E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

11-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #1277
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88 View Post
Nice to be able to put a face to the name
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #1278
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
Good one
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #1279
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteMayo View Post
I take you back to your first post 'pal'. Quote "do you think we were born yesterday". I simply posted feedback of my experience. Where's the crime?
No crime pal just don't see where I apologised for anything. Remember Big Motoring World, Addington, Kent, selling second hand BMW cars appears from the posts on this thread and others to provide a terrible experience.

As I said I am glad that you have warned others off from buying cars from them clearly you agree with the majority of posters on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #1280
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
No crime pal just don't see where I apologised for anything. Remember Big Motoring World, Addington, Kent, selling second hand BMW cars appears from the posts on this thread and others to provide a terrible experience.

As I said I am glad that you have warned others off from buying cars from them clearly you agree with the majority of posters on this thread.
As I said, your apology is accepted now you realise I'm not a BMWorld employee! Freedom of speech allows people to say what they want and you shouldnt treat people like sh** if they don't post comments that you want to hear because you want to up the visibility of this thread for BMWorld (not that it seems to make one iota of difference as they seem to be doing ok for business). Remember, whatever other peoples experience, mine seemed to be ok touch wood
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #1281
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Never apologised mate so I don't know what you are accepting just glad that you have seen the error of your ways and now recommend that people don't buy a car from Big Motoring World Addington selling used BMW cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #1282
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Never apologised mate so I don't know what you are accepting just glad that you have seen the error of your ways and now recommend that people don't buy a car from Big Motoring World Addington selling used BMW cars.
It's fine, the apology is accepted. No error made at any point whatsoever on my part but good try.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #1283
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
So what we should take from this & what looks to be the reason LiteMayo has signed up for, is the following:

Quote:
I would advise you dont go anywhere near Big Motoring World based on the negative feedback on this thread and from what I can tell, a few other websites.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1284
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

No dullard, see my first post. As ive said time and time again I chose to sign up simply to. post what my experience was like. You missed that bit off your quote above! The point i later made was to make it clear I dont work for BMW as ive been accused of because a BMW employee wouldnt advise people to avoid BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #1285
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Probably not good to call people names on a forum that you've just signed up to. Perhaps you might enjoy playing with your mates on the Citroen forum more so perhaps you should run along there and discuss how to remove seats as that will suit you better

Interesting that even you suggest that Big Motoring World selling second hand cars in Addington Kent is best avoided because of their appalling reputation. It seem that we have convinced you of the error of your ways.

Bye bye pal, we won't miss you.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #1286
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Probably not good to call people names on a forum that you've just signed up to. Perhaps you might enjoy playing with your mates on the Citroen forum more so perhaps you should run along there and discuss how to remove seats as that will suit you better

Interesting that even you suggest that Big Motoring World selling second hand cars in Addington Kent is best avoided because of their appalling reputation. It seem that we have convinced you of the error of your ways.

Bye bye pal, we won't miss you.
Lol what on earth are you blurbing on about! You have been nothing but rude and insulting and u have the the gall to tell me to run along. Funny think is i only intended to post positive feedback (then defend accusations), not to become a socialite like yourself via forums. The very fact you choose to slate the fact I took advice on another forum on how to replace a passenger seat voids all credibility you had. How truly pathetic!!!!!!!!

"Bye bye we wont miss you"? What the bejesus? You may get an erection from being a keyboard warrior via forums and talking trash but its not cool.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #1287
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol what on earth are you blurbing on about! You have been nothing but rude and insulting and u have the the gall to tell me to run along. Funny think is i only intended to post positive feedback (then defend accusations), not to become a socialite like yourself via forums. The very fact you choose to slate the fact I took advice on another forum on how to replace a passenger seat voids all credibility you had. How truly pathetic!!!!!!!!

"Bye bye we wont miss you"? What the bejesus? You may get an erection from being a keyboard warrior via forums and talking trash but its not cool.
You seem to have the same anger management issues that the owner of Big Motoring World has, are you related?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #1288
kayfaz
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

@LiteMayo where are the pictures of "your" new 3 series that you bought from Big Motoring World (NOT from BMW!!!)...

You seem to be choosing your words very wisely for SEO purposes....the more you post the worse it gets....I suggest you just leave it at that.

Thank you for your advise NOT to use Big Motoring World and your bad experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #1289
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
It looks like Big Motoring World have set up an online complaints website.... hmmmm....reminds me of Peverel, another bunch of incompetent morons aswell...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #1290
225_AB
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
It's not jut ths thread or piston heads, here's a quote from babybmw

Post subject: Re: My Expierence With Big Motoring World - BMW 116D M-SPORTPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Enthusiastic Member

Anyone who reads threads like this and still buys a car from these jokers is a mug, pure and simple.

Sorry, but it's true...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #1291
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Yeah Right!!

Quote:

Quote:
Happy to report I got a car from Big Motoring World in Kent and the car seems in good condition. I had arranged an appointment to see my car before I did my research on them so was a little worried what my experience would be like but the sales guy was fine (albeit wasnt keen for me to test drive until we agreed price). Service place to pickup car was quite a nice setup. Seems most the comments on Big motoring world are negative but they remain in existence so there must be plenty of decent cars coming through and subsequently happy customers. I guess how many people bother to actively report a good experience!
Do you really think we were born yesterday. You sign up to this forum and your first and only post is to sing the praises of big motoring world. All you have done is to bump this thread that lays out all the appalling things that big do.
^^This

You can always tell a Big Motoring World post because they always comment on something that a real customer generally couldn't give a sh1t about.

They always comment on the "handover process was excellent", and in the above case "Service place to pickup car was quite a nice setup".

When buying a used car the only things that really matter is the price and whether or not the car is a good one. I don't know anyone who buys a used car and places any value whatsoever on the "handover process" or the "dealer venue".

Tossers!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #1292
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Maybe LiteMayo isn't a Big Motoring World employee, for a start:
  • he can spell
  • he's pretty articulate

Should he be given a bit of slack?

Nah, probably not!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #1293
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 320D (184) M Sport Saloon

A true story for the New Year

Are we all sitting down relaxing?

Let me begin. I met a guy down the pub the other day (he's a friend of a friend).
After a few drinks he started talking about Big Motoring World and Peter Waddell. Well as you can imagine I'm all ears.

This is what was said, you could'nt make it up if it came from the Pope himself!

This guy (a Rastafarian, you know long dreadlocks etc) came down from London last summer with a wad of cash in his pocket and bought a car then a there, straight off the forecourt! Driving his newly acquired set of wheels back to South London to show all his Rastafarian mates.

However, the motor developed a gearbox fault (surprise,surprise), although it was still driveable.

He took it back again to the Addington branch, after a lot of shouting and swearing (from Mr Rasta) the sales guy agrees to loan him a courtesy car(possibly saving his arse).

Mr Rasta has the courtesy car for almost 3 weeks (I may add that it was a series 1 which was plastered with Big Motoring World advertising logo all over it, from top to bottom),which was very difficault for our Rastafarian friend, as he's profession requires him to remain incognito most of the time (If you know what I mean!).

He certainly was'nt a happy bunny! Anyway, when It was time for him to pick up his repaired set of wheels, he decided to take 5 members of his 'crew' with him(real big mean mother f**ker's, built like brick s*it houses) in another vehicle and follow him down to the Addington branch.

I might add that each and everyone of these dudes not only pumped iron, but were skilled in martial arts and kickboxing, not to mention the fact that they were all 'tooled up' (If you know what I mean?).

When the 2 vehicles arrived at Addington, the 5 'crew' member's stayed in their motor waiting for the 'nod' from Mr Rasta.

Mr Rasta got out of the courtesy car, walked straight over to one of the doormen (oops, sorry, I meant salesmen) and asked to see Mr Big (Peter Waddell) himself.

Now either Peter Waddell is extreamly stupid or extreamly brave (I think it is possibly the former).

He actually comes out of the sales office by himself, walks accross the customer car park and starts talking to Mr Rasta, things get a bit heated and Mr Rasta starts shouting and swearing, Peter Waddell say's if he continues to shout abuse he's going to walk away.

Mr Rasta is just about to give the 'nod' when biggsy turn's round and gives him a wide grin, get's out his mobile phone and start's showing Rasta family photo's, together with a picture of his new 'Lambo', which (surprise, surprise) has broken down and has been at the dealer's for a couple of months waiting for repairs.

So explains biggsy, it's not just you that has a car problem!

By the time biggsy had given Rasta the speil and shown him all of his pic's, I swear there were tears in Rasta's eyes!

I swear Peter Waddell does'nt know how lucky he was (a nat's cock), not to end up eating hospital food and not to mention all his car's getting totally trashed!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #1294
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

A Second True Story For The New Year

Here we go yet again.

I was drinking at another pub again, when I happened to 'bump' into another friend of a friend and yes you've guessed it, Big Motoring World came up in the conversation again (quite by chance as it so happened).

This guy, his name was Bob, had purchased his new motor (again) at their addington branch (must be a very popular place!) and yes ,he too had a list of faults as long as your arm.

So Bob went back to the sales office and asked to see someone in charge and guess who appeared, yes Mr Big (Peter Waddle) himself.

Biggsy was giving a pretty picture of everything, saying that his company had just spent over £7M and had a shiny brand new service centre over at Snodland (outside Maidstone, Kent) which was now up and running and recommended to Bob, to book his car in over there to rectify all the faults (just mention my name, and say I sent you).

So Bob took his 'BM over to Snodland and WOW!!! It's like a f**king 5* hotel!!

Even a better looking place than a 'BM Main dealer!!!

It's so clean,you could eat your dinner straight off the workshop floor, shame about the pot holed dirt track leading up to the place (would'nt recommend driving your 'M' Series up there!).

Anyhow, once you get inside, your greeted by a bit of young 'totty' in a tight fitting skirt with her arse sticking out (nice).

Bob was going to really lay it on to her, hard and firm (about his car, that is),
but he seemed to forget all about his troubles as he was sitting down on a plush leather sofa, watching a large flat screen t.v, drinking a coffee.

In fact he was so comfortable, that he did'nt realise he had been kept waiting for almost 4 Bloody Hours!!!

The place does'nt seem to run on any time or any paperwork come to that, I mean Bob wanted a print out of all the work carried out together with a list of all the parts that were fitted, but this place as I've said does'nt function on paperwork (just a lot of clueless totty walking about) and no 'suits to be seen anywhere!

Do they actually get paying customers there?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #1295
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

Addington Branch also known as 'Fort Knox'

How do Big Motoring World reel in customers?

They advertise non existant cars for sale, to 'wet' your appetite to get you to phone them up and make an appointment to go there.

When you arrive, you're greeted by a pushy salesman outside the sales office (no you can't walk round the car lot by yourself), who will ask you whether you've made an appointment.

He then takes you into the sales office first and gets all your details, name, address, financial position etc (before going onto the lot with you).

After all this, he says that the car you've come to see has been sold (surprise, surprise), but they have similar cars available (NO they hav'nt).:mad

The one's they have are usually more expensive, different spec or higher mileage!

When you tell the sales guy that there's nothing that interests you, they get the 'hump' and drop you like a hot coal!

After a few weeks their website is still advertising the same car that they told you had been sold!

How they ever manage to sell any cars at all completely amazes me!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #1296
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

Big Motoring World Making A Mint.

Even though this place sucks, Big Motoring World are making a fortune!!!

They are selling around 350 - 400 cars a month (throughout all their dealerships)!!!

That's around £700,000 - £800,000 Total Profit pm (based on £2k profit per car that they sell)!!!

On top of that they are taking in more money from their new service centre at Snodland (£75k - £100k pm)!!!

These are fairly conservative estimates, but it would be safe to say that overall £1+ million a month (£12 + million per year) would'nt be far out, especially if some of their motors make £3k profit each!!!

No wonder they've got their own helicopter!!!

Remember even with their bad track record of hundreds of unhappy customers,
their still in business and making a huge profit!!!

Just think what they could be making if they had repeat business as well!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #1297
Paulvr6
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2012, on order F30 330 MSpo

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixman View Post
Seriously though, WTF is wrong with these people. Sorry to be harsh, but it really makes me sick these days how companies can believe they can carry on with dodgy sales tactics. The internet has allowed people to air their views and experiences with the world instantly. Granted it's not great for some, as there are some (let's face it) nutters out there that would never be happy... but in general it has forced the 'good' companies to be better, as you can't just brush the dodgy customers under the rug... you have to deal with them and try to make them happy.

Hopefully companies that don't will go under very soon, especially in this climate, and companies that jump in on threads trying to promote themselves through false positive reviews will be even quicker to go down the toilet.

/rant
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #1298
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089
It looks like Big Motoring World have set up an online complaints website.... hmmmm....reminds me of Peverel, another bunch of incompetent morons aswell...
Oh I see you have the joy of suffering peverol too?

I was in the area of big yesterday, so I thought I should divert and get as far away as poss just to be safe.
Appreciate 0