E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Depo P90 Installed (with photos)...with issues

03-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

Depo P90 Installed (with photos)...with issues

I figured after installing and having the supposed updated error canceller, I would be good to go. Well, let me supply the current issues after having professionally installed today.

1. Errors on dashboard. First time just the headlight with the lines sticking out, but now, I also sometimes get the car on the lift.

2. Turn signals - all turn signals work on car except on the headlights. I am in the process of double checking this. The worst part is now the turn signals have almost tripled in speed. They are almost at the point where the turn signals are constant when engaged.

3. The headlight on the main (outer ring) on either headlight goes on or off as it pleases.

Now for the good part. The lights do really look outstanding. Take a look below at a few shots I took on my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Woah I should not have eaten that acid today...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep

Lol my bad. Should be better now below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
I only see the pics of the ballast. Do you have the error cancellor that connects between the ballast and bulbs?
      03-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

The DEPO P90 headlights look great on the car and definitely does give it that modern look! Not sure who you purchased the DEPO P90 headlights from, but any reputable vendor should have informed you on this prior to the sale. The early production E90 models do have more sensitive electronics and you will need to get either a PC Module / Error Canceler to eliminate the flickering of the lights, fast flickering of the turn signals, and the dash errors. I'll shoot you over a PM so we can get this taken care of for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep

BLKLYZ,

I was explaining to Alan that I am unfortunately a novice with these, as I had them professionally installed. According to the person I bought them off of, the error cancelers were 'connected.' To be honest with you, I couldn't even tell you what they look like. I just gave the headlight with the ballasts and everything connected as it was purchased to my friend, who installed them. Also, I am waiting for the original seller to respond to an email with questions incase there was a misunderstanding.

Thank you,

Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Duckets View Post
BLKLYZ,

I was explaining to Alan that I am unfortunately a novice with these, as I had them professionally installed. According to the person I bought them off of, the error cancelers were 'connected.' To be honest with you, I couldn't even tell you what they look like. I just gave the headlight with the ballasts and everything connected as it was purchased to my friend, who installed them. Also, I am waiting for the original seller to respond to an email with questions incase there was a misunderstanding.

Thank you,

Chris
Okay. Keep us posted.
      03-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #8
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also, I found that the turn signal bulbs both do not work. I tried replacing the bulb with the stock bulb from the OEM halogen headlights, and still nothing. I am going to take it to the shop tomorrow to see what they think.

Thanks,

Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

i'm dizzy now!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #10
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

I think these were the ones I was gonna pick up,

either way, keep us posted

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
SharpPointyStick
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Alpine White 323i (E90)

I corrected the headlight error using kit in the below thread;

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...91#post9165891

Also was able to correct the parking light error (on the 4 LED angel eye version) using a resistor
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
mi800
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Did you buy this one from this forum? I almost bought this one but I didn't because I,ve got burned by another seller in this forum. He sold me supposly brand new Dynavin but part was previously installed and scratched up. Steering wheel function doesn't work. Next time, we should all buy brand new from dealer with warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #13
The_DDub
Mmmm torque
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss, hard and fast

Garage List
2007 328i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
I figured after installing and having the supposed updated error canceller, I would be good to go. Well, let me supply the current issues after having professionally installed today.

1. Errors on dashboard. First time just the headlight with the lines sticking out, but now, I also sometimes get the car on the lift.
As pointed out error cancellers are not 100%. Coding is the only 100% way to get rid of dash errors.
Quote:
2. Turn signals - all turn signals work on car except on the headlights. I am in the process of double checking this. The worst part is now the turn signals have almost tripled in speed. They are almost at the point where the turn signals are constant when engaged.
Did the lamps come with LED turn signal bulbs? Sounds like it based on the rapid flash. Have you tried regular halogen bulbs in the turn signals?
Quote:
3. The headlight on the main (outer ring) on either headlight goes on or off as it pleases.
This is a weird one. But it sounds like you will also need resistors on the AEs or coding to eliminate bulb checks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just wanted to give everyone an update....

I was able to take care of the issues previously mentioned. The turn signal bulbs that were installed in the headlights were LED, which require resistors that I did not have, thus did not work. What I did was swapped out the LED bulbs with the OEM from the original which ended up taking care of the crazy turn signal speeds.

The headlight flickering that I was noticing went away and may have been caused by the LED bulb (maybe). Regardless, that issue has gone away. The other issue I had was with one of the euro turn sockets. While trying to take out the LED bulb, I forced it out with pliers because it would just not budge. Anyway, I went to the dealership today and was able to purchase an extra turn socket which ended up working.

The final issues I still have unfortunately are a headlight out error code that still wont go away. I did at one point have no errors for like 15 minutes but they came back. For right now, I am extremely happy that they are operational. They truly do look fantastic. It really goes to show you how ugly the OEM halogens are.

The last thing I am looking to do is have the headlights mimick the OEM xenons with regards to having just the angel eyes on during the day. Currently, I am unable to do that. I am not sure where to go with that one.

Thanks everyone for your help and responses. I will probably take some more photos tomorrow and let y'all see.

Regards,

Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #15
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:

I was able to take care of the issues previously mentioned. The turn signal bulbs that were installed in the headlights were LED, which require resistors that I did not have, thus did not work. What I did was swapped out the LED bulbs with the OEM from the original which ended up taking care of the crazy turn signal speeds.

The headlight flickering that I was noticing went away and may have been caused by the LED bulb (maybe). Regardless, that issue has gone away. The other issue I had was with one of the euro turn sockets. While trying to take out the LED bulb, I forced it out with pliers because it would just not budge. Anyway, I went to the dealership today and was able to purchase an extra turn socket which ended up working.

The final issues I still have unfortunately are a headlight out error code that still wont go away. I did at one point have no errors for like 15 minutes but they came back. For right now, I am extremely happy that they are operational. They truly do look fantastic. It really goes to show you how ugly the OEM halogens are.

The last thing I am looking to do is have the headlights mimick the OEM xenons with regards to having just the angel eyes on during the day. Currently, I am unable to do that. I am not sure where to go with that one.

Thanks everyone for your help and responses. I will probably take some more photos tomorrow and let y'all see.

Regards,

Chris
Definately keep us updated!

Last edited by Atomicteal_M3; 03-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
The_DDub
Mmmm torque
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss, hard and fast

Garage List
2007 328i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:

Regards,

Chris
Oem xenons on pre lci e90 dont do angel eye as drl from the factory. In order to get that you need to get coding done on your car. And it will only work if you have an nfrm aka frm2 light computer. Hit up some coders in your area. I think camber toe is a sponsor on these boards and is in the tri state area.

Edit. Look s like you have an 06 e90 so ae as drl not possible with coding. You will need to look into a wired solution. Gl
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #17
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey everyone,

I was able to take a video recently of the headlights. Unfortunately, it looks like the video client I used stretched the picture out. Regardless, this should give you a better idea of the headlights. Enjoy.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #18
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi800 View Post
Did you buy this one from this forum? I almost bought this one but I didn't because I,ve got burned by another seller in this forum. He sold me supposly brand new Dynavin but part was previously installed and scratched up. Steering wheel function doesn't work. Next time, we should all buy brand new from dealer with warranty.
Are you talking about LuvMyRide?

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0