E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another Unsolvable 30FF

10-11-2023, 01:59 PM   #45
SlowE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 335i, E60 2008 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevLansky View Post
I'm currently not in my Car, and there is my other Device i use for MHD, i'm going to the car in about an hour but i don't know how to post the rail pressure in PSI
Can i just edit the existing Log from the app or do i need to do a new WOT LOG?
Try backing the tune down as well, or add some octane booster and see if that helps with the knock
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 02:02 PM   #46
SlowE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 2007 335i, E60 2008 535xi

Quote:
If there isn't any way to test the Pump or we have another clue, i guess i have to replace the Fuel Pump then
How about the LPFP, this seems fine i guess.

But why would the Car give me a 30FF Code if actually the Pump is dying?
Well your load request and load actual are way off. Possibly a boost leak.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 02:02 PM   #47
DevLansky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335i N54 (2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoB96 View Post
Try backing the tune down as well, or add some octane booster and see if that helps with the knock
If i put the Stage 0 Map on it, there is no 30FF Problem, i don't know if the Other Problems like Rough idle also goes away now but last time it didn't go away
I don't know if i really need a Octane booster on the Shell V-Power, they worked very well so far and i used the Map a long time now and this happend also on 95 RON and with normal Petrol
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 01:17 AM   #48
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
I dif try a few things, im Trying tomorrow if the Flipping helps, but as far as now, it looks like this
Also i attached a picture how the C-Clip Looks like right now
From TIS, here's the correct way of installing the charge pipe and the C-Clip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 02:05 AM   #49
DevLansky
Enlisted Member
Rep

So, i have some Updates for you Guys.

I bought recently a Smoke Machine and did Multiple Trys to do a Smoke Test and i found 3 Leaks.

1) PCV
I replaced it recently, but after taking it out the inner O-Ring was completely broken, after Replacing the O-Ring there is no more Leak
2) TMAP (Chargepipe) Sensor
I tried to replace the O-Ring with a Bigger one but the O-Ring of the Sensor (It's a new Hella Sensor) is bigger then the OG from BMW, it fits really tight, but there is still a Leak?
I have a Custom CP from “Carbontek-Performance”
I could try to put a same size O-Ring but the Seal on the New Sensor seems in a really good condition
3) Turbo Inlet (?)
The Inlet behind the Engine seems to leak when i Smoke the Entire System and push the Inlet with a little Pressure.
I can hear that Air is coming out somewhere near the Turbos

I think 3 is my Major Leak but i‘m not Sure if i am able to repair that by myself without jacking the Car up or bring it in the Shop
Appreciate 1
musa423.00
      10-19-2023, 02:46 PM   #50
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So, i have some Updates for you Guys.

I bought recently a Smoke Machine and did Multiple Trys to do a Smoke Test and i found 3 Leaks.

1) PCV
I replaced it recently, but after taking it out the inner O-Ring was completely broken, after Replacing the O-Ring there is no more Leak
2) TMAP (Chargepipe) Sensor
I tried to replace the O-Ring with a Bigger one but the O-Ring of the Sensor (It's a new Hella Sensor) is bigger then the OG from BMW, it fits really tight, but there is still a Leak?
I have a Custom CP from “Carbontek-Performance”
I could try to put a same size O-Ring but the Seal on the New Sensor seems in a really good condition
3) Turbo Inlet (?)
The Inlet behind the Engine seems to leak when i Smoke the Entire System and push the Inlet with a little Pressure.
I can hear that Air is coming out somewhere near the Turbos

I think 3 is my Major Leak but i‘m not Sure if i am able to repair that by myself without jacking the Car up or bring it in the Shop
Wow, I hope you've nailed it! What smoke machine did you use? I've read that it's better to do a smoke test yourself since it requires a lot of patience to look for a leak. Many have had pro mechanics passing smoke test only to find one or more after doing it yourself and taking your time while at it.

All the best and thanks for the updates By the way, are you having any difficulties jacking the car up?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 04:40 PM   #51
DevLansky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
Wow, I hope you've nailed it! What smoke machine did you use? I've read that it's better to do a smoke test yourself since it requires a lot of patience to look for a leak. Many have had pro mechanics passing smoke test only to find one or more after doing it yourself and taking your time while at it.

All the best and thanks for the updates By the way, are you having any difficulties jacking the car up?
Currently i didn't do much, i tried to put my arm through the space between the Boost Solenoids and the Coolant Resovoir, i could reach it and if i press it to the direction of the Turbo it makes a "click" noise, if i try to rattle the Inlet from the Airbox Side, it seems like it pops out again (the "click" noise comes again if i try to push the Pipe on the Turbo).
My goal is to replace only the Rear Inlet with a silicon Pipe without Working from the Bottom of the car, i know it seems dumb but i can't work from the downside, only my shop could it do.

Thanks, i took alot of Patience, i used a Smoke Tester from „Autool“, i bought the ST106.

I could Jack the Car up, but i can't Lift it up, and i have a really small garage here, so i can only jack one side up.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 04:48 PM   #52
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Currently i didn't do much, i tried to put my arm through the space between the Boost Solenoids and the Coolant Resovoir, i could reach it and if i press it to the direction of the Turbo it makes a "click" noise, if i try to rattle the Inlet from the Airbox Side, it seems like it pops out again (the "click" noise comes again if i try to push the Pipe on the Turbo).
My goal is to replace only the Rear Inlet with a silicon Pipe without Working from the Bottom of the car, i know it seems dumb but i can't work from the downside, only my shop could it do.

Thanks, i took alot of Patience, i used a Smoke Tester from „Autool“, i bought the ST106.

I could Jack the Car up, but i can't Lift it up, and i have a really small garage here, so i can only jack one side up.
How about the ramps from harborfrieght? You just need the front of the car up, right? May be add a jack stand for extra safety?

https://www.harborfreight.com/solid-...set-63250.html
Appreciate 1
SlowE92112.00
      10-19-2023, 05:02 PM   #53
DevLansky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
How about the ramps from harborfrieght? You just need the front of the car up, right? May be add a jack stand for extra safety?

https://www.harborfreight.com/solid-...set-63250.html
I actually have Jack Stands purchased a while ago but didn't ever use them, these Ramps looks really good, maybe i buy one day one of those, but anyways its a PITA to take off the entire Protection underneath
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 05:16 PM   #54
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually have Jack Stands purchased a while ago but didn't ever use them, these Ramps looks really good, maybe i buy one day one of those, but anyways its a PITA to take off the entire Protection underneath
It's not that bad. I recently changed the entire under protection with only the front on jackstands at their lowest height. And the turbos too some years back but on their max height. With a power tool like this one, you can have the entire under body protection trim down in less than 20 minutes. If your garage has the standard roof height, you can lift the car really heigh with jack stands at their maximum height and the hood open. But always remember - safety first and always add an extra protection, e.g., ramp + jackstands + wheel chock.
Attached Images

Last edited by musa; 10-19-2023 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2023, 05:26 PM   #55
DevLansky
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
It's not that bad. I recently changed the entire under protection with only the front on jackstands at their lowest height. And the turbos too some years back but on their max height. With a power tool like this one, you can have the entire under body protection trim down in less than 20 minutes. If your garage has the standard roof height, you can lift the car really heigh with jack stands at their maximum height and the hood open.
Oh well, thanks for the Advice, i try to look know if the Inlet is really broken (The Mechanic i brought the Car to, Broke a lot of things, i am sure he broke the inlet too but i'm not Judging without proof), i bought recently a little cam, i try to look on the head of the inlet, if it seems broken im gona replace it and i guess this should make the Car run good again
Appreciate 1
musa423.00
      10-19-2023, 05:29 PM   #56
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh well, thanks for the Advice, i try to look know if the Inlet is really broken (The Mechanic i brought the Car to, Broke a lot of things, i am sure he broke the inlet too but i'm not Judging without proof), i bought recently a little cam, i try to look on the head of the inlet, if it seems broken im gona replace it and i guess this should make the Car run good again
Great idea to inspect with a cam, that's smart.
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #57
DevLansky
Enlisted Member
Rep

So, i did the Test today with the Camera and guess what, i found something…
It seems like the pipe isn't completely on the Turbo, if i try to push it in the Turbo it makes a „click“ noise but it is still like that
I guess this means my Rear Inlet got Broken by my Mechanic while he changed the Turbos
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
musa423.00