E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Rain sensor initialisation

11-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Midlife_C
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Rain sensor initialisation

Hi guys, does anyone know how to re-initialise the Rain Sensor for the wipers?

Can the BMWhat app do that? Or do I have to find someone with INPA software+cables?

The previous owner replaced the windshield with non-OEM. The rain sensor lens seems to be sitting perfectly fine, with no bubbles. But I can’t get it to work – once I enable auto wipers (LED light is on), the wipers move once and that’s it. If I change sensitivity on the stalk – it wipes once but nothing after that. Manual modes seem to work fine.

I found this thread where re-initialisation of the rain sensors fixes the problem for most people: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ng-Rain-Sensor

If the rain sensor was not connected or completely stuffed – would I see a warning message on iDrive? I do not have any code reading gadgets yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

You will need INPA and the cable. I have read about the auto wipers not working with non-BMW windscreens.

Best bet is to find someone that does coding and is familiar with INPA and NCSExpert. Have a look in the coding section of the forum.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Midlife_C
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
Best bet is to find someone that does coding and is familiar with INPA and NCSExpert. Have a look in the coding section of the forum.
Thanks, I thought it was the case. I guess I will ask at the workshop next time I am doing car service. I found a video on YouTube which shows how it is done in INPA, seems to be straight forward.
Appreciate 0