E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Issues with my Car and SA

09-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Issues with my Car and SA

Im having issues with my car, i was wondering if anyone could help me.
One day driving on the highway going 70+ mph there was this sudden drop on the road. My car hit the floor violently, everything was fine till two days later. i start noticing my car is making left turns faster than right turns, and also my power steering completely shut off.

So i called Rallye Bmw made an appointment and met with my service advisor. He told me that the power steering pulley was broken and so was the belt. I also explained to him that my car was pulling to the right and that it felt as if my left turns were faster than my right turns. He calls me back and tells me its going to be expensive and that i should go through insurance.
So i did. He also stated that he wouldnt know what was causing the pulling until he got it on the alignment machine. So i wait a week he tells me and my insurance company that my rims are bent, so he explained that i needed to replace all my wheels and two of my tires and that he would start from there.
The bill came out to $4,000+ dollars

So i wait two weeks get a call from him saying my car is ready and it is in "showroom" condition. So i went there finally picked up my car, on the way home felt a very very light vibration and a very very slight pulling. So i thought what the heck its probably just in my head since bmw fixed it.
Now its been two month and i see this problem again now. At higher speeds it feels as if somethings loose like the left turn and right turn isnt distributed evenly on the steering wheel. This FRUSTRATES ME. I dropped of a car told him what i wanted. Did a whole bunch of nonsense and my car is back to the same. And as i was checking the reciept that i was given on the last page it says "CAR NEEDS MORE WORK START IN REAR". The service advisor told me my car was in " showroom condition" than why does it say that on the reciept? ( i know i shouldve read it, but who would second doubt bmw?)

I left a message on my service advisors phone. its been 2 business days and hasnt returned my phone call yet. I emailed the service manager over at rallye hopefully he'll respond. but what other actions could i possibly take?

thanks in advance guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Talk to their GM and then call BMWNA and let them know whats going on! Fucking douchebags sometimes!

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
BOOST3D
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 328i 2000,X5 2003,2008 335i

SA are not your friend, they will try to screw you anyway they can call bmwna....
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

i know this sound stupid but does anyone have bmwna phone number?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
zsapphire7
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

"show room condition" doesnt necessarily mean its in drivable condition
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofzpumba View Post
i know this sound stupid but does anyone have bmwna phone number?
you can get it off bmwusas website

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
FastLane
Live life in this lane....
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

OP: What rims are you driving on? Stock 189's? Also, are you awd or rwd?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
welcome to BMW'S WORLD
      09-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLane View Post
OP: What rims are you driving on? Stock 189's? Also, are you awd or rwd?
yea my cars on stock 189's and its rwd
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

i feel like i'm being shitted on. bmwna told me they would get my dealership's service manager to call me.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

this is absurd. i finally call bmwna they get my service advisor to call me back in less than 10 minutes. (WOW THANKS A TON BMWNA) anyways my service advisor calls me and says whats going on. i asked him about the reciept where it says

"tech 234 performed 4 wheel alignment with front and rear camber and toe adjustments"// " car will need more work, need to start in rear"

LOL wanna know what my service advisor says? "i wrote that in the reciept before the car was fixed"

than what the hell does the tech mean when he says car will need more work?
he also said "the car passed with flying colors" (THAN WHY DOES MY CAR FEEL LIKE THIS?!) he told me to make an appointment etc, but WOW rallye bmw is full of shit.
didnt return my phone call after 5 business days. but as soon i contact BMWNA they return my call in 10 minutes.

the car doesnt have problems going straight but at slight curves and turns you definitely know, theres something wrong with the car.

i specifcally told them, i will pay you guys whatever you want. I just want my car back to the way it was. does anyone know bmw policy? is it to return a car that is 50% fixed?
is bmw about half ass jobs? that not what i thought, but definitely what im experiencing right now.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

can anyone give me the spec's of the stock alignment? thanks in advance guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Wow, sorry to hear about your problem man.

Hope they'll be able to fix it!

GL!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #14
BavarianBullet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oofzpumba View Post
this is absurd. i finally call bmwna they get my service advisor to call me back in less than 10 minutes. (WOW THANKS A TON BMWNA) anyways my service advisor calls me and says whats going on. i asked him about the reciept where it says

"tech 234 performed 4 wheel alignment with front and rear camber and toe adjustments"// " car will need more work, need to start in rear"

LOL wanna know what my service advisor says? "i wrote that in the reciept before the car was fixed"

than what the hell does the tech mean when he says car will need more work?
he also said "the car passed with flying colors" (THAN WHY DOES MY CAR FEEL LIKE THIS?!) he told me to make an appointment etc, but WOW rallye bmw is full of shit.
didnt return my phone call after 5 business days. but as soon i contact BMWNA they return my call in 10 minutes.

the car doesnt have problems going straight but at slight curves and turns you definitely know, theres something wrong with the car.

i specifcally told them, i will pay you guys whatever you want. I just want my car back to the way it was. does anyone know bmw policy? is it to return a car that is 50% fixed?
is bmw about half ass jobs? that not what i thought, but definitely what im experiencing right now.
If you can provide info on what parts BMW said they replaced we may be able to offer more assistance. For example, a solid impact that could bend a rim could potentially bend something in the steering rack, tie rods, tie rod ends, steering shaft joints, etc. All of these could cause slop.

Based on what you said in the first post, it sounds like you have a bent driver's side tie rod or something on that side of the steering gear (joint inside the steering rack etc).

Sometimes mechanics aren't that bright and will do something like try to adjust a misalignment by just turning the tie rod adjustment when in reality, the rod itself is bent and is thus "shorter" in geometric length than its opposite tie rod. You might literally turn faster one way vs the other because one wheel's rate of change of direction is higher than the other because of the difference in geometry.

It would probably be a good idea to have another shop (even if it's not BMW) at least look at the car to get a new set of eyes on it. Check things like tie rods using a straight-edge, grab each wheel (one at a time, with one on the ground and the other off the ground) and try and tug and twist it along the steering axis to check for slop in each side individually. It would also be a good idea to use some sort of measuring tape etc to get the amount of travel (about the steering axis) the leading edge of each wheel sees when turning the steering wheel lock to lock.

Something like a wheel+tire out of round won't show up on a wheel spin balancer and, while nearly imperceptible to the eye, you would feel it just like an unbalanced wheel on the round. You can check for something like this with a dial indicator (+mount) and spin the wheel while off the ground with the DI reading off of the surface of the tire.

Sorry about your mess. I hope it works out.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #15
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

the only things they replaced were the rims and tires. thats what i dont understand. i explained to him my car wasnt turning normally. but all he did was change the tires and rims. i told him money was not the problem , i went through insurance but all he did was change the tires and rims. bill came out to $4,000+
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
oofzpumba
Private First Class
Rep

the only thing that rallye bmw changed were my rims and tires. which costed $4,000+. i know this may sound stupid but by any chance are you a mechanic? ill drive to conneticut if you can fix my car. im really annoyed by this.
Appreciate 0