E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Who is at mistake?

10-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Who is at mistake?

Guys...
came across this driver on my way home. I had to stop and look at the person who was driving and .....
Kindly change the video to 1080p

PS: Ignore the music!
      10-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Lol this is why i want a dashcam!

It's one of those badly designed yellow boxes. You could be forever waiting as cars from the side road join. On this occasion the road was clear, and therefore your right of way.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Alex.J
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i MSport

Initially there's, pushing into a closed door!

Then it's just a tussle of confusion I think and no1 is to blame, just confusion!

But, initially, there fault!
      10-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Pretty sure I was at that round about earlier.

Why did you stop? That's your right of way, looks like hesitation on both parts. I maybe wouldn't let someone out there because of the yellow box even though it's faded.

Unless I've misread what you asked.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
SBE92LCI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320d LCI

Just a little bit of a misunderstanding I feel.

From the video it appears you slow down as you get towards the Peugeot - possibly because you can see it edging out and you're just being cautious which is fair. The Peugeot is beginning to edge out, probably to make sure he/she is ready when a space becomes available however as you slow down, the Peugeot thinks you're actually allowing him/her out and therefore edges out more - not wanting to fully pull out because he/she isn't sure whether you're actually allowing them out or not.

No biggie.

EDIT: And after watching again, I can't help but feel you were being a little bit interesting when you stopped pretty much in front of the Peugeot when it began to edge out. And then when you moved again when it started to move after you had stopped... Hmmm...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Guys...
came across this driver on my way home. I had to stop and look at the person who was driving and .....
You were at fault, and for the following reasons:

1. You can't distinguish between a minger and a brahma (assumes the other driver was a female, or pretending to be one, or you could be gay )
2. You are far to courteous to drive a BMW.
3. You're not aggressive enough to drive a BMW.

Let me know when I can collect the keys and V5, I'll bring along a 'sold for nada to Hotcoupe receipt', and you can pop along to Toyota and pick up a s/hand Prius/Auris.

Happy to help

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

What cam are you using?

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Why did you hesitate?....

You have right of way, and have very nicely let others go and not go into the yellow box, but then the road cleared up....why did the other car tried to push in?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

I don't think that Peugeot waited at the lines at all ?? Young driver in a bit of a hurry ?
      10-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE92LCI View Post
Just a little bit of a misunderstanding I feel.

From the video it appears you slow down as you get towards the Peugeot - possibly because you can see it edging out and you're just being cautious which is fair. The Peugeot is beginning to edge out, probably to make sure he/she is ready when a space becomes available however as you slow down, the Peugeot thinks you're actually allowing him/her out and therefore edges out more - not wanting to fully pull out because he/she isn't sure whether you're actually allowing them out or not.

No biggie.
I am starting with this comment as this comment is spot on. I slowed as the other driver did not bother to stop. Bringing the nose of your car a bit out is good but you need to brake at some point especially if its not your right.

If you watch the video from 1:03-1:05, you may observe that the other driver only stopped as I kept going on.

It was my right to carry on but the other driver thought to carry on for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBE92LCI View Post
EDIT: And after watching again, I can't help but feel you were being a little bit interesting when you stopped pretty much in front of the Peugeot when it began to edge out. And then when you moved again when it started to move after you had stopped... Hmmm...
I stopped in front of that car as I felt that other driver was going to carry on. Did not want to have any accident.

We had eye contact and which was rude in a way...'Get out of my way' from the other side. Again the person tried to pull out of that space where to me its 'impossible to pull out' and it made me 'typical BMW driver' and attitude 'you can't pass from here as its my right of way'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
You were at fault, and for the following reasons:

1. You can't distinguish between a minger and a brahma (assumes the other driver was a female, or pretending to be one, or you could be gay )
2. You are far to courteous to drive a BMW.
3. You're not aggressive enough to drive a BMW.

Let me know when I can collect the keys and V5, I'll bring along a 'sold for nada to Hotcoupe receipt', and you can pop along to Toyota and pick up a s/hand Prius/Auris.

Happy to help
Spot on Ian as usual (exception is the gay part) . I have a rule that when there is traffic and somebody is waiting on a junction / give way before I approach, I allow them to move whenever possible. And hence I signaled the black VW to move and he thanked me for that.

But that does not mean I am allowing black car behind that VW.

And I have learnt a lesson not to drive 'aggressively' when its rush hours or traffic is packed.

And in my defense I can say that I am 'heavy footed'.
You are more than welcome to take my car but I don't think that 320i would be any good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I don't think that Peugeot waited at the lines at all ?? Young driver in a bit of a hurry ?
This is exactly what I felt and the other driver did not stop. The other driver was not young at all and possibly in 50s. However the other driver was from a minority group which always tend to rush and drive at 65MPH on the fastest lane whereas other lanes are usually empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post

You have right of way, and have very nicely let others go and not go into the yellow box, but then the road cleared up....why did the other car tried to push in?
Guys, the first stop was a mixture of 'don't want accident' and 'its my right of way so I am stopping and giving you a look'.

After that, two movements of the car are voluntary while saying 'why did you tried to push in'. Sorry, I was nasty at the end but the attitude of the other driver stunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Lol this is why i want a dashcam!

It's one of those badly designed yellow boxes. You could be forever waiting as cars from the side road join. On this occasion the road was clear, and therefore your right of way.
I think you really need a dashcam as it could have helped you in your recent incident (where you were pulled).

Yellow boxes are for the traffic coming from my right when the traffic is bad. And as you said it was my right of way, hence I continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.J View Post
Initially there's, pushing into a closed door!

Then it's just a tussle of confusion I think and no1 is to blame, just confusion!

But, initially, there fault!
Alex, the video may give you that impression. If that was the case, then the other driver could have raised hands... or at least should have give the impression of guil.

And I can assure you that the other driver was not confused. The other driver tried to move when I stopped and clearly there was no space. I moved a bit when other driver tried to move and that driver moved again. I got the impression, get the fuck out of here or I will hit you.

At the end I moved thinking of the Ian's signature but with some modification

'Never argue with an idiot on the ROAD. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bear_Yid View Post
Pretty sure I was at that round about earlier.

Why did you stop? That's your right of way, looks like hesitation on both parts. I maybe wouldn't let someone out there because of the yellow box even though it's faded.

Unless I've misread what you asked.
Someday we'll meet on those roads bud.

I have mentioned why I stopped. I think that the other driver should have stopped as it was not their right of way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
What cam are you using?
Its Kukas LK-7900.
      10-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]

Last edited by zltm089; 10-23-2013 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: watched the video again
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
watched your video again, I think it was because he though you let him go....not sure what "look" you gave him!....he must have though, the bmw guy is letting me out...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #13
SBE92LCI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 320d LCI

At the end of the day, I thought because we drove BMWs, we always had right of way?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

I know why you're saying you stopped but I get that all day everyday. I get people pull out further than that in a 30/40mph zone. I'd end up doing a load of emergency stops if I reacted to it. Just seems the way of the roads round here.

But I know that you've gone to let a woman out. That can be a pain in itself, the amount of times I've gone to let someone out without stopping or braking and they haven't realised. You can tell the people that drive a lot, you only have to give them an auction style twitch of acknowledgment and they'll come out.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Yellow box means don't enter unless you can clear it and the other junction is a give way. I say you are in the right as the traffic in front of you was free flowing into the roundabout so you were going to clear the yellow box. Regardless of how fast you were progressing the other car is at a give way and therefore you have right of way. End of.

On the other hand. It looks like you hesitated a bit and sounds like you made eye contact with the other driver. They still shouldn't have assumed though. Plus their car is much smaller than yours so you are right.
      10-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

You should have let him pull out in front of you and then overtook him at the earliest opportunity cutting him up.

Oops, sorry forgot you are not in an Audi
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #17
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I don't get it Makkan? That's a non event isn't it? At about 1/2 mile an hour, a kind of old lady supermarket car park push-in?

No offence, but this is what worries me about people with cameras in their cars. They think that this "incident" was actually worth even thinking about for more than 2 seconds after it occured.

You had right of way, but paused and they though you were letting them out, end of, simple mistake on both parties, please move along.

If you had to take evasive action and screech past in a cloud of tire smoke, clattering ABS and blaring horns with your coffee splashed up the windscreen then maybe you could moan.

It's the kind of thing that happens all the time on busy roads, must have happened at least twice to me just this morning.

You had right of way, but it's not a big deal, just a quick beep, keep right to pass them and carry on, not even worth a second look IMO.

Is this why we have such a bad rep in this country for agressive behaviour on the road?

Last edited by doughboy; 10-24-2013 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #18
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post

So if you have right of way but can see an accident about to take place, do you just drive into the accident because you have right of way?

Even if you have right of way, you can still be held accountable for failing to prevent a preventable accident.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #19
script
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I don't get it Makkan? That's a non event isn't it? At about 1/2 mile an hour, a kind of old lady supermarket car park push-in?

No offence, but this is what worries me about people with cameras in their cars. They think that this "incident" was actually worth even thinking about for more than 2 seconds after it occured.

You had right of way, but paused and they though you were letting them out, end of, simple mistake on both parties, please move along.

If you had to take evasive action and screech past in a cloud of tire smoke, clattering ABS and blaring horns with your coffee splashed up the windscreen then maybe you could moan.

It's the kind of thing that happens all the time on busy roads, must have happened at least twice to me just this morning.

You had right of way, but it's not a big deal, just a quick beep, keep right to pass them and carry on, not even worth a second look IMO.

Is this why we have such a bad rep in this country for agressive behaviour on the road?
100% this!

If we all catalogued every tiny incident on a daily basis we'd need a hard drive the size of a skip!

Its fuck all, move on.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #20
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Yes, you are correct but 'may be'. I come across such things everyday.
Now, to start with, I have not classed it as incident. I have asked 'Who is at mistake?'

I know I was not wrong, but the impression given by other driver to me was
'You are at mistake and if you do not get out of the way, I am hitting your car.'

If you watch the video again, after stopping the car, and having eye contact, When I tried to move the car, the other person moved the car. That is surely not confusion. That is 'get out of my way' and really I had to stop again to see if the person was mentally retarded.

So, its for discussion. I was surprised by the reaction of the other driver
      10-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #21
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
So if you have right of way but can see an accident about to take place, do you just drive into the accident because you have right of way?

Even if you have right of way, you can still be held accountable for failing to prevent a preventable accident.
+1
      10-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #22
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post

What accident!...in this case, by hesitating and "looking" at the other driver the OP "helped" in creating the confusion and could have lead to a collision.

Yes, like Doughboy says, it's fairly minor.

Very often, its when people hesitate or don't know what to do that accidents happen. Either, you let the other party out of the junction....
Appreciate 0