E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Aussie PM should be king of the world?

09-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #45
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I am with you brother. My wife and I have recently (last couple of years) had to start going to church in order to get our son into a school where they still have a nativity play. I have a been told by many people that I am being two faced as we have never really been church people – although we are Christian believers. But you have to do what you have to do. In fact there have been many good off shoots from being involved with the church, meeting other families in the community etc

We looked at many different schools some private some state, and virtually all of them did not have things like nativity plays and did not recognise xmas through fear of offending the Muslim pupils. We managed to get him into the very good, hugely over subscribed Church school and he and us are very happy

its rediculous to not have a Nativity play for fear of upsetting anyone, as a muslim myself I couldn't care less what plays the school have, as long as the kids are getting involved/happy and not learning to hate each other then its all good. When i was a wee lad I went to a convent school with some pretty openly racist kids, I used to frequently be asked by other pupils 'hey Amir, when you going to have a bath?' etc and the teachers didn't give a toss, and some of the older nuns - well they were deffo a bit xenophobic, never openly but always subtly...

Anyway everybody loves having a pop at us muslims and I know we don't help ourselves and our PR is terrible but behind the cocks who go round making sweeping radicalist statements on our behalf theres a lot of us who are just normal people like me with friends from all walks of life, normal houses, E90 BMW's and sit on forums rather than doing their work!

So next time you're thinking about the 'fucking muslims' just remember the head of the British muslim council said 'To suggest celebrating Christmas and having decorations offends Muslims is absurd. Why can't we have more nativity scenes in Britain?', oh but that didn't end up in the Daily Mail so mustn't consider that? There was also that school in the south that had a Czech play/story instead of a traditional nativity, didn't hear anybody saying 'fucking czechs'... !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #46
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

I agree with what you have said, Zedman. All the Muslims I know are genuine live and let live people. It's a shame that some vocal and vociferous minorities within your culture tend to spoil it for everyone.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #47
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
The media don't do Muslims any favours but i think they ought to try and counter this constant bad publicity - zedman - you sound like just the man for the job! Or failing that, how about we take it on (I run a PR firm)??!! Ermm - maybe not seeing as I know far too little about Islam.

After all the KKK were "Christians" as are many loonies and there are plenty of other non Muslim religious fanatics. Many also consider the USA to be the no.1 rogue state...

However I do think those moving here should make an effort to learn the language, culture etc. The amount I cringe when I go abroad (always try to go to non touristy spots) and see British oiks in their fake footy kit heading straight for the nearest Irish bar and demanding a fry up each morning. There have been many times abroad when I've been ashamed to be British.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #48
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman View Post
its rediculous to not have a Nativity play for fear of upsetting anyone, as a muslim myself I couldn't care less what plays the school have, as long as the kids are getting involved/happy and not learning to hate each other then its all good. When i was a wee lad I went to a convent school with some pretty openly racist kids, I used to frequently be asked by other pupils 'hey Amir, when you going to have a bath?' etc and the teachers didn't give a toss, and some of the older nuns - well they were deffo a bit xenophobic, never openly but always subtly...

Anyway everybody loves having a pop at us muslims and I know we don't help ourselves and our PR is terrible but behind the cocks who go round making sweeping radicalist statements on our behalf theres a lot of us who are just normal people like me with friends from all walks of life, normal houses, E90 BMW's and sit on forums rather than doing their work!

So next time you're thinking about the 'fucking muslims' just remember the head of the British muslim council said 'To suggest celebrating Christmas and having decorations offends Muslims is absurd. Why can't we have more nativity scenes in Britain?', oh but that didn't end up in the Daily Mail so mustn't consider that? There was also that school in the south that had a Czech play/story instead of a traditional nativity, didn't hear anybody saying 'fucking czechs'... !!!

To make position clear I never think ‘fucking Muslims’ – as a resident of East London I have many dealings with Muslims. I employ them, I play golf with them and they are a large part of the community I live in. – Your comments sound like they are coming from someone who has somewhat of a chip on their shoulder? I guess you feel like you getting a raw deal in life or something?

I don’t have a raciest bone in my body, but there is no doubting that the country I truly love is losing its identity and my 5 year old is growing up in a totally different environment to what I did – and that saddens me.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #49
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
The media don't do Muslims any favours but i think they ought to try and counter this constant bad publicity - zedman - you sound like just the man for the job! Or failing that, how about we take it on (I run a PR firm)??!! Ermm - maybe not seeing as I know far too little about Islam.
As an example let us look at the West Ham v Millwall game, there was a tiny minority of West Ham fans in the ground who were "kicking off" yet the majority did nothing about it. The majority didnt group together to stop the idiots, they didnt call out to them to tell them to stop what they were doing, they did nothing.

So if it is so hard for thousands of football fans to stop a few other fans from bringing their club into disrepute live on TV infront of hundreds of police officers, then why do people always think it easy for Muslims to do it?

The crazy minority will always get the airtime they crave and that is the fault of the media, whos' interests lie in not the public good but making money.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #50
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
To make position clear I never think ‘fucking Muslims’ – as a resident of East London I have many dealings with Muslims. I employ them, I play golf with them and they are a large part of the community I live in. – Your comments sound like they are coming from someone who has somewhat of a chip on their shoulder? I guess you feel like you getting a raw deal in life or something?

I don’t have a raciest bone in my body, but there is no doubting that the country I truly love is losing its identity and my 5 year old is growing up in a totally different environment to what I did – and that saddens me.
player those 'fucking Muslims' thing was referring to the post that you replied to, I tried to quote it all but only your bit came through, I think it's post 35.

Anyway i'm quite happy with my life, i think? I dont (think) I have any chips on my shoulder but I think when someone refers to your community/people etc as 'fucking muslims' it's quite natural to want to defend yourself and point out that its not just us that can get it wrong.

As far as the 'raw deal' goes, i'm not quite sure which bit you inferred that from but theres a lot of people with a lot more than me, but a hell of a lot with way less so i'm happy today - and hopefully tomorrow too!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #51
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I am always thinking 'fucking muslims'!!

They drive me nuts!!

Go round and its alcahol free beer!!! Have to have veggie food all the time cause most places aren't halal!! Then you forget its Ramaḍān and spend ages doing food for when you go round and they won't eat it!!!

They're a pain in the arse!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #52
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I am always thinking 'fucking muslims'!!

They drive me nuts!!

Go round and its alcahol free beer!!! Have to have veggie food all the time cause most places aren't halal!! Then you forget its Ramaḍān and spend ages doing food for when you go round and they won't eat it!!!

They're a pain in the arse!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #53
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman View Post
I dont (think) I have any chips on my shoulder
Well said, I didn't see anything in your post to suggest that either.
Appreciate 0