E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > 2008 58reg BMW 335D MSPORT Coupe REDUCED*low mileage* cheapest in UK,best colour

01-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #23
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

I agree with rogerxp, Does get frustrating selling stuff on here sometimes. Yes i wouldn't have worded ad quite the same as you did, but not big deal and not end of the world, didnt offend me really???, you were just bigging’ up the car. I like the way you at least came back with a decent genuine courteous reply to your keyboard terriorist critics.

Its a lovely looking car and i agree one of the better colour combos, so good luck with the sale, if not on here then elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2thoudriver View Post
..RogerXp

As i have said, i am a genuinely nice chap and an avid forum member for various different marques over the years and apologise if i have rubbed anyone up the wrong way.
Don't pay too much attention to me I'm just a grumpy old git. I think the merits of your car are obvious from the advert and even though I offered criticism of the advert, if I was in the market for a car like yours I would NOT have been put off. I happen to think the colour combination is great, and the competition wheels also look really good, so hopefully it will have plenty of appeal.

As for the navigation, some people think it essential, others dislike the nav and believe it to be user hostile and not as good as Tomtom etc.

I have had both and would prefer a car with nav, but not having it would not be a deal breaker, provided the rest of the spec and the condition were OK.

I've no view about the asking price. I just know its bloody tough to sell anything privately at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d M sport Coupe

Don't worry..

..jdcampbell I am a grumpy git too and completely see where you are coming from with the ad. As with my work, I have to do things quickly and sometimes they come back to bite.

No harm done and I have had some great feedback from the kind folks on here about what and how they sell.

All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed.

Re: the red interior, yes it does look brighter on photos for some bizarre reason, it's really not that bright.

Thank all and if you know anyone who is after a 335d in this spec with all new consumables (the annoying costs we inevitably all face) then feel free to send them my way.

Cheers

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #26
Mike oxlong
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335d A M Sport highline

Garage List
How much are the wheels/tyres bud?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
Boz335i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

IMO I would ignore the comment about 99% of people want nav. When I looked for mine I wanted it without the nav and with DCT, this would keep the cost down (as well as a bit of weight ) and increase the performance.

After all, these are performance cars.
M3 GTS don't come with nav or anything else for that matter, and they cost £120K. If I could get one of those for £60K I'd remortgage my house!!

Also I think the price should be a fraction under 20K, this isn't really based on any research, just that 58 plates over 20K don't really shift on here.

Last edited by Boz335i; 01-19-2012 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #28
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

wheels

Mike - Not sure about the price of the wheels and tyres yet as i'm waiting to see what the car sells for. I recon they'd fetch about £850, seems a fair price with the continental contact sport 3 tyres on??, fronts have about 6-7mm left, rears have about 4mm.

Bozz - re sat nav and price : good point about the weight etc. To be honest, the only reasons i didn't go for one with sat nav is due to the reports i read about the idrive being fiddly and the fact that 90% of the journeys i make i know where i'm going anyway.
Just under £20k is cheap from what i've seen. I've been offered a trade price of not far off that from a dealer, so a private sale should fetch more as there is no markup to take into account. I'd let it go for near that if the tyres were on the way out, i hadn't just serviced it at BMW and put new brakes on it, but i'd rather hold out for more and hope someone appreciates the value (and cost) of these items.

One thing i forgot to mention in the ad is that i have had lowered spring perches fitted on the front to remove 10mm gap in the arches as i thought it spoiled the look of it with the competition wheels on, with the back wheels filling the arches. All the suspension is unchanged and anaffected by the perches, it's purely a subtle cosmetic enhancement (i'm fussy).

Thanks

Rob

Last edited by s2thoudriver; 01-20-2012 at 02:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #29
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz335i View Post
IMO I would ignore the comment about 99% of people want nav. When I looked for mine I wanted it without the nav and with DCT, this would keep the cost down (as well as a bit of weight ) and increase the performance.

After all, these are performance cars.
M3 GTS don't come with nav or anything else for that matter, and they cost £120K. If I could get one of those for £60K I'd remortgage my house!!

Also I think the price should be a fraction under 20K, this isn't really based on any research, just that 58 plates over 20K don't really shift on here.
I'd hardly put a 335D in the same class as a GTS. Think about it a 335D is a great GT car and as a result useful to have NAV in.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #30
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

agreed, but...

... you can buy one for £2k less without sat nav and simply buy a fatastic iphone app and dash mount for next to nothing, using the £2k saving to pay for year of diesel, or a holiday, or a LSD and remap
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #31
335iLondon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Msport

Same old debate Nav vs No Nav.
Alls I know is my tom tom app on my phone is brilliant and a heck of alot easier to update I imagine.

Good luck with sale OP
It is a bit farcical the amount of negative posts on a for sale thread. IMO say something constructive or dont comment. Its not discussion it a for sale.

Anyway if you do end up splitting the wheels, Im very interested!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #32
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks 335iLondon..

... I wish the car was generating as much interest as the wheels

But i'll keep it in mind, thanks for the offer. I made sure the offset was absolutely correct so would not experience any rubbing issues whatsoever and when fitted, i got a lot of comments about how nice the car looked, so worth every penny in my opinion.

As with all these things, people have opinions about the car, advert, owner, but that's the nature of forums and everybody is entitled to their views. I just take it all with a pinch of salt as there's no harm intended by anyone and the good feedback is always appreciated.

Cheers

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #33
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLondon View Post
Same old debate Nav vs No Nav.
Alls I know is my tom tom app on my phone is brilliant and a heck of alot easier to update I imagine.

Good luck with sale OP
It is a bit farcical the amount of negative posts on a for sale thread. IMO say something constructive or dont comment. Its not discussion it a for sale.

Anyway if you do end up splitting the wheels, Im very interested!
My comments were not meant to be nagative. just commenting on the GTS comparision.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #34
HB330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 330i

Im interested in the wheels aswell! Could you pm me where you got them from (and how much they were if you dont mind)?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #35
335iLondon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
My comments were not meant to be nagative. just commenting on the GTS comparision.
ok pal, wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular.
Just a reoccurring theme, which will deter people from advertising on here, which would be bad for everyone.

Although, I get it if someone comes and posts about a 'tuning box' to give you 500bhp increase etc haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #36
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLondon View Post
ok pal, wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular.
Just a reoccurring theme, which will deter people from advertising on here, which would be bad for everyone.

Although, I get it if someone comes and posts about a 'tuning box' to give you 500bhp increase etc haha.
Agree. If someone is really trying it on. They sould get it in the neck
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #37
V88TAC
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Msport E92

Bargain! Id love to buy this car BUT!.. My insurance wont let me! Sorry but very nice car and lovely colour! Glwts!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #38
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks

You could always use the money saved on the car to pay for your insurance

Just an idea.

Getting quite a bit of interest in the car on pistongeads and eBay now but it seems everyone needs to px their car, which is unfortunately no good to me.

I'll be putting the wheels and tyres on eBay in the next week or so, but id rather sell to a forum member. I've had a few mails about them but will let them go to the highest offer. I'll be putting them on eBay for £800 with no reserve.

Kind regards

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #39
Jay2301
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 325i m sport

Quote:

Just an idea.

Getting quite a bit of interest in the car on pistongeads and eBay now but it seems everyone needs to px their car, which is unfortunately no good to me.

I'll be putting the wheels and tyres on eBay in the next week or so, but id rather sell to a forum member. I've had a few mails about them but will let them go to the highest offer. I'll be putting them on eBay for £800 with no reserve.

Kind regards

Rob
Yes Graphite is the best colour going IMO and no Nav is good for me, just wish i had the funds mate.

Ignore the BS negative comments (not taking to the seller etc).
There seems to be a small minority of posters on here hijacking FS threads with negative comments that actually have no interest in buying the car/item anyway .... very strange

Stunning car, you wont need any luck selling that.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #40
335iLondon
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Just an idea.

Kind regards

Rob
Why not start a for-sale thread on here and stipulate people to post their offer.
Ie first bid 500 then next member to post has to better that?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #41
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

That's a good idea..

335iLondon, but the price would start a lot higher than £500 :-)

I'll see what happens with the car as someone might want it with those wheels on instead.

Regards

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #42
335iLondon
Captain
Rep

Ok pal I know what you mean, worth more, but start lower and gain more interest maybe?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #43
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
335iLondon, but the price would start a lot higher than £500 :-)

I'll see what happens with the car as someone might want it with those wheels on instead.

Regards

Rob
I'd keep the wheels just now.

A good bargaining tool when doing a deal on the car as lots of people like 2 sets of wheels for winter tyres.

Looks a clean car. Best of luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #44
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Reduced further

Hi All

Just to let you know I'm reducing the price to £20,999 which looking at what's out there, seems to be the same price as a 57 plate with 60-80k on the clock.

This is now a bargain! But my new car awaits so could ideally do to sell my 335d

Cheers

Rob
Appreciate 0