E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC iDrive not communicating

09-21-2021, 10:27 PM   #1
mr.bangle3
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

CCC iDrive not communicating

So I bought my e92 very used and one on the problems I still haven't dealt eith is the iDrive system. Basically, I get the error codes in my dash but I cannot view these codes in my iDrive system. When I go to do a "system check" or whatever it's called, the button is grayed out. Same with all of the service lights, they just show a triangle and no information. I have tried resetting the service intervals through the dash but to no avail. Does anyone know if this can be fixed?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bangle3 View Post
So I bought my e92 very used and one on the problems I still haven't dealt eith is the iDrive system. Basically, I get the error codes in my dash but I cannot view these codes in my iDrive system. When I go to do a "system check" or whatever it's called, the button is grayed out. Same with all of the service lights, they just show a triangle and no information. I have tried resetting the service intervals through the dash but to no avail. Does anyone know if this can be fixed?
Hmmm... This is interesting.
Please bear with me as I have more experience with the CIC system.
Last time I used a CCC was in an E65 750Li some 6 years ago, so I'm a bit rusty.

I assume you're going into Car Data and the entry for Check Control is grayed out? Do all other aspects of the system work (eg. Nav, Climate, Entertainment)?

You should be able to arrow through the error messages by using the down button on the BC stalk to cycle to Check Control in the instrument cluster, and then pushing in BC to display stored errors.

If you haven't picked up a K+DCAN cable and a copy of INPA / ISTA, I'd highly recommend it. Invaluable tool.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2021, 12:40 PM   #3
mr.bangle3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
Quote:
Hmmm... This is interesting.
Please bear with me as I have more experience with the CIC system.
Last time I used a CCC was in an E65 750Li some 6 years ago, so I'm a bit rusty.

I assume you're going into Car Data and the entry for Check Control is grayed out? Do all other aspects of the system work (eg. Nav, Climate, Entertainment)?

You should be able to arrow through the error messages by using the down button on the BC stalk to cycle to Check Control in the instrument cluster, and then pushing in BC to display stored errors.

If you haven't picked up a K+DCAN cable and a copy of INPA / ISTA, I'd highly recommend it. Invaluable tool.
Yes everything is still functional and I can still use the stalk to scroll through errors but it doesn't give me the detailed messages such as which bulb is out on there, which is aggravating. I have a cable that the guy I bought the car from gave to me, but I have no clue how to use it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep

A picture of the cable would be helpful, but assuming it's a standard K+DCAN cable, you should be able to install INPA or ISTA+ (search for Bimmergeeks Tools in Google to find a download link) and interface with the car.

Is the CCC unit original to the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
mr.bangle3
Rep

Quote:
A picture of the cable would be helpful, but assuming it's a standard K+DCAN cable, you should be able to install INPA or ISTA+ (search for Bimmergeeks Tools in Google to find a download link) and interface with the car.

Im not 100% sure to be honest, but I'm willing to bet that it's not original.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 03:40 PM   #6
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I wonder…

Is it an aftermarket unit?
If you attach a photo of the display we should be able to tell if it's a BMW unit or some aftermarket Android thing…
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 09:59 PM   #7
mr.bangle3
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder…

Is it an aftermarket unit?
If you attach a photo of the display we should be able to tell if it's a BMW unit or some aftermarket Android thing…
Oh, yes it's a bmw unit. I thought you meant original as in 2007 original lol.
Appreciate 0