E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2DED code, battery getting drained

04-04-2023, 02:50 PM   #1
shaunse90
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
2DED code, battery getting drained

2008 e90 335i

I just replaced my wp and tstat and havent had any major issues since the past weekend when I installed it, but a few days later and im now getting a 2DED code leading my car to intermittently drain battery, As in when i started my car in the morning to go to school it started right up but when i left school my battery seemed slightly weak and had a hard time starting

Got home and checked codes with 2 scanners and i get 2DED: DME power management, Closed circuit current violation. No other codes or dash lights.

Ive checked some threads on this and i havent been able to find a single fix or major cause of this and seems very inconclusive to where this exactly comes from or what steps for diagnosis. I wonder if my water pump or tstat install has anything to do with this, or maybe a ground I accidentally moved or touched. Im really clueless when it comes to electricals lol.

Thank you very much for any information and advice that you guys could give me, im really pulling my hair out on this one.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 11:19 PM   #2
grindstoneuvula
Registered
Rep
Drives: maybach s680

Surely in the process of making the circuit, it leads to a pulse, so it can lead to a battery knife case. You can take it to a nearby car repair shop.
Appreciate 0