E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Having trouble finding CSL style add on for E90

09-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Having trouble finding CSL style add on for E90

I've googled my brains out and i'm just posting and hoping for the best...
The closest thing i found of what i'm looking for is on E92-Lighting.com but it's for E92...

They're pre-painted and they apply right to the trunk. I want this particular type for a few reasons...

1. I have a dent in my trunk that's not repairable by PDR and it's on the same panel as the BMW emblem, this add-on would be perfect to cover it up while adding some style
2. Trying to steer clear of Carbon Fiber all together (to me it's overrated, no offense to you CF users out there - more power to you)
3. Pre painted, i don't want to spend $600+ on getting my trunk re-painted or $300 on getting a carbon fiber one (that will likely cost around $500 itself) painted Jet Black...

can someone point me in the right direction?

Link to E92 style...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227884

http://3ddesign.jp/pro_aero_images/p...0_trunk02B.jpg
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
LocDawgg
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW e90

idk the price of that, you would have to PM them. But i do know that its by 3D design which is a japanese market company. All parts come straight from japan so it could be pricey. Let me know the price of it. Also you might want to consider buying a new CSL Trunk, could be worth it depending on the price of the spoiler.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560933
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawgg View Post
idk the price of that, you would have to PM them. But i do know that its by 3D design which is a japanese market company. All parts come straight from japan so it could be pricey. Let me know the price of it. Also you might want to consider buying a new CSL Trunk, could be worth it depending on the price of the spoiler.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560933
That's about what i'm looking for, BUT... i go to the link to their page and they don't sell it anymore i don't think... O_o'

I found these through Google, but they don't encompass the whole end of the trunk, which is what i need to cover up that gnarly dent... not what i'm looking for

***overall, it's looking more and more like i'm either gonna keep that dent for a while, spend the $600 on getting the whole trunk refinished, or just get a CF CSL trunk and get it painted later with the rest of my car... the whole car has nicks and dings here and there from little kids in the neighborhood [with no respect for other peoples' property] so a paint job is inevitable anyway...

-just to tack on to this... about 7 months ago this little kid, maybe 6 years old at most, is riding up and down our apartments' driveway while i'm washing my car riding his bike towards my car as fast as he can and stops as close as he can without hitting my door panel, and does this once more before i'm over at the parents' house warning them it'll be very very expensive for them if their kid continues to play around my car and blah blah blah... not even two steps off of their porch - BAM!- HUGE crater in my passenger's door panel... had to go to court to get the money off of them (they tried to claim their little boy got hurt on MY property - seriously, wtf?) but i ended up getting all damages taken care of for a little over $3,600 including new door all together, labor costs, and new paint which had to match the rest of the car so the whole car had to be de-swirled and finished... and an additional $4,000 pocketed due to devalue of my car (the incident had to go on my Insurance and VIN)
it's great when the system works... but the system doesn't fix stupid little kids

Last edited by N0OS3; 09-20-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

****bump****
Appreciate 0