E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Need new tyres - Please help!

10-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejimreaper View Post
Hi, I got mine from mytyres.co.uk or .com?! To be fair I got them fitted really cheap through a friend but the tyres were still cheaper than camskill which surprised me as I have always used them in the past. Mytyres also do free fast delivery as well.

I know what your saying about places not liking fitting Internet sourced tyres. I think it's pretty pathetic as they will just get left behind. They should just look on it as another source of income?
Thanks for that, the Vreds are indeed cheaper with mytyres! However, you can get a set of AS2's for around £30 more through Camskill and, much as I liked the Ultrac Sessantas, the Goodyears seem to come out better in every review I read. Therefore, for the modest increase in cost I'd probably pay the extra and give them a go; looks like they have a better rolling resistance than the Vreds so you'd probably recoup the additional outlay in reduced fuel costs over the life of the tyres!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

ive got Falkens, they are alright at best. they were less than my budget and seemed like a good idea, car is now not as hard as runflats, but it has lost a little bit of feel, you do get a floaty feel to the front end.

will be getting a decent set next time, everyone seems to be raving about the conti's or goodyears, so probably go with that option if you have the money.

i used event tyres, recommended by someone on here, and they were good. quick, cheap, hassle free.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
thejimreaper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Thanks for that, the Vreds are indeed cheaper with mytyres! However, you can get a set of AS2's for around £30 more through Camskill and, much as I liked the Ultrac Sessantas, the Goodyears seem to come out better in every review I read. Therefore, for the modest increase in cost I'd probably pay the extra and give them a go; looks like they have a better rolling resistance than the Vreds so you'd probably recoup the additional outlay in reduced fuel costs over the life of the tyres!

Fair one, the Vreds look aggressive when your following a car with them on though!! not that looks are important when it comes to tyres (unless your me!!)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
jimbodeni
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Coupe

Thanks for all the feedback .

I ended up going for the Goodyear AS2's last week based on the reviews being slightly better than that of the Conti SP5's however there really was little in it, I just had to make a quick decision!

I am very very happy with them and they are a significant improvement over the OEM runflats.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #27
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post
After much research I'm going from the Falkens to the Goodyear eagle F1s as they're supposed to be a lot quieter than the conti's and the all round reviews look great.
Will be very interested to hear what you think of the Goodyears when you get them fitted to your 335i; still undecided between those and the Continentals....!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
hobo mofo
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i e90

Just swapped my runflats for normal tires. I got 4 x michelin pilot sport 3's for just under £500. Not bad ehhh.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #29
blackrabbit
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d F30 M Sport

just as an aside.......Have you checked out http://www.blackcircles.com/ the prices are very good. I did a quote for 225/40r17's and they are half the price of other quotes I've had.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

http://www.reifen.com/en/

Based in Germany with very good prices. Haven't used them but when my tyres need replacing I will definately use them
Appreciate 0