E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Tint and adding felt to window seal

11-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
NicoleD
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 MT

Tint and adding felt to window seal

I was recommended by my BMW dealership to a window tint shop in town, that has also been recommended by some on this forum - very reputable. Having read about some of the issues with the windows scratching the tint, I asked if he adds or could add felt to prevent this. He told me that felt was already there, and that it didn't need to be added. He continued to say that any scraches would be the result of sand/dirt getting down in there. Can anyone confirm that felt is already in place?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
RedDinan335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Red 335i Coupe

My tint shop said they'd rather cover any scratches under the tint warranty than take the panel off and add/remove felt.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
bkall4u
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Nav/Sport/Prem/man

sounds true, my tint shop said the exact same thing. They have offered to redo the tint for like $30 on the front as I do have some scratches. I would just plan on having your tint redone every 6-12months
Appreciate 0