E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Shout out to Joe@TopGearSolutions for coding!

02-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
kisarci
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Shout out to Joe@TopGearSolutions for coding!

Just wanted to say thanks to Joe@TopGearSolutions! He coded my car last year with a bunch of personal settings I wanted and got it done perfectly. Just recently, I had a lot of coding issues with my new AHL/SMC II module and also my FRM2 module. I hit up Joe, which he promptly responded and got it done within a day after I sent the payment! He did all of this remotely. Just watching him do his thing, he definitely knows what he's doing. He got my car coded perfectly again. Communication with him was absolutely no problem. I was talking to him about getting this coded for almost 2 weeks. He always responded promptly. Thanks again Joe! I'll always be going to you for my coding needs as long as you don't disappear! heh
      02-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks! Glad we were able to get it taken care of.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
ecko04
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Reached out to Joe on Tuesday to have the PPK coded. He got back to me on Friday. My cable, which I picked up from Amazon and battery tender arrived on Sunday. Paid my invoice on Sunday. We setup an appointment for Monday at 9. We got started around 9:15. Finished exactly at 10am. Everything went off without a hitch...even my 100ft extension cable from my 4th floor balcony for the battery tender.

I'm sure that I could've done the coding myself but given Joe's level of expertise, knowledge about coding and relatively nominal fee TGS charges for the PPK service; it was worthwhile for me to have someone who knows the software inside & out complete the process.

Thanks again Joe!

Tender that I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I highly recommend it. My battery started off at 44% charged since I don't drive much. When I plugged in the tender around 8:55am. By 9:10am it was 71% charged. By the time Joe started at 9:15am and we finished at 10am, the battery was 100% charged and the tender was then simply maintaining the charge as opposed to charging.

The tender is plug and play, easiest thing to use by far. Had I not had the tender my battery would've been completely dead, and possibly could have led to a failed flash and a visit to the dealership. Immediately upon plugging in the tender and attaching it to the battery, it began doing it thing of charging and maintaining the charge.

PeleusTech INPA K+CAN K+DCAN ODB-USB interface https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I used Windows 10 and I didn't even have to bother with the drivers. Simply plugged in the cable and Windows took care of the rest. Didn't have to bother with any drivers or supplied CD, which my tablet lacked a CD drive anyway. Joe did not have to spend any time fumbling about with drivers.

Painless process!

Joe even went as far as to ask if there was anything else I needed. Knowing nothing about coding, I simply said no. Great guy!

Thanks Joe and TGS!
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Reached out to Joe on Tuesday to have the PPK coded. He got back to me on Friday. My cable, which I picked up from Amazon and battery tender arrived on Sunday. Paid my invoice on Sunday. We setup an appointment for Monday at 9. We got started around 9:15. Finished exactly at 10am. Everything went off without a hitch...even my 100ft extension cable from my 4th floor balcony for the battery tender.

I'm sure that I could've done the coding myself but given Joe's level of expertise, knowledge about coding and relatively nominal fee TGS charges for the PPK service; it was worthwhile for me to have someone who knows the software inside & out complete the process.

Thanks again Joe!

Tender that I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I highly recommend it. My battery started off at 44% charged since I don't drive much. When I plugged in the tender around 8:55am. By 9:10am it was 71% charged. By the time Joe started at 9:15am and we finished at 10am, the battery was 100% charged and the tender was then simply maintaining the charge as opposed to charging.

The tender is plug and play, easiest thing to use by far. Had I not had the tender my battery would've been completely dead, and possibly could have led to a failed flash and a visit to the dealership. Immediately upon plugging in the tender and attaching it to the battery, it began doing it thing of charging and maintaining the charge.

PeleusTech INPA K+CAN K+DCAN ODB-USB interface https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I used Windows 10 and I didn't even have to bother with the drivers. Simply plugged in the cable and Windows took care of the rest. Didn't have to bother with any drivers or supplied CD, which my tablet lacked a CD drive anyway. Joe did not have to spend any time fumbling about with drivers.

Painless process!

Joe even went as far as to ask if there was anything else I needed. Knowing nothing about coding, I simply said no. Great guy!

Thanks Joe and TGS!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #5
1junkie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i Convertible

I was about an hour away from Knoxville yesterday and set up a time to meet with Joe. Met him at his place and in about an hour I was off on my way with the PPK and its glorious sounding pops and burbles. He also programmed in a couple of other options that I have wanted to figure out for a while. He's an awesome guy and very helpful.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1junkie View Post
I was about an hour away from Knoxville yesterday and set up a time to meet with Joe. Met him at his place and in about an hour I was off on my way with the PPK and its glorious sounding pops and burbles. He also programmed in a couple of other options that I have wanted to figure out for a while. He's an awesome guy and very helpful.
Appreciate the visit, was good meeting a fellow Kentucky bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Thanks to everyone, all PMs replied.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
silto
Rep
Drives: 135i e82

I want to thank Joe for his job! I'm from Germany and he did it all via remote and it was incredible. I'm enjoying every minute with the car now (PPK installed)! Awesome!! Thank's Joe!
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
Packin4
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Yep, Joe is the Coding Man. Efficient and knows what he is doing, couldn't have done it without him. But I'm not giving up my e28, at least I can still work on it without a computer!
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #10
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packin4 View Post
Yep, Joe is the Coding Man. Efficient and knows what he is doing, couldn't have done it without him. But I'm not giving up my e28, at least I can still work on it without a computer!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #11
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Im just gonna say it, Joe is the foremost expert on coding these cars. I wouldnt go to anyone else for help. Thanks again!
Appreciate 2
      07-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #12
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Thanks everyone, all PMs replied.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #13
Bjr888
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thanks to Joe at TopGear Solutions for all the hard work and help he provided me with coding my car. He went the extra mile for me and I am really enjoying the fruits of his labor. Great job
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #14
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjr888 View Post
Thanks to Joe at TopGear Solutions for all the hard work and help he provided me with coding my car. He went the extra mile for me and I am really enjoying the fruits of his labor. Great job
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #15
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

All messages responded to, thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #16
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

All coding requests have been responded to and cables have been shipped.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #17
starbuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport

Another positive experience getting PPK flashed to my 2011 335i Xdrive (N55). I live in Canada and finding someone other than the dealer to do the flash is very difficult.

Joe setup a remote flashing session which took under 45 mins and was really easy to setup for. I already had the K+DCAN cable and a battery charger that could maintain a charge at 12A. The price Joe charges is also very reasonable compared to the dealer.

Net result, the car feels a bit faster, smoother power delivery, and yes, I can hear the exhaust burble!

Thanks again Joe!
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Another positive experience getting PPK flashed to my 2011 335i Xdrive (N55). I live in Canada and finding someone other than the dealer to do the flash is very difficult.

Joe setup a remote flashing session which took under 45 mins and was really easy to setup for. I already had the K+DCAN cable and a battery charger that could maintain a charge at 12A. The price Joe charges is also very reasonable compared to the dealer.

Net result, the car feels a bit faster, smoother power delivery, and yes, I can hear the exhaust burble!

Thanks again Joe!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #19
its_dewayne
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi

Props to Joe and a fellow Kentuckian on helping me out today. I reached out to him a few days ago about remote accessing my computer to code my xenon headlights for me. Thank you as well for being patient while I re wired the headlights internally and also changing out a dead bulb.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #20
Pladi
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Fenomenal service from Joe@TopGearSolutions !

They flashed my car with the PPK sw. It was quick and professional. They respond quick. Excellent service. Highly recommend.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #21
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pladi View Post
Fenomenal service from Joe@TopGearSolutions !

They flashed my car with the PPK sw. It was quick and professional. They respond quick. Excellent service. Highly recommend.
Thanks, and glad we were able to help.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #22
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Thanks, and glad we were able to help.
I need your help.