E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ProCEDE Install Tips

03-23-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

ProCEDE Install Tips

I did a search, and I don't see any RECENT threads regarding install tips for the PROcede. Mine has been shipped, and should arrive today. I want to install tonight.

Any suggestions out there? I have looked at the help threads on the vishnu website. I have searched the threads here.

It seems that people are having trouble disconnecting the vacuum lines without breaking the tips. It also seems that a typical installation time for a newbie is an hour, maybe more.

Just give me your .02. Anything that saved you time or you learned the hard way would probably help.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

vishnutuning.com

then go to support, 335i, then forums.
      03-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
TROUP ATL335
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

First time is about an hour be patient and work slow.
the vacum lines are a pita to remove, dont use a tool just be patient and work them off. same when putting them on just be patient.
wires are easy but make sure your male to female connections cant come loose.
fuse, mine was a pain to plug back in but it went with a minimal amount of force. I used a little screwdriver to seperate the clamp on the included fuse clip then I used pliers to crimp it back down once attached the the wire (this will make since when you get to that step.)
if you get a code dont panic just double check eveything and post on Vishnu support forum and they will help you.

Be Careful
Be Patient
Dont get frustrated

P.S.
Wait for your engine to cool.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Mine is supposed to here. Chad at STETT Performance is putting mine in for a couple of pesos. I know it is supposed to be simple, my AADD would probably cause me to take days. He will then show me diconnect reconnect tips. (service). Maybe you could check around your area for such a person as Chad. Thanks Chad! Good luck.
      03-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Regarding the vacuum lines, i have found that pulling them off works better than trying to pry them off with a screw driver. Just pull straight up (not at an angle). If you do want to use a screw driver to loosen the hose (which is totally fine), just make sure you don't cut it by accident. If you do, it's no big deal. Just cut off the torn end of the hose. There's really nothing you can do that would result in an unfixable problem.

And yes, our tech support forum is the best place to ask questions: http://216.120.252.228/forum/

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Regarding the vacuum lines, i have found that pulling them off works better than trying to pry them off with a screw driver. Just pull straight up (not at an angle). If you do want to use a screw driver to loosen the hose (which is totally fine), just make sure you don't cut it by accident. If you do, it's no big deal. Just cut off the torn end of the hose. There's really nothing you can do that would result in an unfixable problem.

And yes, our tech support forum is the best place to ask questions: http://216.120.252.228/forum/

Shiv

Thank-you, Shiv. You guys have even been great before I received the unit (which did arrive today). I'm sure you'll be there for me if I need you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep

Turbocoins is ProCEDE tuned!!:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
Dustin Bramell
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 125cc Trackmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
Turbocoins is ProCEDE tuned!!:rocks:
What? No post on our PROcede support forum with installation hints/tips of your own??

So, how do you like it?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu View Post
What? No post on our PROcede support forum with installation hints/tips of your own??

So, how do you like it?
Awesome!! I have driven 100 miles tonight, and the power is tremendous. Now my 275 PS2s aren't holding well enough in 1st and 2nd gear. Can't wait for the LSD.

I posted a few tips on the website--nothing earth shattering, though.

When I have time, I'll try to dyno it and get to the track. Maybe I can run a 15.0 at 112 and beat Shiv!
Appreciate 0