E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW performance exhaust review.. yes another one

09-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
SunyD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i MSport

OP, I'm glad you like your enjoying the PE. Your experience just wants me to get one even more now.

To all you experts out there with PE's, I have an n54 e90 and looking to get one soon too. Right now I have my DP off, but if I do put them on again later, do you think leaving the stock e90 resonator in would help with the rasp of the PE. I would rather do that then put the x-pipe and find out I need to put a couple Vibrants in there to take the rasp out. Tried to look for a video or anything doing the same and came up empty.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
I3ossman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
Not that i dont believe you, but can you get some HIGH QUALITY vids of your exhaust from the exterior of your car. I find it hard to believe that someone with the exame same exhaust but different downpipes can sound magically amazing, while others say the rasp is terrible. Maybe you're desensitized to the raspiness? People say they love my exhaust all the time, but when i ask my honest friends, they admit it sounds a bit terrible at times.
Any suggestions on a high quality camera geared to recording accurate audio? My camcorder is lilke 5yrs old only 720p and takes horrible audio..

again no one has said anything negative.. trust me we bust balls these are all close friends, they'd love nothing more than to tell me how shitty it sounds
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
Not that i dont believe you, but can you get some HIGH QUALITY vids of your exhaust from the exterior of your car. I find it hard to believe that someone with the exame same exhaust but different downpipes can sound magically amazing, while others say the rasp is terrible. Maybe you're desensitized to the raspiness? People say they love my exhaust all the time, but when i ask my honest friends, they admit it sounds a bit terrible at times.
Any suggestions on a high quality camera geared to recording accurate audio? My camcorder is lilke 5yrs old only 720p and takes horrible audio..

again no one has said anything negative.. trust me we bust balls these are all close friends, they'd love nothing more than to tell me how shitty it sounds
I've got a canon rebel t2i that I just picked up an external mic for. I'm gonna try to make some vids this weekend. Most cameras have terrible mics, key is to purchase a good external. I think. Go pro with an external should even be good.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #26
WickedB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Where's the best place to buy the PE exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #27
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

I've read really good reviews about the PE, thats why i've bought one myself as well. I did quite a youtubing to see the best example but i think they all sound a bit rice. I really hope it is as good as everyone says.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #28
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
I've read really good reviews about the PE, thats why i've bought one myself as well. I did quite a youtubing to see the best example but i think they all sound a bit rice. I really hope it is as good as everyone says.
I really think that you will enjoy it. It really does sound great.

The drama is only if you want downpipes, but this can be addressed with quality resonators.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #29
messi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i MSport Coupe 6AT

Quote:
The videos do not do this exhaust justice. Can't comment on the down pipes. But you will have no regrets with this exhaust. I have owned numerous cars and put many exhaust systems on. Never I have seen a simple axle back transform a cars persnality like this has.
      09-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #30
scflaw
Captain
Rep

Awesome~! I trust you guys, thats why i got it haha. Most expensive exhaust i've bought in awhile. This axel back costs more than a turboback exhaust i've had on my Audi A3
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #31
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Awesome~! I trust you guys, thats why i got it haha. Most expensive exhaust i've bought in awhile. This axel back costs more than a turboback exhaust i've had on my Audi A3
True that it is expensive, but it sounds incredible!!!

But anyway what is cheap with BMW anyway???
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
I've owned all the exhausts people hype up on here. BMW PE is hands down my fav, you won't be dissapointed.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #33
scflaw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I've owned all the exhausts people hype up on here. BMW PE is hands down my fav, you won't be dissapointed.
Awesome! Is it obnoxiously loud? some people have said it sounds similar to a nice porsche.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #34
135Hoser
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 m4 zcp

I have the BMW PE. Only time I hate it (And this is only because my procede requires a placeholder code, so the flapper is permanently open) is on cold start up, when it's enriching the mixture and the engine sits at 1100 rpm. it sounds HORRIBLE then. I also have resonated dp's with no cats.

Otherwise, the other 99% of the time it sounds AWESOME and isn't too loud for my liking. It gurgles, it spits, and rumbles. It sounds just so damn good. It makes the car sound 5 times meaner than it actually is.

At normal idle, and even cruising it's not really noticeable, and I usually roll my window down when I'm gonna be playing the WOT game.

I will never, ever be changing out the axleback section of my exhaust. Nothing will sound better.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 01:16 AM   #35
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Hoser
I have the BMW PE. Only time I hate it (And this is only because my procede requires a placeholder code, so the flapper is permanently open) is on cold start up, when it's enriching the mixture and the engine sits at 1100 rpm. it sounds HORRIBLE then. I also have resonated dp's with no cats.

Otherwise, the other 99% of the time it sounds AWESOME and isn't too loud for my liking. It gurgles, it spits, and rumbles. It sounds just so damn good. It makes the car sound 5 times meaner than it actually is.

At normal idle, and even cruising it's not really noticeable, and I usually roll my window down when I'm gonna be playing the WOT game.

I will never, ever be changing out the axleback section of my exhaust. Nothing will sound better.
I thought only the euro pe had the flap?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #36
scflaw
Captain
Rep

i ordered the euro version, so i hope there is a flap. There hasn't been any pictures posted of the Euro PE, at least i haven't found one yet. Still waiting for it to get to HKG, living on an island sucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #37
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

I have euro spec BMW PE and can confirm it has the flap on LHS
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #38
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Hoser View Post

How did it compare to the FFE you had?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #39
messi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i MSport Coupe 6AT

Update. I don't see why people hate the cold start up so much. I kinda love it.
      09-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #40
135Hoser
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 m4 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
How did it compare to the FFE you had?
Someone needs to take my late night posting privileges away. Got confused between the Dinan FFE and the BMW PE.

Sorry!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #41
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
i ordered the euro version, so i hope there is a flap. There hasn't been any pictures posted of the Euro PE, at least i haven't found one yet. Still waiting for it to get to HKG, living on an island sucks.
Is there a difference between euro and US version? I'm in the market for a PE but dont know the difference. Also Where is a good place to buy them?/ maybe a GB? I'm in australia so I need shipping thx
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #42
scflaw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Is there a difference between euro and US version? I'm in the market for a PE but dont know the difference. Also Where is a good place to buy them?/ maybe a GB? I'm in australia so I need shipping thx
Shipping for a product that size will be crazy. I'd recommend buying it from a vendor from australia. The price of the PE and then with shipping from the states =
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #43
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Shipping for a product that size will be crazy. I'd recommend buying it from a vendor from australia. The price of the PE and then with shipping from the states =
I mena In the states you can get one for under $1k plus shipping $300 probably? still cheaper than here in australia.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #44
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Buy one kaitan, I want to hear it in person. Listening it from youtube just doesn't cut it!
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0