E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Is it possible to delete just the EGR and keep the other emission components stock?

10-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #23
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

No apologies needed. I’m not offended or anything. I just have different goals then you like you said. I want to hear my turbos spooling up. I want the added fuel mileage, got 38mpg on a 120mile trip with cruise set at 75mph from maine to nh which is fairly hilly, then 33mpg on the way back hauling ass going 90+Mph (that was in mexico of course ). I want to not being regening wasting fuel all the time and seeing 1,000+ degrees driving normally. I want the added peace of mind not having to worry about any emissions related problem. That is why I did my abc delete, not for 15 more horsepower. But I see where your coming from.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #24
ground_zero
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d sport package

Garage List
2010 BMW 335d  [0.00]
It also eases the CBU that chokes the engine and throws codes, My injector codes were fixed with Stanadyne additive and would highly recommend that stuff it also made it run much better, Currently it's just my EGT and DPF that are throwing codes along with the expected underboost issues.

My DPF has to go...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 09:01 AM   #25
X5-Diesel
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D E70

Just got the car running again with the new EGR race pipe and the JR Stage 2 tune. Wow, I wasn't expecting such a noticeable performance difference considering that I didn't do the full ABC delete. The car feels completely different now, much better acceleration. The gas mileage seems to be improved as well. Very happy that I decided to remove the EGR from the vehicle.

Will do the DPF/SCR removal when those systems start to fail but I am very happy with the car for now.

In the last month I have had my mechanic change the transmission fluid/filter/mechatronic sleeve, seals, thermostat, both diff fluids, transfer case fluid, glow plugs, glow plug pre-heating module, EGR delete, and all vacuum lines. I also changed the power steering fluid myself using the turkey baster method. I really hope that I don't have to put anymore money into this vehicle for quite a while, this has been a very expensive month of maintenance.
Appreciate 0