E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help! Tried to read FRM now car dead

12-03-2023, 09:31 AM   #1
rich81
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport

Help! Tried to read FRM now car dead

I have posted in general as well sorry for double post but I am panicking now.

I just tried a read coding CODIERDATEN_LESEN of my FRM. Had just done a read of 2MULF fine, with ICS Expert.

Multiple warnings came up once I pressed execute job on the FRM read, it did read the file, but now the whole car is not active. No central locking, can’t even turn ignition on the clocks just flash. What have I done :’(

Is this recoverable somehow…

https://youtu.be/kEUDfRPeOZ4?si=uxLegCLjJp8t3edH
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 10:12 AM   #2
rich81
Rep

SO I could still connect to the FRM through INPA, read and clear faults... so I don't think it's bricked that module, but why car won't even start... what would control that? Where do I start

Last edited by rich81; 12-03-2023 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 01:20 PM   #3
rich81
Rep

So initial panic over - seems like this was simply the battery being dead during the coding. I didn't follow the advice of hooking up the battery charger, because I was only planning on reading quickly. I guess I lost track of time and spent too long with the ignition on. Serves me right for not following the advice.

It was extra scary because it all died the second I hit 'execute job', but seems to be a coincidence. With the battery charger hooked up, car came back to life...
Appreciate 0