E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Let's have a coilovers - springs - shocks discussion!

02-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #265
AadilF1
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

Hi guys, does anyone know if the E90 (2006) 320D has the same legs/springs as a 2009 (facelift) E90 320D?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #266
nickshiftm3
Rep
Drives: not a bmw (yet)

NEED ADVICE

I'm looking to buy a 2007 328i which has been lowered on blisten sport struts and H&R Race Springs

1. Before buying I would like to know if anyone else in canada is running a similar setup and how is the winter driving? I'm from montreal so our winters are pretty bad and I'm worried of getting stuck way too often.

2. Also would H&R Sport springs be a better option for daily driving including winter?

(I will always be running winter tires in winter so that's not a factor)

3. Finally, I would like to know how bad is the camber with the race springs and what camber kit would you recommend to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #267
neiltrader
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

what about rear shock mounts? how much difference does it make? I saw someonline that say they never wear out and are high performance. I don't take my car on the track and it's a stock model 328xi but I want to start doing th ebest I can with what I have. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #268
squaredphoto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltrader View Post
what about rear shock mounts? how much difference does it make? I saw some online that say they never wear out and are high performance. I don't take my car on the track and it's a stock model 328xi but I want to start doing the best I can with what I have. thanks!
Stock rear upper suspension mounts are extremely soft - a little firmer that those pink pencil erasers. With coilovers, they act like another source of dampening and don't let the coilover work. When you press down on the car in the rear, you can see just the mount flexing up and down, coilovers aren't even engaged. I would replace them. AKG Motorsports makes two hardness options - I have these.

No increase in NVH.

I want to try the rear suspension mounts next
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #269
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltrader View Post
what about rear shock mounts? how much difference does it make? I saw someonline that say they never wear out and are high performance. I don't take my car on the track and it's a stock model 328xi but I want to start doing th ebest I can with what I have. thanks!
I'd go full poly for those, the stock ones are like a sponge. Negligible difference in NVH.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #270
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshiftm3 View Post
NEED ADVICE

I'm looking to buy a 2007 328i which has been lowered on blisten sport struts and H&R Race Springs

1. Before buying I would like to know if anyone else in canada is running a similar setup and how is the winter driving? I'm from montreal so our winters are pretty bad and I'm worried of getting stuck way too often.

2. Also would H&R Sport springs be a better option for daily driving including winter?

(I will always be running winter tires in winter so that's not a factor)

3. Finally, I would like to know how bad is the camber with the race springs and what camber kit would you recommend to fix it?
Can't comment on the H&R stuff, but the camber will not be "bad". You just need an alignment as lowering the car will make the angles change
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #271
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9t2hoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyestsparks View Post
When you mean full twist on the rear and 7/8 twist on the front; is it 1 full twist and 7/8 twist from the softest setting to the stiffest setting? Thanks.
Yes, that's it.
What springs on the Koni Yellows are you running? Are you using the non adjustable rear shock or the custom rear shock from Dinan?

Hows the ride been, since you've put some more time on the setup since you last posted, maybe even better now after breaking the setup in..?

How are the roads in your area? Is that a concern for you personally
Appreciate 0