E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > funny smell in car like SICK!!

08-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
RichyB
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i SE coupe 57

funny smell in car like SICK!!

Hello as it says in title every once in a while I get a sick smell inside the car I thought the person before might have had a friend throw up from some fast driving!!! I looked everywhere took back seats out nothing then today I noticed it coming from the vents not when the AC is on just cold air from the front vents. Now I looked straight on here and people have said the cabin filter BUT they mentioned the smell when AC was on only!!! Now is the cabin filter just for the AC only??? if so it cant be that, then I thought where does the air come in from maybe I have something stuck in the air intake that is smelling bad????

any ideas many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
KM79
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2017 335D Msport Saloon

Could well be bacteria on the aircon evaporator or as you say something in the air tract.Pull off the micro filter housing under bonnet and have a look.its 6 small 8mm screws that hold it on right underneath the windscreen.of all if ok I would recommend and aircon treatment.The best ones are with a long hose that allows the fluid to spray directly onto the evaporator.

Kris
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
MrPogle
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport LCI

I bought half a dozen cans of an anti-bacterial spray from a cash and carry. Every 12 months I take off the pollen filter, turn on the fans and empty one of the cans into the inlet.
Appreciate 0