E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What are good reputable brands to find parts from or where can I search for them.

12-01-2021, 09:39 PM   #1
DudVudAura
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Question What are good reputable brands to find parts from or where can I search for them.

I recently bought a 2006 330xi 6 speed manual and I don't have crazy money to spend on it since I'm still quite young but there are some things I'd like to change on it. The headlights are in pretty rough shape and I tried to buff them out and clean them a little bit but they still aren't that great and the bulbs are pretty dull so it's hard to drive at night. I was thinking about getting a new pair of headlights probably angel eyes but I just don't know what brands are good for their money. Same for a lot of other stuff with the car, I just don't want to waste money on some random part I found on ebay or amazon or something like that. I know that there's not just like one brand that makes every single part for the car but I was just looking to see what some good brands/websites are out there. Also how do you find good brands for specific parts and how do you know which one to choose from. Sorry for the pretty broad questions I just don't have a lot of money to waste on bad parts that don't fit properly or work that great.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:52 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

All those eBay and Amazon headlights most likely came from the same factory and different vendors sell them at different prices.
They’re all the same unless there’s a huge price difference.

Fcpeuro, ecstuning and RMauto carry good parts for the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:55 PM   #3
ParadeinBerlin
Oil Dispenser
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW x5M  [0.00]
2014 320i (F30)  [0.00]
1999 328i (E36)  [0.00]
2012 335i (E92)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudVudAura View Post
I recently bought a 2006 330xi 6 speed manual and I don't have crazy money to spend on it since I'm still quite young but there are some things I'd like to change on it. The headlights are in pretty rough shape and I tried to buff them out and clean them a little bit but they still aren't that great and the bulbs are pretty dull so it's hard to drive at night. I was thinking about getting a new pair of headlights probably angel eyes but I just don't know what brands are good for their money. Same for a lot of other stuff with the car, I just don't want to waste money on some random part I found on ebay or amazon or something like that. I know that there's not just like one brand that makes every single part for the car but I was just looking to see what some good brands/websites are out there. Also how do you find good brands for specific parts and how do you know which one to choose from. Sorry for the pretty broad questions I just don't have a lot of money to waste on bad parts that don't fit properly or work that great.
You probably have the base halogen headlights. Maybe you can go on eBay and find OEM pre LCI adaptive headlights xenon HID with projector lenses. I'm not sure what the implications on wiring and coding are but it is feasible. You can get the set for $300 used in good condition and from there you can look at OSSdesigns or Bayoptiks to send them in to get Osram Cool Blue HIDs and ZKW-R clear lenses (not cheap).

First focus on getting the OEM units used to achieve much better visibility and later down the line if you want to keep the car, you can spend the extra cash to get them done nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:51 PM   #4
KN19Sub
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, F80 M4

You can get a couple of good stuffs on eBay.
Appreciate 0