Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > P Zero MO terrible tyre noise

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-13-2023, 06:46 PM   #1
TassieBMW
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E90 330i MSport

P Zero MO terrible tyre noise

I'm currently running some Pirelli P Zero MO (Mercedes OEM) tyres on my E90 330i that I had fitted a year or two ago. They have plenty of tread left and no cupping or irregular wear patterns but oh my god, the noise is shockingly bad.

I actually replaced both front wheel bearings and a bunch of suspension components thinking that was the cause as the noise was so loud I thought tyres were out of the question. Just recently however I fitted another set of wheels with some crappy 10 year old Chinese tyres and I couldn't believe it, the noise was gone!

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the P Zero's?

What tyre would you recommend for an E90 M Sport (255/35/R18 rear and 225/40/R18 front) that has great grip but is less noisy? I was thinking perhaps the Michelin Pilot Sport 5?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 08:30 PM   #2
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

whats the date code, imo pirelli are junk , never had any good experiences. you will love michelins

Last edited by 335i54n; 06-13-2023 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 09:14 PM   #3
TassieBMW
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E90 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i54n View Post
whats the date code, imo pirelli are junk , never had any good experiences. you will love michelins
Date code is recent (either 2020 or 2021 from memory) so they're not at all old.

I think perhaps the Mercedes version I got wasn't designed to be quiet since Mercs generally have better sound deadening but even still, I can hardly believe how loud they are for a premium tyre.

My M6 has PS4S on it and those are great, I have high expectations for the PS5.

Find it very odd how these P Zero's have this problem though.
Appreciate 0