E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > (BRAND NEW) RevMotoring Silicone Intake Hose for N52

06-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
klick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i M Sport 6MT

(BRAND NEW) RevMotoring Silicone Intake Hose for N52

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 50.00

Item Interest
SOLD

Up for sale is a RevMotoring Silicone Intake Hose for the N52. I believe it should also be able to fit the N51 engines no problem, since the intake and hose designs are similar. This hose replaces the plastic hose that connects the intake box to the intake manifold on the engine, deleting the noise filter in the process and allowing a smoother flow of air into the engine. It apparently allows for some performance gains as well.

Read about it here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013396

I just received this part yesterday, but am going to sell it since I have decided to go with an AFE intake instead.

E82 128i M-Sport 6MT - Black Metallic Sapphire - MFactory Helical LSD, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Swift Spec-R Springs, E90 M3 Front Sway Bar, M3 Front Control Arm Set, Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushings, Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, Active Autowerke N52 Tune, aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 CAI, Active Autowerke Headers, Custom Muffler Delete, BMW Performance SSK, ZHP Shift Knob, eBay Clutch Stop

Last edited by klick; 06-05-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
Silverbullete91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

aww and i just bought mine new last week
I would still install this part with your AFE
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #4
klick
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
aww and i just bought mine new last week
I would still install this part with your AFE
I believe the AFE intake already has a built in hose that replaces the stock one, so I will not be needing this one anymore. I do wish it was built as separate pieces though, because the intake looks like it will be a tough install since everything will have to fit together at once..
E82 128i M-Sport 6MT - Black Metallic Sapphire - MFactory Helical LSD, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Swift Spec-R Springs, E90 M3 Front Sway Bar, M3 Front Control Arm Set, Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushings, Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, Active Autowerke N52 Tune, aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 CAI, Active Autowerke Headers, Custom Muffler Delete, BMW Performance SSK, ZHP Shift Knob, eBay Clutch Stop
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 02:11 AM   #5
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick View Post
I believe the AFE intake already has a built in hose that replaces the stock one, so I will not be needing this one anymore. I do wish it was built as separate pieces though, because the intake looks like it will be a tough install since everything will have to fit together at once..
Iiiiii don't think so....I haven't seen an AFE intake that comes with a similar hose to remove the intake silencer. I may be wrong but maybe times have changed.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
klick
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
Iiiiii don't think so....I haven't seen an AFE intake that comes with a similar hose to remove the intake silencer. I may be wrong but maybe times have changed.
There is no "hose" that connects from the box to the manifold, since the hose that the cone filter mounts to is the "hose". That didn't make much sense....

The instructions on AFEs website for both intakes they sell for the N52 states that the stock intake hose is removed and replaced.
Appreciate 0