he is always going out of his way to help everyone.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 09:48 PM   #2328
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KClemente View Post
Due to the stark similarities between both MSV70 and MSD80 DME's, my guess is that ip_iga_min_n_maf_puc_opm_1 and 2 are the trailing throttle fuel cut (PUC) ignition maps.

I personally use a very very similar map on my N54 and it works wonders if someone wants to tweak their burble to their liking. I can't verify it for anyone as my friends car never starts after flashing the RSA Delete and tune file afterwards.

ip_mff_cor_opm_1_1 (1_2, 2_1 and 2_2) are the fuel scalar maps for those running extensive mods and may or may not be useful.

For anyone that wants less nannies in the software, I would disable DROF, lc_tq_iga_inh, lc_tq_lim_inh (general), lc_tq_lim_inh_fast, lc_tq_lim_inh_slow. Setting those toggles to 1 should disable it.

I would also recommend simulating the 1M throttle maps by changing the torque request maps and copying the 1M values and breakpoints and reducing the throttle correction (ip_fac_pv_bas_cor_transmission) to 0 on MT (reduce numbers by half for a good starting point on automatic cars as they get real twitchy at 0)

I can't provide any guarantees as the only MSV70 I have access to doesn't even start up after BimmerLabs batch flashing. I have tested out all of these maps on my MSD80 though.
How do you access these maps? I understand what to change, just am unaware as to what program to use to get into it.

rjahl I would love to pay you to remote in and change these options for me, if you have the time. Can use teamviewer on my laptop hooked up to the OBD.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 11:05 PM   #2329
KClemente
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303bmw View Post
How do you access these maps? I understand what to change, just am unaware as to what program to use to get into it.

rjahl I would love to pay you to remote in and change these options for me, if you have the time. Can use teamviewer on my laptop hooked up to the OBD.
I use WinOLS to find hex addresses and conversions, then use that information to create my own personal XDF for TunerPro and then make changes to my .bin file from there.

I mostly specialize in MSD80/81 N54's but it's from the same manufacturer (Continental) so all of the abbreviations and maps are very similar to each other. The elusive funktionsrahmen is also very helpful in translating and decoding what each map does.

No idea how your S65 injectors are working just fine with your car but I highly suggest changing injector dead times, minimum pulse width and adjusting your fuel scalar to get stft's closer to 0%.

At the very least, you can adjust your fuel scalar maps and leave the rest alone, so you're able to dial in fueling to an extent (100% necessary for Ethanol)
      08-26-2020, 06:07 PM   #2330
rjahl
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
As much as I would like to get involved, there is no way I have time. Between work,family commitments and other home projects, it's a non starter. I can barely find the time to write a post on this forum. The best I can do is provide a little guidance and clues from time to time.

Besides that, most of my mapping is with the MSV70 and creating a full map for the MSV80 is not going to happen. Your best bet is with the two people that really understand this motor and MSV80. Hass and Bob.

I do most of my work with WinOls, I found an older 730 program Damos file and transfer the maps into the current 921 file manually. Over the years, I've pulled up something like 400 of them. Hass has written a program to do this automatically but has not released the results. I'll let him explain why.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #2331
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Coming here to post for some help with WinKFP, as all of you here display more mastery and understanding than in any of the generic coding/programming forums. My E90 is fine, running the No-MAF 330 conversion tune for over a year, thankfully not my current problem.

I have a friend's R53 Mini in my garage that cranks but will not start. The EMS2k DME was flashed in WinKFP comfort mode from its factory software to the latest in the Daten. KFP picked the ZB numbers and successfully did the flash. INPA returns an error 5654 referring to the Checksum. I'd pulled the full 18-digit VIN from NCS, but KFP would only allow me to enter 17 digits. Should the checksum 18th digit be written over one of the others when entering the VIN in WinKFP before flashing, or have I looked at something wrong entirely?

Or, are there other steps to be done after the flash to finish? Would like to get this car running again!

I had not even wanted to flash the DME of this car, but had gotten some conflicting (ultimately bad) info from a Mini forum or facebook group. Ultimately I'm trying to initialize the VIN for a replacement DSC unit that had been installed in this car. Another post for another time.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #2332
DutchE90325i
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

my burbles are working

Quote:
Originally Posted by KClemente View Post

Nice writeup
i can confirm this is working on msv70

now only i have to ask you how to setup the burbles to go all of my rev range

mine is only popping between revlimiter till about 3k rpm down i want it to go further down my rev range

thanks

Last edited by DutchE90325i; 12-22-2020 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: add pictures
Appreciate 0