E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY Resetting Airbag Module, Carly for BMW

08-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #1
Beairmo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

DIY Resetting Airbag Module, Carly for BMW

Car was in very minor front end crash and airbags deployed. I am attempting to repair it myself. I could really use some help.

I used my Carly for BMW to read all the codes and have six. Here is the list:

Airbag:
- Fault: Central control timeout
- Code: 0093A8
- Fault: Airbag driver 2.Stage
- Code: 0093B4
- Fault: ZK1 belt tensioner driver
- Code: 0093A9
- Fault: Right-curtain airbags
- Code: 0093B1
- Fault: Safety battery terminal
- Code: 0093B2
- Fault: :wind up driver / seat belt driver / rollover problem
- Code: 009419

1. If I replace the airbag in the steering wheel, will that fault code go away? Or do I need to send the airbag module out for reset? Can the Carly reset the faults in the module?

2. If I send the airbag module out, get it reset, then hook it back up without fixing all faults, when I hook it up to the car will it cause the faults to be set again and have to send it out again for reset?

Thanks in advance for the help! Looking forward to contributing on here in the future.
      08-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
86rexer
0-335 in 4.9 seconds.....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beairmo View Post
Car was in very minor front end crash and airbags deployed. I am attempting to repair it myself. I could really use some help.

I used my Carly for BMW to read all the codes and have six. Here is the list:

Airbag:
- Fault: Central control timeout
- Code: 0093A8
- Fault: Airbag driver 2.Stage
- Code: 0093B4
- Fault: ZK1 belt tensioner driver
- Code: 0093A9
- Fault: Right-curtain airbags
- Code: 0093B1
- Fault: Safety battery terminal
- Code: 0093B2
- Fault: :wind up driver / seat belt driver / rollover problem
- Code: 009419

1. If I replace the airbag in the steering wheel, will that fault code go away? Or do I need to send the airbag module out for reset? Can the Carly reset the faults in the module?

2. If I send the airbag module out, get it reset, then hook it back up without fixing all faults, when I hook it up to the car will it cause the faults to be set again and have to send it out again for reset?

Thanks in advance for the help! Looking forward to contributing on here in the future.
You should be able to reset the faults with the new airbags in place. The Carly app will give you a warning first that a professional should reset the faults...or something to that effect.
The belt tensioner driver needs to be completely replaced (which is simple to do) and at that point that code can be reset with the Carly.
As far as other ones (battery and roll over) are concerned, I have never encountered them , I believe the battery disconnects in the event of an accident so a part or all parts of the connections to the battery might need to be replaced.

Good luck
Appreciate 0