E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > What will I need to swap my suspension

01-29-2024, 04:35 AM   #1
avivienni
ASH
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93 2009

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
What will I need to swap my suspension

Hey guys, so I recently just bought a kit from ECS tuning that comes with Koni FSDs and Eibach lowering springs. While waiting for those to get here I was watching some tutorials to see what the job was gonna be like. But the person in the video started naming all these little parts that I should change out with my suspension. My question is what other parts should I change out and should I get one of those kits with everything in them? I’ll leave pics attached. Any help is much appreciated, thanks 🙏
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 10:15 AM   #2
Cyril Sneer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/4/5 / E91

I've searched extensively, and asked the same question here, but for some reason no clear answers.

The kits (suspension install kit, refresh kits) seem to be missing some items, have stuff I won't need, and if I get both I end up with a bunch of duplicates.

I might just get the necessities to install, then whatever else I find while I'm in there can be planned for a future job. Probably way too easy to over-plan this job trying to solve every potential problem before you even get there.

What video were you referencing? Link?

Last edited by Cyril Sneer; 02-10-2024 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2024, 01:43 PM   #3
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

Things like the front top mounts.
Then there is a gasket above it that won’t be included
Or new upper spring mounts and the washer in there and the rubber seats top and bottom.

There not much from BMW and just a lot nicer to replace.
Could get new bolts ect of you fancy !

On the rear again the spring cups and rubbers ect as there probably worn out or rusted ect
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2024, 02:46 AM   #4
avivienni
ASH
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Sorry for the late response, ended up getting the refresh kit in the first pic. I haven’t thrown on the suspension yet, if there’s anything else I should get please feel free to let me know. Thank you for the help 🙌
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 02:47 AM   #5
avivienni
ASH
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Sneer View Post
I've searched extensively, and asked the same question here, but for some reason no clear answers.

The kits (suspension install kit, refresh kits) seem to be missing some items, have stuff I won't need, and if I get both I end up with a bunch of duplicates.

I might just get the necessities to install, then whatever else I find while I'm in there can be planned for a future job. Probably way too easy to over-plan this job trying to solve every potential problem before you even get there.

What video were you referencing? Link?
Wasn’t a specific video, whenever I looked at people installing suspension they’d mention a bunch of parts, if I run into another video I’ll make sure to link it
Appreciate 0