E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > TC Kline Dis-Satisfaction

05-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
ajp0374
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

TC Kline Dis-Satisfaction

Just looking for a little input from the forum, I did a lot of research and decided to purchase the TC Kline Racing coil over for my 09’ 335xi. I had installed with a local shop and everything went fine expect that the front struts, at lowest setting, are higher than stock. I have been working directly with TC Kline and local shop to try and resolve issue. TC Kline site states coil over has a 2” height adjustment both front and rear. The install was last Tuesday, 01MAY12, and I’m getting a lot of, it’s the strut and it’s the install. I do understand TC Kline’s unwillingness to replace front struts and try to figure out issue but it’s getting a little old. Any thoughts on a course of action, if I return the coils I’ll have to pay the local shop to do the work and install another set. Kinda in a pickle here unless TC figures out what the problem is. I’ve been told he’s waiting for Koni and past customers to give him feedback on the set. They are claiming with this set they used a different spring and that could be the issue. Stock and Koni struts are the same length and they have not heard of any other issues.

[IMG]
IMG_6989 by ajp0374, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Are you sure the struts are seated all the way down in the hub clamp?
      05-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Looks like either struts aren't seated completely in the hub or in the pillow mounts.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi coupe

Did u get the swift springs?? Also whats the height of the f/r springs?
      05-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
ajp0374
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

From what I'm told springs are 7" and he may possibly send 6" to bring it down. Has another customer with the 6" and they want the 7" because it's too low. I also believe they are Swift springs.

I can also ask if seated properly but I'm guessing they already checked.

Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

I have tckline tru match and after a while I realized the springs that they come with are somewhat smaller or bigger (can't member) in diameter than they should be so they tend to keep hitting the struts. They knew they made a mistake with em but didn't offer to help in anyway than say you need to buy new springs. I eventually found a solution with the help of Harold but I would have preferred them to send me the correct size springs instead.

The feedback I've received fm other tckline owners on other forums is that they are notoriously lacking in customer service dept but do put out quality products once they figure stuff out. I guess that's the diff between buying Ohlins or Jrz & TCK
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335

Last edited by swifty; 05-10-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Contrary to what some may believe, we do try and deliver the highest level of customer service. In this case, we tried to accommodate the OP with what he wanted to get out of his vehicle with our products. At the end of the day, I hope the OP will attest that we tried out best to make him happy, and that we both walked away from this situation feeling that it ended amicably.

If anyone on this forum ever feels they are not getting the attention or customer service they deserve from TC Kline PLEASE feel free to shoot me a PM, call me (614 771 7744) or send me an email with anything you would wish to address (kale@tcklineracing.com). We are eager to change your view.

Thanks,

Kale
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

So what's the end result?? Did u get the 6" springs?? Did u check the installation ?? I'm interested cause I might be ordering these as well
      05-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
Contrary to what some may believe, we do try and deliver the highest level of customer service. In this case, we tried to accommodate the OP with what he wanted to get out of his vehicle with our products. At the end of the day, I hope the OP will attest that we tried out best to make him happy, and that we both walked away from this situation feeling that it ended amicably.

If anyone on this forum ever feels they are not getting the attention or customer service they deserve from TC Kline PLEASE feel free to shoot me a PM, call me (614 771 7744) or send me an email with anything you would wish to address (kale@tcklineracing.com). We are eager to change your view.

Thanks,

Kale
sent PM
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
sent PM
Thanks, replied.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I don't know, something's definitely wrong with that picture though.

Did TCKline at least acknowledge that? Seems like they wanted to help...

Like many auto parts, the company should offer reimbursement for service fees in order to correct the manufacturer's part issue. A quality company like TCKline should stand behind their product enough to do that.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
E90335iflyer
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5,BMW 335i, Porsche GT3
Location: JFK, SFO, LAX, NRT, TPE, PVG, HKG, LHR, ATH, MUC, FRA, SIN

What was the verdict? I am considering TCK's, but reading what the OP had to say I am backing away, but then it sounded like TCK did what they could to make the customer happy. There hasn't been anymore posts from the OP so everything is good?

Just looking for feedbacks so I can decide on a good Koni single coil over system.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #13
mrbillytalent
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '99 e46 323i & '07 e90 335i

I've heard nothing but praises with TCK. This is crazy. I'm sure they worked it out, in for update
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90335iflyer View Post
What was the verdict? I am considering TCK's, but reading what the OP had to say I am backing away, but then it sounded like TCK did what they could to make the customer happy. There hasn't been anymore posts from the OP so everything is good?

Just looking for feedbacks so I can decide on a good Koni single coil over system.

I am glad you asked about this. I do have clarification for this! Originally we had done many kits for the E9x All wheel drive vehicles that did not have the 'sport' package. The OP was our first customer with a sport package. Because of the ~ 15mm lower ride height from the factory he was not able to lower the front ride height.

This problem was solved by 'custom shortening' the front strut by an inch. Now all of the coil-over suspensions for the E9x, All wheel drive, cars come with a 'custom shortened' front strut. This gives the ability to lower the car by one inch over stock and still retain the OEM compression travel. Therefore, ride quality will be excellent AND the chance of bottoming out will almost be eliminated.

This process costs a little more, but the end result is as follows:

A height adjustable coil-over suspension, that allows a dramatic increase in the handling dynamic and allows rebound adjustability for those who want to change the ride firmness for street and track flexibility!

The kit we show online is the current kit, and includes these shorter front struts.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs...Details690.cfm

Those who are using the regular 'off the shelf' Koni parts (8741-1535L&R Sport) are not able to lower the car more than a half inch and still often have problems bottoming out on major bumps. When lowering a car properly it is important to realize that you must retain the proper suspension travel in order to give great ride quality and offer an awesome performance gain!

I hope this helps clarify everything. I am confident that those who install our suspension will enjoy the great benefits of an extremely comfortable street suspension, enhances the aggressive appearance of the car, and if you take it to the track or an autocross it will have the opportunity to earn the envy of others with better times!
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
mrbillytalent
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '99 e46 323i & '07 e90 335i

Quote:
I am glad you asked about this. I do have clarification for this! Originally we had done many kits for the E9x All wheel drive vehicles that did not have the 'sport' package. The OP was our first customer with a sport package. Because of the ~ 15mm lower ride height from the factory he was not able to lower the front ride height.

This problem was solved by 'custom shortening' the front strut by an inch. Now all of the coil-over suspensions for the E9x, All wheel drive, cars come with a 'custom shortened' front strut. This gives the ability to lower the car by one inch over stock and still retain the OEM compression travel. Therefore, ride quality will be excellent AND the chance of bottoming out will almost be eliminated.

This process costs a little more, but the end result is as follows:

A height adjustable coil-over suspension, that allows a dramatic increase in the handling dynamic and allows rebound adjustability for those who want to change the ride firmness for street and track flexibility!

The kit we show online is the current kit, and includes these shorter front struts.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs...Details690.cfm

Those who are using the regular 'off the shelf' Koni parts (8741-1535L&R Sport) are not able to lower the car more than a half inch and still often have problems bottoming out on major bumps. When lowering a car properly it is important to realize that you must retain the proper suspension travel in order to give great ride quality and offer an awesome performance gain!

I hope this helps clarify everything. I am confident that those who install our suspension will enjoy the great benefits of an extremely comfortable street suspension, enhances the aggressive appearance of the car, and if you take it to the track or an autocross it will have the opportunity to earn the envy of others with better times!

And faith is renewed!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

New there was more to this story.
      08-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #17
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

I just received mine for my xi and I love them. Got the D/A for rear and I should of gotten the front also....yes they are pricey but a great product.

For the drop concern, don't worry u can slam the shit out of it.......

Get camber plates if u track.....
      08-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred View Post
I just received mine for my xi and I love them. Got the D/A for rear and I should of gotten the front also....yes they are pricey but a great product.

Wow, I didn't know that TCK made a D/A set for the XI's. Is this something new?
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
ibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Can you clarify this for me some more? Purely for my own knowledge.

I wasn't aware that there was an XI "sport" suspension. Everything I've come across stated that the suspension on XI's with or without the "sport package" uses the same suspension system and thus I'm assuming should theoretically have the same ride height.
COBB Stage 2+ | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | ER FMIC & CP | Tial Q | Injen CAI | VRSF DP | BMS OCC | KW V3 | M3 Rear SFB / Sway Bar / Susp Bits / Strut Brace | Megan Racing Toe Arms | HPA Swaybar Endlinks | Apex EC-7 | Michelin PSS | MH 75mm Stud Conv | OEM Perf Grills and Diffuser | Exotics Tuning Front Lip | LUX H8 | Luminics Krypton JDM Yellow | LLumar 35%
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #20
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibo
Quote:

Wow, I didn't know that TCK made a D/A set for the XI's. Is this something new?
Yea they do but will cost u over $3K.....
      08-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #21
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibo
Quote:
Can you clarify this for me some more? Purely for my own knowledge.

I wasn't aware that there was an XI "sport" suspension. Everything I've come across stated that the suspension on XI's with or without the "sport package" uses the same suspension system and thus I'm assuming should theoretically have the same ride height.
You are correct on that one. There's no sport suspension with sport package on xi models. I have sport package on mine and it doesn't drive like the "i" model sport package.
      08-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #22
ibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yea they do but will cost u over $3K.....
Damn...i guess that's out of the question for me. Jealous of yours though, haha.

Quote:
You are correct on that one. There's no sport suspension with sport package on xi models. I have sport package on mine and it doesn't drive like the "i" model sport package.
That was what I thought, but it clashes with the explanation TC Kline provided about the issue with the OP's coilovers.
Appreciate 0