E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Installed Areokit this evening

04-02-2007, 03:37 AM   #133
KARW
Rep
Drives: MB CLS

The side skirts really made a whole lot difference! Great one! No doubt E92 of the month! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 03:46 AM   #134
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARW View Post
The side skirts really made a whole lot difference! Great one! No doubt E92 of the month! :rocks:
wtf..??? Am i missing something. Their is no side skirts. As far as i know, all i see is the aero front lip.
      04-02-2007, 04:07 AM   #135
KARW
Rep
Drives: MB CLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
wtf..??? Am i missing something. Their is no side skirts. As far as i know, all i see is the aero front lip.
OPSS! What the fck was i typing.. Aero front lip sorry not side skirts. Kinda drunk.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 04:08 AM   #136
jbake
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARW View Post
OPSS! What the fck was i typing.. Aero front lip sorry not side skirts. Kinda drunk.
me too!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #137
AnyMeans
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Installed Areokit this evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp335i View Post
Here are couple more pics in the daytime.
Would you please let me know if the BMW aero kit includes the entire bumper (as opposed to the portion below the mesh).

It appears that the aero kit bumper comes into two pieces. Is that correct? The reason for the question is the frequent reference to the aero kit "lip". I surmise that the lip is the lower part of the bumper (i.e., the part below the mesh).

Some people are purchasing just the lip--which cannot be installed on a 335i Coupe because the car has a one piece bumper--or am I missing something?

Lastly, you were able to install the entire bumper in 15 minutes (or were you joking)?

Thanks in advance. Also note that I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but cannot find it.

Larry
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #138
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMeans View Post
Would you please let me know if the BMW aero kit includes the entire bumper (as opposed to the portion below the mesh).

It appears that the aero kit bumper comes into two pieces. Is that correct? The reason for the question is the frequent reference to the aero kit "lip". I surmise that the lip is the lower part of the bumper (i.e., the part below the mesh).

Some people are purchasing just the lip--which cannot be installed on a 335i Coupe because the car has a one piece bumper--or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. Also note that I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but cannot find it.

Larry
The front areo kit is just single piece lip and it CAN and IS installed over OEM bumper on the coupe. The rear for the areo kit is an whole new bumper.

hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #139
AnyMeans
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp335i View Post
Here are couple more pics in the daytime.
Thanks for the quick response.

My confusion is with the terminology. For example on the DIY page there is a page with photos of the installation of the Lips--which are installed over the current OEM bumper (as you suggested). However, on the first page of THIS thread the bumper appears to be a completely different bumper. The holes (i.e., the area where the mesh is) are larger than what is on my 335i Coupe.

Let me attempt to attach photos (attempt being the key word):

Please look at the pictures below. Is this the front Aero Kit that is referenced on page 8 of the Accessories catalog--which appear to be a completely new front bumper? Or is the front aero kit the two "lip" pictures above?

The center opening (i.e., the meshed area) in the pictures below appear to be larger and is definitely shaped different than what's on my car.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #140
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nice Car..What Wheels are those?
      04-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #141
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

The e92 aero lip is definitely, 100%, I am totally positive, a lip. It fits over the OEM bumper - it attaches on the underside of the car via five hex nuts which are already on your car, and on the top side of the lip via adhesive. I've installed 4 of them now, it's a lip. Oh, and fwiw, the install is a 15 minute job. Literally.

The intake sizes do not change as you suggested, maybe it is the picture.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #142
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Here is a pic that explains it all. The circles part is the aero lip, it is what you buy when you buy the "aero front" or "aero bumper" or "aero lip". It attaches right over the OEM bumper.

[img]http://****************/liplip.jpg[/img]
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #143
AnyMeans
Rep

Thanks a million!! That's exacted the information I was seeking. The pictures can be misleading.

LP
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #144
JustAce
2008 E93 335i Platinum Bronze| Saddle Brown
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2002 MB S500

[QUOTE=AnyMeans;839867]Thanks for the quick response.

My confusion is with the terminology. For example on the DIY page there is a page with photos of the installation of the Lips--which are installed over the current OEM bumper (as you suggested). However, on the first page of THIS thread the bumper appears to be a completely different bumper. The holes (i.e., the area where the mesh is) are larger than what is on my 335i Coupe.

Please look at the pictures below. Is this the front Aero Kit that is referenced on page 8 of the Accessories catalog--which appear to be a completely new front bumper? Or is the front aero kit the two "lip" pictures above?

The center opening (i.e., the meshed area) in the pictures below appear to be larger and is definitely shaped different than what's on my car.

Thanks

AnyMeans the Black front and kit in the pic are from an E90!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 02:02 AM   #145
AnyMeans
Rep

[QUOTE=JustAce;840703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyMeans View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks

AnyMeans the Black front and kit in the pic are from an E90!
Perhaps that's part of the confusion (and my question). Thanks for pointing that out.

Larry
Appreciate 0