E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Mosconi 120.4 NON-DSP settings

12-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
TheGreenHell
Rep
Drives: 135i

Mosconi 120.4 NON-DSP settings

I have recently installed the 120.4 Amp (Non-DSP version) with the gladen Extreme kit (6 speakers).

Initial installation went smoothly with the quadlock pnp connector. Noticed that the rear channels are driving the rear deck speakers instead of the underseat woofers and hence did a minor rewiring.

Current-Set up

2 Channel input from HU
Front channels driving doors and tweets
Rear channels driving the underseat subs

Much better now.

However I have noticed that the sounds are not as lively especially the mid-range. I suspect the following reasons :

1) HU is currently a bmw professional. hidden menu shows it as STEREO output.

2) My amp settings cut-offs are messed up.

I have ordered a cable on the way to code the Headunit to output as HI-FI with regards to 1)

At the same time, Is there anyone able to share their settings on a similar set-up so I can check if my understanding of the cut-offs adjustments are screwed up.

Much thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Hmmm, I have the same system but I went for the non-Extreme version.

If you have the 2 channel quadlock harness the rear door speakers should still be driven by the headunit.

The front door speakers and the subs should all be driven from the front channels.
The subs are driven by channels 3 and 4 from the amp. On the 2 channel quadlock you have to set the amp to 2 channel output (otherwise you get no sound from the subs)

Coding the HU to Hifi should help flatten the EQ curve so the midrange should sound better.

For the frequency cut offs I just went with the settings in the instructions. I also set the gains using a handheld oscilloscope.